Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6000|...
While having a gun in situations like these is probably great, I don't think it justifies having a 5x higher homicide rate than almost every EU country. Gun laws must have a stake in that.
inane little opines
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

dayarath wrote:

While having a gun in situations like these is probably great, I don't think it justifies having a 5x higher homicide rate than almost every EU country. Gun laws must have a stake in that.
that is discussed here.
http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcgvinco.html
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6000|...
So you are inherently more violent ?
inane little opines
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

With the correct alarm and or other passive measures you can almost 100% prevent them from entering the house in the first place thus rendering the need for a gun and a situation where a gun would be needed to almost 0 ...
Banks have alarms, stores have alarms, and yet, they get broken into......so much for your 100% alarm systems.

what else ya got??
Excellent rhetoric's lowing ... since banks with alarms attracts thieves it doesn't work on a home ...

Wait behind the line ..............................................................
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

With the correct alarm and or other passive measures you can almost 100% prevent them from entering the house in the first place thus rendering the need for a gun and a situation where a gun would be needed to almost 0 ...
Banks have alarms, stores have alarms, and yet, they get broken into......so much for your 100% alarm systems.

what else ya got??
Excellent rhetoric's lowing ... since banks with alarms attracts thieves it doesn't work on a home ...

lol what? an alarm is an alarm and a thief is a thief , what the hell are you talking about?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

dayarath wrote:

So you are inherently more violent ?
maybe

and until you figure out how to curtail that, since gun availability, is not a factor, I will continue to CCW and keep guns in my home for defense.

Last edited by lowing (2011-03-09 07:43:30)

Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

what else ya got??

lol what? an alarm is an alarm and a thief is a thief , what the hell are you talking about?
If you really don't get it I will not bother dragging this over another 25 pages discussing the issue ... it's not that important ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

If you really don't get it I will not bother dragging this over another 25 pages discussing the issue ... it's not that important ...
nope got no clue what you are talking about. Really wondering if you do.

Are you actually trying to say an alarm is a deterrence but when I point out stores and banks have alarms and they still get robbed, you are claiming that is different? Really?
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5979|Blue Mountain State
I like guns.
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6522|Istanbul-Turkey
We can access to CNN, you dont have to post a new topic for every single news.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Ottomania wrote:

ummmm wouldn't that ring true for 95 % of all OP's? If you don't want to post anything constructive, keep moving then, simply really.
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6522|Istanbul-Turkey

lowing wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

ummmm wouldn't that ring true for 95 % of all OP's? If you don't want to post anything constructive, keep moving then, simply really.
This OP is extremely ordinary to be posted as a new topic.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Ottomania wrote:

lowing wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

I didn't think so given the intense debates here regarding home invasion. However, comment still stands, if it is to blase' for you, keep moving and don't worry about it.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5962|Places 'n such
Fuck installing an alarm. Just leave a mannequin covered with fake blood in your kitchen.
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
jaymz9350
+54|6578

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Again, my family's life is already at risk when my home got invaded. Not because I defend it. God, your attitude is unbelievable. Let me ask you, do you even own a home? Do you own possessions that you bought yourself? Do you have a wife and kids? In other words, in your mind, do you have anything or anyone in your life worth protecting?

Shoot hollow points. Plus, a .22 i not exactly the optimal home defense round
Again, hollow points really don't have much less of a dangerous range than standard bullets.
.22lr is a very low powered cartridge and has a lethal range measured in miles, .45 is many times more dangerous.

Apart from family do I have anything I think is worth risking blowing my neighbours kids head off in order to protect?
No. Even for family a knife or bat would be my first pick.

Would I want everyone in my street armed and ready to start spraying bullets around to protect their TV or porcelain miniatures?
Not likely.
The point of hollow points isn't the lack of range, it's the lack of distance they go after hitting an object.  They stop (or severely slow down) after hitting objects such as people and walls making  them a good home defense round.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

jaymz9350 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Again, my family's life is already at risk when my home got invaded. Not because I defend it. God, your attitude is unbelievable. Let me ask you, do you even own a home? Do you own possessions that you bought yourself? Do you have a wife and kids? In other words, in your mind, do you have anything or anyone in your life worth protecting?

Shoot hollow points. Plus, a .22 i not exactly the optimal home defense round
Again, hollow points really don't have much less of a dangerous range than standard bullets.
.22lr is a very low powered cartridge and has a lethal range measured in miles, .45 is many times more dangerous.

Apart from family do I have anything I think is worth risking blowing my neighbours kids head off in order to protect?
No. Even for family a knife or bat would be my first pick.

Would I want everyone in my street armed and ready to start spraying bullets around to protect their TV or porcelain miniatures?
Not likely.
The point of hollow points isn't the lack of range, it's the lack of distance they go after hitting an object.  They stop (or severely slow down) after hitting objects such as people and walls making  them a good home defense round.
bingo
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North
this thread makes me sad

doucheface broke in because nobody was home

an alarm would have made him steal shit faster and then just run away without being caught

forcibly enter someones home = you give up your right to safety. don't like it? don't do it

as far as police being "professionals" with firearms.... many can barely tell you what caliber their sidearm is
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

lowing wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

lowing wrote:

I didn't think so given the intense debates here regarding home invasion. However, comment still stands, if it is to blase' for you, keep moving and don't worry about it.
Ignore the nutjob lowing
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
if you broke into my house lowing, i would shoot you in the face like a gazillion times.
Tu Stultus Es
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6738|Oxferd Ohire
not sure he'd have a face by that point
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
the memory of a face
Tu Stultus Es
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

krazed wrote:

this thread makes me sad

doucheface broke in because nobody was home

an alarm would have made him steal shit faster and then just run away without being caught

forcibly enter someones home = you give up your right to safety. don't like it? don't do it

as far as police being "professionals" with firearms.... many can barely tell you what caliber their sidearm is
And many can barely operate them, let alone hit anything.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

eleven bravo wrote:

if you broke into my house lowing, i would shoot you in the face like a gazillion times.
Well it is a good thing I would never break into anyone's home then isn't it?
Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

That can be debated
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

That can be debated
ummmm no not really.

Oh wait, is there where I both my legs and arms are cut off and  I go blind, so my wife and kids abandon me and I am left with no choice but to break into someones house in order to survive?

Last edited by lowing (2011-03-10 06:37:31)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard