Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6723
And perhaps the coolest thing in terms of persistence that we learned is that if you get a knife kill on someone, you will always be able to commemorate that kill because you will have your victim's dog tags. You'll have dog tags for every knife kill, with the victim's name on it, so you can really rub it in if you get multiple knife kills on your friend.
LoL, "poor" statpadders.

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-05-11 11:30:33)

tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6818|San Francisco

the_heart_attack wrote:

there was a big notice up the top of the forums all night saying chuy and his tf crew were at e3 playing bf2142 and he will be giving us the lowdown in the morning.
Actually, we were at EA HQ playing via the internet against people on the E3 floor... A writeup and video should be coming shortly.
niomosy
+26|6660

usmarine2005 wrote:

niomosy wrote:

I'll wait until I can play it.  I'm leary on it at this point but we'll see how that goes.  Just gotta wait until Friday to get my hands on it.
?????
I'm a local so I'll just be taking the day off work on Friday and going to E3.  I hope to post some thoughts some time after I get home from E3 on Friday.  I'll likely start a new thread for it.
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6633|under there hayousaidunderwear
Yeah i hope there is still a ranking system
arson
+99|6607|New York
Watching the video of the producer talk about the game was very informative. The games looks amazing.. TITAN  FTW
Flyboy63
+8|6675|South Australia
The pod idea is awesome.

Certainly seems DICE know what they are doing. The more I see of this game the more I like.
xbrandomx
+9|6621

IronFerret wrote:

Battlefield 2142 itself feels like Battlefield, but with really cool new weapons and vehicles. The hover tank is unlike any other tank in a Battlefield game, because it slides around like it's on ice. It lets you strafe left and right, and that gives you new mobility to try and dodge attacks. The aircraft, we're told, will be easier to fly than counterparts found in existing Battlefield games (flying a helicopter in Battlefield 2 is remarkably as hard as flying one in real life), but to compensate, the aircraft will be nerfed so that they don't dominate the map like they do in Battlefield 2. (Speaking of which, Nilsson says that DICE is currently working to fix that issue in Battlefield 2.)

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html … pid=932358

its says is basically a mod.
????? flying a heli is hard?  Dude- get used to it.  Thats why it takes tallent to fly.

I'm gonna be mad if they nerf my heli and plane in bf2. 

Only the strong survive biotch.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6568|Seattle

I don't understand any of this nerfing crap. Isn't the point to make it "somewhat" realistic? .50 cal is weak as shit, same with miniguns. In real life, these guns pwn all. Why do they try so hard to make a game realistic graphics wise etc. but make the best guns on the battlefield into useless BB guns? I just don't get it and I definitely don't like it. Helos are great as they are now, in my opinion.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Homie22
+34|6582|Orange County, California
cool
xixspyder
AnthraX
+25|6544
I wonder if there is going to be a new form of ranking system with 2142, I doubt our ranks will carry over from previous topics I have read.
arson
+99|6607|New York

xixspyder wrote:

I wonder if there is going to be a new form of ranking system with 2142, I doubt our ranks will carry over from previous topics I have read.
There will be 42 levels..
TC><Injecter
+4|6799|Berlin, Germany

IronFerret wrote:

The aircraft, we're told, will be easier to fly than counterparts found in existing Battlefield games (flying a helicopter in Battlefield 2 is remarkably as hard as flying one in real life)
Have you tried DC or BF: Vietnam ?! Helo flying is damn easy now but... nea...

And: I can't  DL the Movie here... But still i think it's quite cool. But nea... Maybe you will have the same feeling you had at Vietnam... Like a Mod
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6610|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
it will be nice about the dogtags, stop people from statpadding with a knife, i hope you will be able to view who has your dog tags
Capt. Foley
+155|6558|Allentown, PA, USA
i love how people keep complaing about planes and tell us to go fight on the ground
this isnt Counter Strike u fucking retards
this is Battlefield which is made of viechals(and if ur that slow viechals DO INCLUDE PLANES DUMBASSES)
Solarity
+0|6555|Gleneagles, Scotland
Is it just me or Battlefield 2142 sounding very much like Planetside?
l41e
+677|6619

Capt. Foley wrote:

i love how people keep complaing about planes and tell us to go fight on the ground
this isnt Counter Strike u fucking retards
this is Battlefield which is made of viechals(and if ur that slow viechals DO INCLUDE PLANES DUMBASSES)
The hell?

There has been more "OMFGZ DONT NERF TEH PLANES I WILL KILL U DICE" than "fight on the ground" in this thread, I'd say about tenfold.
=DHG=ArkAng37
+16|6575
anyone know if its going to have ranks and metals like BF2 does?
R0lyP0ly
+161|6624|USA
i think we should be able to have our stats transferred, so we dont have inflated stats bc all the godlike players started over at PVT and will play a round and have like a 15 : 1 K/D.

what kind of unlocks are we looking for here? i think snipers need a thermal scope, that can be toggled on or off (either reg cope or thermal sight). <-- just to fit in with the futuristic thing

ps.  was that drop pods i saw on the trailer? it seemed those little round balls popped out reoopers, a la Halo 2
R0lyP0ly
+161|6624|USA

Solarity wrote:

sort of, but the second EA makes us pay a monthly fee I'm bringing my photon blaster to their office and killing everybody.
washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6682

R0lyP0ly wrote:

Solarity wrote:

sort of, but the second EA makes us pay a monthly fee I'm bringing my photon blaster to their office and killing everybody.
they'll never do that thing unless they want to get bankrupted

and all you plane haters.. TOUGH !
i contribute more to my team then you will ever as a infantry

i can move across the map faster, i can kill more and faster... so yea shut up noobs
Defiance
+438|6642

the_heart_attack wrote:

yeh my mates in the aus army lace one up in the boots, im sure its like that all around the world.
Yup, my stepbrother in the marines has his second dogtag in the laces of his boots.

Scary though that it might have to be used...
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

Defiance wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

yeh my mates in the aus army lace one up in the boots, im sure its like that all around the world.
Yup, my stepbrother in the marines has his second dogtag in the laces of his boots.

Scary though that it might have to be used...
I taped mine to the inside of my boot, right by the arch so it wouldn't bother me.  I had one in each boot, I have "meat tags" under my left armpit, the ones around my neck, and one taped to the back of my body armor.  A little overkill, but what the hell.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2006-05-11 17:04:24)

rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6653|England and damn proud
There isnt any planes though in 2142 just heli things or so im told.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85

Bigwrm wrote:

E7IX3R wrote:

if they nerf the aircraft. i will be pissed.
Might have to hop out of your crutch and shotta gun and cap a flag like the rest of us? 

Whaaaaa
No, I think he'll be pissed along with me because this is battlefield, and I like my BF with vehicles, not just guns.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard