FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

AussieReaper wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Blood Money is regarded as the best Hitman game by most people I am pretty sure.
Yep.

Curtains Down is great fun, switching the fake WWI pistol with the real one in the dressing room of the actor. lol
I bought Blood Money on it's own! :p
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
FloppY_
­
CoH looks interesting.. I might get Gold and then maybe Tales of Valor if I like the others
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6239
The others are amazing, and don't get ToV.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State

FloppY_ wrote:

CoH looks interesting.. I might get Gold and then maybe Tales of Valor if I like the others
MoW made me think that the money I spent on CoH was wasted
FloppY_
­

Trotskygrad wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Because it was so much better or???

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

What's bad about it?

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-01-01 18:24:40)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6239
It's incredibly half assed and has about 1% of the content as the other 2.

But then I only play singleplayer. Maybe it is worth getting for multiplayer, I wouldn't know.
But yeah its pretty bad. Especially when they hilariously asked £30 for it.
FloppY_
­

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

It's incredibly half assed and has about 1% of the content as the other 2.

But then I only play singleplayer. Maybe it is worth getting for multiplayer, I wouldn't know.
But yeah its pretty bad. Especially when they hilariously asked £30 for it.
ok I'll avoid it then
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6515
Tales of Valor has the multiplayer content of all 3 games combined. It only has 2 or 3 campaign missions though.

Gold on its own is missing the new online game modes and a few units you only get with ToV, but has much more campaign content.

If you only get either CoH or Opposing Fronts on their own, you will have access to 2 out of 4 armies online.

Basically, if you only care about multiplayer, ToV is the game to get. If you want most of the multiplayer content, and the majority of the campaign content, get Gold.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
company of heroes was an amazing RTS, one of the best

but i think they really fucked up with the way they delivered and dealt with expansions and their content

especially for multiplayer

was just a big shitfuck
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

flight control hd may be the best steam game I've got. 

Picked up CoH a few days ago.  Forgot how detailed it is.  Having a lot of fun playing it.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State

FloppY_ wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Because it was so much better or???

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

What's bad about it?
as an answer to both questions, yeah I prefer MoW a lot more because the fact that infantry units can actually kill other infantry (or at least drop them to the point where they'll be killed easily) with 1 shot from a rifles makes it so much less frustrating. And MGs actually are able to cover an area, not just suppress infantry, if your men are proning in front of an MG, sure they'll survive longer, but they'll eventually die within 5 seconds or less if they don't get to cover. That way you have to use tanks or flanking tactics to kill MGs.

Grenades don't cost your an arbitrary amount of resource points (there's only 1 type of resource, MP, as it's not a base building RTS) , grenades are in every soldier's inventory and you can throw 2 with almost no delay. (however most soldiers are issued 2 at max, you have to scavenge more off dead enemies, which is risky in MP)

ToV has a bad (IMO) implementation of direct control of units, I prefer MoW's much better (MoW had direct control of all units from a 3rd person perspective)
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6409|Brisbane, Australia

Its worth noting that if you are planning on playing CoH online then you should play CoH:Online which is totally free and I assume is where most of the playerbase moved to.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
TravisC555
+118|6189|Cox Convention Center, OK

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

flight control hd may be the best steam game I've got.
Ya I got it before the Christmas Sale, the Give and Get Sale I think for half off, definitely worth the money I paid for it.
FloppY_
­

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Its worth noting that if you are planning on playing CoH online then you should play CoH:Online which is totally free and I assume is where most of the playerbase moved to.
Don't think I will play it online unless you can do comp-stomps

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard