FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6382|'Murka

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say it's either:

1. Another guy

2. Big-time personal problems she doesn't want to burden you with

Since you've been together for so long, I would unfortunately lean more toward the former. Reason being, after that long, she would be more apt to be open to sharing just about anything emotional with you, regardless of how hard it is for her.

To just break it off like that in such a cold manner speaks to the possibility of self-rationalization of behavior she's not proud of.

Regardless, you should press her to talk about it. You both need closure, at a minimum.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6750|Great Brown North

FEOS wrote:

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say it's either:

1. Another guy

To just break it off like that in such a cold manner speaks to the possibility of self-rationalization of behavior she's not proud of.
this is what i was thinking as well
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5970|Vortex Ring State

FEOS wrote:

Regardless, you should press her to talk about it. You both need closure, at a minimum.
This too
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

Runs_with_sciss0rs wrote:

She just ended it, that's it. She won't return my calls or texts or anything, so I don't even know why.
take a little time, to sit down, and write a letter.

the old fashioned kind, with an envelope and a stamp even.

don't text anymore, don't call, and for your own peace of mind don't try to see her. just send the letter.

if you don't hear from her after that, and you've given it a solid two weeks, send her a text that simply asks if she got your letter.
Runs_with_sciss0rs
Well butter my buscuit
+121|6163|14072
Ugh this fuckin hurts.

If it is another guy.. I've never suspected anything. I mean, we are always talking, we go to the same university, see each other on breaks.. She also lives on a couple miles down the road from me.
Runs_with_sciss0rs
Well butter my buscuit
+121|6163|14072

burnzz wrote:

She just ended it, that's it. She won't return my calls or texts or anything, so I don't even know why.
take a little time, to sit down, and write a letter.

the old fashioned kind, with an envelope and a stamp even.

don't text anymore, don't call, and for your own peace of mind don't try to see her. just send the letter.

if you don't hear from her after that, and you've given it a solid two weeks, send her a text that simply asks if she got your letter.
That sounds like a good idea. I've only texted her once asking her to give me a call. I've called her twice, yesterday, I haven't tried today though.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6162|Roma
If she has ended it properly after that, cut her out of your life completely.
Not even worth holding on.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Runs_with_sciss0rs
Well butter my buscuit
+121|6163|14072
Try doing that to a person you love
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6162|Roma
Try wasting 9 months of your life thinking you might get back together when there was no chance.

Last edited by PrivateVendetta (2010-10-13 21:19:54)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Runs_with_sciss0rs
Well butter my buscuit
+121|6163|14072
...I don't know where I said anything about trying to get back with her.. Sure I would love to, I'm just trying to talk to her at the moment to find out why.

Last edited by Runs_with_sciss0rs (2010-10-13 21:34:34)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5759|Catherine Black

Done it, it's the best thing really.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6750|Great Brown North

Finray wrote:

Done it, it's the best thing really.
indeed it is
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6382|'Murka

It's all about finding closure to something you've invested a significant portion of your life into. You really need to find a healthy way to do that. Perhaps she already has. Whether she has or not, you need to. If she isn't willing to be a part of that process, you need to be ready to find other ways to bring about closure on that part of your life. The time you would normally spend with her, spend on something else. Whether it be another girl (not recommended right now) or an activity, put energy into it. It will help take the focus away from her and the hole in your life/schedule that her absence has made.

Plus there's the whole "idle hands are the Devil's playthings" bit.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

FEOS wrote:

It's all about finding closure to something you've invested a significant portion of your life into. You really need to find a healthy way to do that. Perhaps she already has. Whether she has or not, you need to. If she isn't willing to be a part of that process, you need to be ready to find other ways to bring about closure on that part of your life. The time you would normally spend with her, spend on something else. Whether it be another girl (not recommended right now) or an activity, put energy into it. It will help take the focus away from her and the hole in your life/schedule that her absence has made.

Plus there's the whole "idle hands are the Devil's playthings" bit.
https://pretprieel.nl/pictures/futurama_robot_devil_violin.jpg
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

https://img34.imageshack.us/img34/6018/benderapplause.gif
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Home
Section.80
+447|6818|Seattle, Washington, USA

PrivateVendetta wrote:

If she has ended it properly after that, cut her out of your life completely.
Not even worth holding on.
I know it's hard to do, but he's right. I would try a bit to find out at least why she dumped you, but if continues to not even respond... Start trying to move on as soon as possible. The longer you dwell on her the longer it'll take you to move on to better things.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5759|Catherine Black
https://i.imgur.com/HeFKs.png

Hmm
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6642|UK
love is in the air
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
m3thod
+2,197|6642|UK
and finny is seeing green
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6592|London, England
Ah...yeah that sucks that's fuckin i'd be like fuckin fuck that
m3thod
+2,197|6642|UK
Yes, its sucks, but she's obviously moved on.  Do the same.

Cut the bitch out of your life.  sever every link.  she does not exist.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

m3thod wrote:

yeah, i thought you already did?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

Dude how fucking hard is it to hide her from your newsfeed on Facebook? You're such a moron, you'll never get over her if you keep stalking her.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6709|Toronto | Canada

m3thod wrote:

pretty much

ghettoperson wrote:

Dude how fucking hard is it to hide her from your newsfeed on Facebook? You're such a moron, you'll never get over her if you keep stalking her.
true story
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6727|Scotland

Stop being so unbelievably pathetic.

Shit like "I've been single too long.. contemplated taking my curry to eat on the toilet.." doesn't get you any thumbs up.

Grow a fucking pair, get out there and start flirting to fuck with random girls at pubs and clubs.

I hope, I really do, that that guys shags her so hard you hear it from your house. You need the sudden realisation that it's gone and you gotta fucking move on.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard