FloppY_
­
+1,010|6284|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Stingray24 wrote:

Where's the MOH section ... Starcraft has its own section after all.
Sections only for games that are not shit...

Oh wait, we have a COD section...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6467

FloppY_ wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

COD 1 and 2 called.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

I think it's mainly because this is the only MoH game being discussed? (Unless I missed a thread).
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

FloppY_ wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Why is floppy on this forum?

Oh wait, stupidity isn't against the rules.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6778|Great Brown North

Ilocano wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Well, for old folks like myself, I prefer BC2 to COD.  Not a fan of COD's twitch shooting.  And when my six year old can get the highest score on his MW2 team, that tells you the skill needed to play those kinds of games.
BC2 is just as twitchy and about 1000 times more buggy. It also has virtually no content.

Don't get me wrong, MW2 takes very little skill, but it's still a better game than BC2.
Just as twitchy?  Not even close.  On MW2, you could be running, face three enemies, do varies prone, jump, prone maneuvers and win the situation.  On BC2, you might take out one (hard to shoot right after running), and get killed by the other two.
good

the less people ignoring teamplay and playing like spastics the better
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6665

krazed wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Miggle wrote:

BC2 is just as twitchy and about 1000 times more buggy. It also has virtually no content.

Don't get me wrong, MW2 takes very little skill, but it's still a better game than BC2.
Just as twitchy?  Not even close.  On MW2, you could be running, face three enemies, do varies prone, jump, prone maneuvers and win the situation.  On BC2, you might take out one (hard to shoot right after running), and get killed by the other two.
good

Unless you are on the team that lacks teamplay...
FloppY_
­

Ilocano wrote:

krazed wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

good

Unless you are on the team that lacks teamplay...
First-Person-Lemmings is allways great lulz
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5748|شمال
Dl :d
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
FloppY_
­

Beduin wrote:

Dl :d
Dl ?
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6529

SP campaign was pretty dam good....I have to say I didn't expect the ending at all
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6689|Devon, England

farmerfez wrote:

SP campaign was pretty dam good....I have to say I didn't expect the ending at all
Really? It was alright, but nowhere near as gripping to me as MW1 and 2's story. I can tell it tried to throw you in there but you were literally thrown around to so many different people that the ending didn't shock me that much.

But it was damn good fun playing through it. Though 'Hard' wasn't too hard.

I also noticed a lack of guns to use. The M-14 was only available for 1-2 missions

Apache level was awesome, though (only until after I realised I had to press and hold 4 for Hellfire missiles).
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6342

FFLink wrote:

farmerfez wrote:

Really? It was alright, but nowhere near as gripping to me as MW1 and 2's story. I can tell it tried to throw you in there but you were literally thrown around to so many different people that the ending didn't shock me that much.
You realise that your reason for the campaign being not so good in MoH is the exact same thing that MW2 did and yet you think that "story" was gripping.

Are you kidding?
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6689|Devon, England
Are you referring to the point of playing as like 5-6 different people throughout?

Cos in MW2 it was 2 or 3 different guys. Also, that wasn't the only reason. MW2 just made you feel a lot more like you were involved. For example, Spoiler (highlight to read):
At the end where you got stabbed and had to pull the knife out, I was going crazy trying to do it as fast as I could really wanting to stab that general in the face. Also when Ghost died and you both got set on fire, I was literally gob-smacked.

In MoH, nothing shocked me like that.

Maybe it's just me.

It's also worth noting that MoH:AA > the old CoD games.
FloppY_
­

FFLink wrote:

Are you referring to the point of playing as like 5-6 different people throughout?

Cos in MW2 it was 2 or 3 different guys. Also, that wasn't the only reason. MW2 just made you feel a lot more like you were involved. For example, Spoiler (highlight to read):
At the end where you got stabbed and had to pull the knife out, I was going crazy trying to do it as fast as I could really wanting to stab that general in the face. Also when Ghost died and you both got set on fire, I was literally gob-smacked.

Maybe it's just me.

I prefer COD1 over MOHAA
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6342

FFLink wrote:

Maybe it's just me.

Yeah, that was my point. It sounded like it was the main turndown for you, made me wonder cause it was done similar in MW2 (which I thought was plain shitcakes).
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6567|Mountains of NC

finally played it last nite ............. 5 hours later and 4 am is creeping up on me, I had to turn it off

I think SP is fun, little over the top then I would expect .... I didn't like that I see the same flavor as I have seen in the older medal of honor games .... you know the whole blowign up AA guns in such
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5997|Vortex Ring State

SEREMAKER wrote:

finally played it last nite ............. 5 hours later and 4 am is creeping up on me, I had to turn it off

I think SP is fun, little over the top then I would expect .... I didn't like that I see the same flavor as I have seen in the older medal of honor games .... you know the whole blowign up AA guns in such
well see, it feels like you're trying to accomplish something more than just kill people, blowing shit up gives a greater sense of purpose. Although admittedly the execution could be better. Something like "secure the technician as he defuses the bomb"

(Hell, even CoD2 has you shove thermite down the barrels of the arty guns)
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5235|Cleveland, Ohio
i was wrong...this game aint too bad (multiplayer,ps3)
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6665

11 Bravo wrote:

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6268
I thought the MW2 campaign was one of the worst games i've played in many years. I'm not just saying that, it was that bad. The story was pathetic, the gameplay was incredibly dull. Overall it was constantly trying too hard to be cool and one-upping CoD4 so much that it ended up being a tedious ridiculous mess.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2010-10-14 14:13:17)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6567|Mountains of NC

beat it last nite ..... the ending with everything that they wrote was awsm +1 to them on that ..... ( unless they tossed it in when they had all the trouble about having the name taliben in the game )

now the multi ..... be it I only went through 3 different maps but it felt like I was rat caught in a maze ... there was no openness that I was expecting from DICE .... but I'm not liking the multi - there must be some amazing snipers on 360 bc it was literally littered with headshots anywhere you went or spawned
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5997|Vortex Ring State

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I thought the MW2 campaign was one of the worst games i've played in many years. I'm not just saying that, it was that bad. The story was pathetic, the gameplay was incredibly dull. Overall it was constantly trying too hard to be cool and one-upping CoD4 so much that it ended up being a tedious ridiculous mess.
indeed
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5235|Cleveland, Ohio

Ilocano wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

ya i know the beta was absolute poop but this is a good product imo
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6658|The darkside of Denver

11 Bravo wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

ya i know the beta was absolute poop but this is a good product imo
It probably is.  But gamers do nothing but hate on everything now-a-days.

I plan on purchasing it for the PC here when i catch up on meh bills.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6665

SEREMAKER wrote:

beat it last nite ..... the ending with everything that they wrote was awsm +1 to them on that ..... ( unless they tossed it in when they had all the trouble about having the name taliben in the game )

now the multi ..... be it I only went through 3 different maps but it felt like I was rat caught in a maze ... there was no openness that I was expecting from DICE .... but I'm not liking the multi - there must be some amazing snipers on 360 bc it was literally littered with headshots anywhere you went or spawned
The maps are relatively small compared to BC2.  No bullet drop.  The only scope that sways are the long scopes for the bolt-actions.  And once you've got the ACOG for the M21/SVD, you'll be pulling headshots left and right.

I just unlocked the ACOG for the Assault class, so we'll see how that performs.  The super-zoom scope for the m24/sv98 will be interesting once I get that.

The lack of killcam is both great and irritating.  Getting killed again and again by the same guy and not knowing where he can be frustrating at times. 

And on Team Assault, since the maps are small, on certain maps, you can literary spawn camp from your own spawn point.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard