Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5785|Catherine Black
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6564|NYC / Hamburg

Hehe. This tit-for-tat between MS and Apple is starting to get a bit pathetic. Advertise your strengths and STFU about the competition.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6840|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I hate how people use the term PC.

Most people seem to think that PC = A computer with a Windows operating system.

When in reality, a PC is any personal computer with any operating system, Macs are all PCs for fucks sake.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5234|Cleveland, Ohio
PC owns MAC
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6624|UK

Sydney wrote:

When in reality, a PC is any personal computer with any operating system, Macs are all PCs for fucks sake.
Same, lol. I always think that whenever I hear people "compare" a "PC" to a Mac.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6494

11 Bravo wrote:

PC owns MAC
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6564|NYC / Hamburg

@ sydney: True enough

Last edited by max (2010-08-15 16:47:05)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6388|Southern California

Sydney wrote:

Your just a nerd.

Ever called a car's wheels its rims?  This is wrong, the rim is only part of the wheel...
Ever grabbed a Kleenex? Was it actually that brand, or were you using facial tissue?
Ever xeroxed something? Or did you just make a photo copy?

The point is you likely use a dozen or so words wrong. Everyone still gets the point and that is all that matters.

Words mean what ever the hell society tells them they do. Complaining about the origin of the word vs its popular use is trivial...
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6840|Reykjavík, Iceland.

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Sydney wrote:

Your just a nerd.

Ever called a car's wheels its rims?  This is wrong, the rim is only part of the wheel...
Ever grabbed a Kleenex? Was it actually that brand, or were you using facial tissue?

The point is you likely use a dozen or so words wrong. Everyone still gets the point and that is all that matters.

Words mean what ever the hell society tells them they do. Complaining about the origin of the word vs its popular use is trivial...
1. Never, I know the distinction between rims, wheels and tires.
2. I don't think I've ever seen Kleenex outside the internet/TV, much less said that word.
3. Never, but that's probably language related.

However, you may be right, I am a nerd, and I hate when people use terms that are incorrect just because it's the accepted norm.
11 Bravo
Banned
MAC versus PC
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6578|SE London

VicktorVauhn wrote:

These two would only really apply in the US. Outside the US:

No one calls tissues Kleenex - they're just tissues.
No one uses the word Xerox - it's photocopying.

Also - you can get Blu Ray for Macs, so they aren't making the best point.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2010-08-15 17:07:11)

GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6411|Finland

Yeah some people keep forgetting there is world outside of the US....

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2010-08-15 17:07:28)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6494

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

. . . and some people aren't. i like what a Mac can do, if the right software is installed. PC owns Macintosh, for sheer numbers of software titles. and yes, i'm aware that i called a windows based, x86/x64 machine a PC. deal with it.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6703|67.222.138.85
always ready, willing, and—most importantly—able to get down to business.

that's what she said
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6587|Reisterstown, MD

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

There is?...
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

MS does better to just stoically shrug off Apple's juvenile attacks.
11 Bravo
Banned

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

some people dont care
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6467
the fact that now for the first time PC are introducing little things like this to their 'consumer information' sites is VERY telling . . .
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6149|what

The next step in this stupid evolution of Mac vs Pc is going to be Mac vs Pc vs Consoles.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5747|شمال

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Ever xeroxed something?
erm.. no
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6718|Sydney, Australia
This website has to be taking the piss..
Benzin
+576|5995

Sydney wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Sydney wrote:

Your just a nerd.

1. Never, I know the distinction between rims, wheels and tires.
2. I don't think I've ever seen Kleenex outside the internet/TV, much less said that word.
3. Never, but that's probably language related.

However, you may be right, I am a nerd, and I hate when people use terms that are incorrect just because it's the accepted norm.
I'm with Sydney on this one... Not even when I was in the US did I do any of the stuff listed there.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6687|Devon, England

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Agreed.

This is just embarrassing and so unnecessary.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6587|Reisterstown, MD

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Seems a lot like the whole Verizon 3G vs AT&T 3G.  It's funny at first but then after awhile, it's like watching two old people fight over a moldy piece of bread...
mikkel
+383|6598
Whoever at Microsoft decided that it would be a great idea to have large swathes of their website written in a disgusting ClearType font ought to be shot along with those other retards who decided that half of the commonly visible user interface in Windows 7 should suffer the same sub-pixel atrocities whilst being unaffected by theme changes.

THIS IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE WEB FONT YOU BLITHERING IDIOTS.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard