bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6310

They need to go back to the +2 for kills, +1 for med/ammo, etc.

This 50pts per kill is bullshit in BC2. I suppose it's somewhat relative but the low scoring system and high requirements for awards/medals is what kept BF2 alive for a lot of non-competitive players.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

I liked BF2's scoring system. You got all the gear available relatively early, and the rest was just for show. Plus the awards look better than BC2's (ugh).
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6364|California
watch it not have vehicles to "optimize gameplay"
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6268
You get keys with the Xbox and PS3 versions as well?

And so all hope of BF3 being a proper PC Battlefield game dies.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2010-08-01 03:54:40)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

Watch it force you to unlock basic medic gear for the medic class and issue you with an LMG instead.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6735|Oxferd Ohire

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

face it ladies
you are going to buy it and enjoy it
but i wont be able to run it );
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

Watch them put in the ability to lean and have the game be totally unbalanced because of it.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6712|Purplicious Wisconsin

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

Watch it force you to unlock basic medic gear for the medic class and issue you with an LMG instead.
Well, we don't know what it'll be like. Most likely shit but probably a different class system than BC2.

If they finally give the Assault class the rocket launcher(was so happy that they did that for 1943), I will be happy. I'm sure there are ways you can balance such things.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6478|Somewhere else

I think BC2 is a pretty solid game really.

EA does some dumb shit, but they are not straight idiots.   They know that BF3 is no spin off ala BC1 & 2, 2142, Vietnam (which was a great game) Heroes, 43, etc.
I am sure they are aware of what people want, and what is expected of this game.

they've hinted around about BF3 for a long time, and Its safe to say they have likely been working on it all this time.

It would be simply astonishing if they didn't have the basics.  Large maps, muuuuultiple player slots, and awards.

Im excited tbh. 

Still, this is the same company that made C&C4.   I have a bit of doubt, but taking what was good with BF2, some of the great elements of BC2, the mistakes of 1943 and Heroes,  well.... there's a damn good wealth of what TO DO right there.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5748|شمال

RoosterCantrell wrote:

I think BC2 is a pretty solid game really.

EA does some dumb shit, but they are not straight idiots.   They know that BF3 is no spin off ala BC1 & 2, 2142, Vietnam (which was a great game) Heroes, 43, etc.
I am sure they are aware of what people want, and what is expected of this game.

they've hinted around about BF3 for a long time, and Its safe to say they have likely been working on it all this time.

It would be simply astonishing if they didn't have the basics.  Large maps, muuuuultiple player slots, and awards.

Im excited tbh. 

Still, this is the same company that made C&C4.   I have a bit of doubt, but taking what was good with BF2, some of the great elements of BC2, the mistakes of 1943 and Heroes,  well.... there's a damn good wealth of what TO DO right there.
Fuck YEAH
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6665

EA's Gun Club will probably give out Beta Keys for BF3 anyways...
thepilot91
+64|6234|Åland!
why make it the same game when they can do like they did with bf2 , make a replica , REPLICA not a convert for the consoles : BF2 MC for ps2 xbox360 and maybe wee don't remember : wich anyhow was a huge sucess

https://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/battlefield_5F00_bad_5F00_company/modern_5F00_combat_5F00_xbox.jpg

Last edited by thepilot91 (2010-08-03 09:32:46)

FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6689|Devon, England
I was hoping for this, to be honest.

That game was quite different to the PC version, but looking at how stuff has gone lately with PC and console games, I don't reckon the same thing will happen
War Man

FFLink wrote:

That game was quite different to the PC version, but looking at how stuff has gone lately with PC and console games, I don't reckon the same thing will happen
Yet they still make alternate versions of games like for the wii and ps2, why can't they do the same for PC, seriously?
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6322|Graz, Austria
Crap! Multiplatform BF3.

The only real hope is that we all get so used to shitty console ports until BF3 is released, that we will suddenly think BF3 is awesome.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6563|Area 51

globefish23 wrote:

Crap! Multiplatform BF3.

The only real hope is that we all get so used to shitty console ports until BF3 is released, that we will suddenly think BF3 is awesome.
Wouldn't count on that happening any time soon.
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.
Even if a company filled the niche that is exclusively pc arcade style fps they'd just sell out once their investors and managment realised they can make a lot more by making a multi platform fps. It's just business.

What you want to hope for is the son of a billionaire that has sampled bf2/css/etc and wishes to bring that back, regardless of profit margins.
thepilot91
+64|6234|Åland!

jord wrote:

Even if a company filled the niche that is exclusively pc arcade style fps they'd just sell out once their investors and managment realised they can make a lot more by making a multi platform fps. It's just business.

What you want to hope for is the son of a billionaire that has sampled bf2/css/etc and wishes to bring that back, regardless of profit margins.
bf2 is multiplatform it's just converted to console so that they can sell ,more to each with happy players on BOTH ...fack I hate that noone but me even wishes that EA/dice'd do so ....again
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.

thepilot91 wrote:

jord wrote:

bf2 is multiplatform it's just converted to console so that they can sell ,more to each with happy players on BOTH ...fack I hate that noone but me even wishes that EA/dice'd do so ....again
bf2 modern combat was not bf2. It was awful. It was entirely differant infact. I rented it for like 2 days and hated it.

I think if you got a certain amount of kills you got like a rapid fire bonus and your heli would let loose hundreds of missles in a speed equal to that of a minigun. It really was a poor do.
thepilot91
+64|6234|Åland!

jord wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

jord wrote:

bf2 modern combat was not bf2. It was awful. It was entirely differant infact. I rented it for like 2 days and hated it.

I think if you got a certain amount of kills you got like a rapid fire bonus and your heli would let loose hundreds of missles in a speed equal to that of a minigun. It really was a poor do.
lot of people begged the differ , me too because I played bf2 ....on PC single platform and thank god for that
Hurlin
+5|6773|Australia

War Man wrote:

FFLink wrote:

Yet they still make alternate versions of games like for the wii and ps2, why can't they do the same for PC, seriously?
I lived with someone who worked for a gaming company coding and Xbox and WII games took half the amount of time thus money to code compared to the PS3 and PC.

Its all about the mighty dollar not happy gamers ....... look at what they did to CoD MW2
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

I still gotta register for all that.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6340|Atlanta, Georgia
I want
War Man

NeXuS wrote:

I want
For console or PC?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

Be sure and let us know if buying that piece of shit Medal of Honor was worth it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard