iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6555
https://img441.imageshack.us/img441/259/1steverpolycountpack.png

Valve wrote:

After our usual delay, we're proud to announce we've finished the utterly impossible task of selecting the winners of the Polycount Contest. These five lucky individuals will soon receive the unbridled adoration of the TF2 community when we release their packs in an update. Unluckily for them, we're also going to attach gameplay attributes (probably of a game destroying nature) to these items, sullying their perfect work with our clumsy attempts at game design.

Polycount wrote:

Narrowing it down to 5 sets for you to eventually unlock in Team Fortress 2 (the release date is unknown but coming in the close future) the winners of the first ever Polycount Pack are, in no particular order:
https://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9382/tankbuster.jpg

https://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7586/specialdeliveryi.jpg

https://img5.imageshack.us/img5/3858/saharanspy.jpg

https://img718.imageshack.us/img718/303/gasman.jpg

https://img38.imageshack.us/img38/2276/crocostyle.jpg

Source: http://www.polycount.com/2010/07/15/the … ck-winners

Last edited by iNeedUrFace4Soup (2010-07-16 14:29:54)

https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6165|Vancouver | Canada
Rocket launcher looks pretty awesome.

Any idea when we'll see the stats?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6477
Glad for the Soldier and Sniper.

Especially for the Spy, that one was by far my favorite.

Pyro is somewhat underwhelming, but it was still the best Pyro entry.

How that Scout one won is beyond me, there were tons better scout packs.

Also I saw some really good packs for Heavy, Demo and Medic. Why nothing for those guys?
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6555

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Also I saw some really good packs for Heavy, Demo and Medic. Why nothing for those guys?

Polycount wrote:

Out of the 70 or so entries that Valve received, Robin tells me that nearly half of the entries are of a high enough quality to be shipped in future updates without much work needed on Valve side. So, if you did not win this time around you can be confident that your items will one day find there way in to Team Fortress 2.
Just for the sake of spacing them out I guess.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479
do we need this stuff?

realllllllllllllllllly?

i'd be happy for them to be released as optional skin-packs for those that want to add variation to their in-game decorations and gimmicks.

but YET MORE weapons and BONUS abilities after all the official class-pack updates?

could pub-play get any more jam-packed with pointless complexity and yet more impossible-to-balance content?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6279
No we don't need it. And in fact I do NOT want more spy and sniper weapons in the game.

However I'm all for more soldier, demoman, medic and scout weapons. Especially medic. Simply because using new weapons is fun.
Brasso
+1,549|6639

wait, these have additional abilities?  i thought they were just skins...fuck
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
dill13
+67|6202

Brasso wrote:

The pyro ones are just skins new hat but the rest are new weapons although im not sure how the spys knife could be different
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6333|New Haven, CT
so stupid, really. i don't understand why valve feels the need to keep ruining the, especially with terrible and markedly inferior community content. i haven't played a community made "official" map that I've enjoyed, and each of the community melee add ins clash with the feel of the game (and, more importantly, are either useless or ridiculously overpowered such as homewrecker and shiv).
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

nukchebi0 wrote:

so stupid, really. i don't understand why valve feels the need to keep ruining the, especially with terrible and markedly inferior community content. i haven't played a community made "official" map that I've enjoyed, and each of the community melee add ins clash with the feel of the game (and, more importantly, are either useless or ridiculously overpowered such as homewrecker and shiv).
Rofl.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6279

Brasso wrote:

Yes they're all going to be new weapons. I posted a quote in the engineer update thread on the last page where one of the valve developers mentions having to design and code them all.

I'm looking forward to the results personally. They probably had a lot of leftover ideas from the class updates after all.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6295|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
I just hope Valve takes the time to actually finish the community content...

The current ones don't even have taunt animations and killicons are community created because valve are too lazy to do them x_x
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6333|New Haven, CT

DefCon-17 wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Rofl.
why rofl? shits all true bro
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6295|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

nukchebi0 wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Rofl.
Homewrecker and shiv are balanced so much they are near-weaker than their counterparts...

shiv has only 50% the damage of the kukri
homewrecker does 25% less to players (but holy shit they added remove sappers!!!!!!!!!!!!! just noticed)
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6662
ctf_turbine
cp_freight
cp_coldfront
cp_steel
crit-a-cola
pain train
Scotsman's skullcutter
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6333|New Haven, CT
Both of them are unnecessary anti-spy weapons, and the bleed mechanic in general was an unnecessary addition to the game that in its current implementation is much worse for a spy than any other class hit by it.

Lucien, you should explain that list.
Brasso
+1,549|6639

nukchebi0 wrote:

Both of them are unnecessary anti-spy weapons, and the bleed mechanic in general was an unnecessary addition to the game that in its current implementation is much worse for a spy than any other class hit by it.

Lucien, you should explain that list.
cloak of shadows!

oh wait...that doesn't remove bleeds either
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5518|America
They could just stop adding shit and just focus on making cool new maps.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

nukchebi0 wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Rofl.
Good community maps:
ctf_mach4
cp_coldfront
cp_yukon
cp_freight
cp_gullywash
cp_follower

I'm sure I missed some.

Explain how the Homewrecker and Shiv are overpowered?
The Shiv used to do more damage in the end if you added all the bleeding damage, making it an a little of an upgrade if there are no medpacks in the area (or if you can grab them first), but now that they nerfed it, I'm pretty sure it does less damage than the Kukri, even combining the initial and bleeding damage.
As for the homewrecker.... Who even uses that? It's funny to annoy the shit out of Spies sometimes, but that's about it.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6477
Shiv had been OP, but now it's just garbage.

Homewrecker is good if you're going to be a dedicated spy-checker, but otherwise only useful for an excuse to play "U Can't Touch Dis" over HLSS.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6333|New Haven, CT
What about pl_hoodoo, cp_egypt and so on? The former is honestly the worst sanctioned TF2 map I've ever played.

The Shiv is UP against everything but spies, which it is obviously designed to counter considering the bleed effect reveals a spy throughout the duration of a Dead Ringer cloak (with the overly visible bleeding), most of an IW cloak (through flickering) and through all of a fleeing CnD spies cloak (while flickering, resulting in an instantaneous death sentence. Homewrecker sucks against other classes, and obviously its not very used against buildings even though that is a strength, but it's again OP against spy. Basically, the Shiv, Homewrecker (and now the Southern Hospitality, as well as the sophomoric travesty of a Valve developed unlock they call Jarate) the give classes imbalanced means of countering the spy. When I start avoiding snipers I know are using Jarate or the shiv, because they will kill me if I make a little mistake, its kind of clear that Valve messed up the relation between the two classes.

Basically, since none of you play spy that much, you don't understand how much of a nerf the above unlocks are for the spy, even if it wasn't a direct weakening of the class by Valve.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479
basically, none of us are pub-noob enough to play spy or give a shit about how 'balanced' it is for the game.

it's hardly surprising with all of these gimmick-driven items and 'additions' that small, trivial classes like spy/engi lose out.

play a real class... l2p... etc.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
That's like saying the Razorback is overpowered.

Spy players are generally faggots anyways. Look at ESG and E2 (squared).

"HOLY SHIT I JUST STAIRSTABBED SOMEONE. SO LEET."
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6279
I hate spies with a passion.

I really don't care about weapons that are 'unfair' towards them, because there is nothing more 'unfair' than being killed instantly by an invisible man while you were busy fighting somebody else.

Nothing is more frustrating in the game than getting killed by a Spy. At least when you're killed by a distant Sniper you know he had to aim at you, and when you're killed by a random crit you know that they're just something everyone has to live with. But the Spy doesn't need to use any effort whatsoever to end your winning streak. Just uncloak behind you and stab. And they're even really annoying when you don't kill them due to the existence of the Dead Ringer and the extremely obvious ways every Spy uses it. You know they're right next to you and you literally can't kill them. Even if you follow one when he uncloaks he just grabs an ammo box and presses his invincibility button again.

I went Dead Ringer Spy last week for one round and it was laughably overpowered. Nobody could kill me and everyone was trying.

Urgh. Therefore I love the Southern Hospitality.

On another note, why are you even being hit by these weapons in the first place? Back when people used to complain about crit wrenches killing the Spy, the main thing you should be remembering is that if you're in a situation where you're in direct combat with somebody, you've already lost and are playing Spy wrong. He can turn completely invisible and kill anything in a single hit. If you're being hit by the Shiv you've already lost because he's alive and knows you're there.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2010-07-18 15:12:08)

Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6477
Spy is fine.

But fuck Sniper and fuck is fucking rifle.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard