-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5466|Ventura, California
Well we all know the story; some guys leave IW and created their own independent gaming company.

What does everybody here expect from them? They are looking into funding from EA.

I hope they put a stop to this quantity > quality nonsense and start making some quality games that might not make big bucks but would be a matter of pride or something. Imagine something as huge as Call of Duty 4 was but made only for PCs and is a PC port onto consoles or something. It's a big dream of mine but I doubt they'll do it.

What's the latest from them, what do you expect and what do you hope for?
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6652|The darkside of Denver
Im sick of modern combat already.  I know it gives you brainwashed little shit wipes a hard on, but damn... shits getting old.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Make it WW2 and everyone grips about that. Just save yourself some cash and skip the time periods you're sick of.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6461
WW2 is more interesting that modern.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I think there should be some more games about conflicts which aren't covered. How about a Korean war amphibious landing at Inchon? Or maybe some trench warfare from WW1. That trench warfare has potential, like good old bolt action rifles and some bayonet action. It could be a massive CQB fest that would rock.

Vietnam hasn't really been done too much and it has potential but I hate the weapons and gear they had back then. What we need is a truly good World War 2 game with amazing graphics and awesome gameplay in the Pacific. Or maybe some other aspects of WW2 like the British in the early stages of WW2 in the Pacific.

What direction should they take?

I'm thinking they could do cheap and anybody can pick it up and play, not much to progress at, AKA MW2. Or they could make it really tough and gritty, like a really intense fire fight with one shot kill to the chest, head, neck and hitting limbs makes you aim bad or limp.
Kez
+778|5696|London, UK

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

WW2 is more interesting that modern.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Vietnam's a good option, but I don't think developers particularly feel like leaving their comfort zone and trying on Korea or WW1 on for size.
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6523

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Well we all know the story; some guys leave IW and created their own independent gaming company.

What does everybody here expect from them? They are looking into funding from EA.

I hope they put a stop to this quantity > quality nonsense and start making some quality games that might not make big bucks but would be a matter of pride or something. Imagine something as huge as Call of Duty 4 was but made only for PCs and is a PC port onto consoles or something. It's a big dream of mine but I doubt they'll do it.

What's the latest from them, what do you expect and what do you hope for?
no one cares about pride, just bottom lines which is why quantity will always trump quality in terms of business  and profits.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6772|Great Brown North

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I think there should be some more games about conflicts which aren't covered. How about a Korean war amphibious landing at Inchon? Or maybe some trench warfare from WW1. That trench warfare has potential, like good old bolt action rifles and some bayonet action. It could be a massive CQB fest that would rock.

Vietnam hasn't really been done too much and it has potential but I hate the weapons and gear they had back then.
i agree with everything you just said

-Sh1fty- wrote:

What we need is a truly good World War 2 game with amazing graphics and awesome gameplay in the Pacific. Or maybe some other aspects of WW2 like the British in the early stages of WW2 in the Pacific.
you're only saying this so you can jerk off over the marines the whole time and you know it lol

i want to fight nazis in forests, and hedgerows in , and in cities, and on snowy fields.... even the japanese too, and russians, and italians in the hills of italy! operation husky motherfucker! Liri Valley, gothic line, ortona! fuck sakes developers

-Sh1fty- wrote:

What direction should they take?

I'm thinking they could do cheap and anybody can pick it up and play, not much to progress at, AKA MW2.
this is most likely

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Or they could make it really tough and gritty, like a really intense fire fight with one shot kill to the chest, head, neck and hitting limbs makes you aim bad or limp.
it's called hardcore mode in WaW, except for that last bit... which would be interesting, but probably lame

they had that type of game in red orchestra but the engine for it blew ass 6 ways from sunday

Last edited by krazed (2010-07-09 15:36:57)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Vietnam's a good option, but I don't think developers particularly feel like leaving their comfort zone and trying on Korea or WW1 on for size.
WW1, Korea, and Vietnam aren't wars that could be simplified as easy as 'Nazis are evil and want to take over the world, kill them'.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Actually Krazed, I didn't think about the Marines when posting that. Now that you mention it though I can imagine myself in an awesome ridge opposing another ridge massive suppressive fire and flanking battle. Then some Corsairs flying overhead come in with their .50 cals blowing my bass out of this world then as they pull up they fire off a couple rockets and my bass gets blown out of this universe. All this with an awesome graphics engine.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6493|so randum

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Actually Krazed, I didn't think about the Marines when posting that. Now that you mention it though I can imagine myself in an awesome ridge opposing another ridge massive suppressive fire and flanking battle. Then some Corsairs flying overhead come in with their .50 cals blowing my bass out of this world then as they pull up they fire off a couple rockets and my bass gets blown out of this universe. All this with an awesome graphics engine.
thats literally a wet dream for you isnt it?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6461

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Korea is to similar to WW2 though. The Americans were using M1's and M3 SMGs, while the Chinese were using K98s and MP40s.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

FatherTed wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

thats literally a wet dream for you isnt it?
In a computer game, yes.

Imagine a really good recoil system that has 3 possible outcomes, that randomize going up, up-left and up-right so you can't move the mouse down "a la" MW2 and be uber accurate. Then...oh damn...you know I can't just write this whole game idea in here as it would be a freaking novel. I bet I could lead some programmers and make the best game
firebolt5
+114|6148

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Sounds like Project Reality, without the Corsairs of course.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6149|Vancouver | Canada
WW2 games bore me to tears.

Except for BoB maybe..

They should make like a series of games focusing on different military/police groups. Like one game about the SAS, one about SEALs, etc..
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Imagine a really good recoil system that has 3 possible outcomes, that randomize going up, up-left and up-right so you can't move the mouse down "a la" MW2 and be uber accurate. Then...oh damn...you know I can't just write this whole game idea in here as it would be a freaking novel. I bet I could lead some programmers and make the best game
recoil isn't random, GTFO
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6538
How about a bunch of cavemen throwing rocks at each other. That would be the shit.

Capture the cavewomen mode. You have to drag her around by the hair. I would buy that.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

krazed wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

So you're telling me the human body will hold the rifle 100% steady and always in the EXACT same angle each time he takes a shot? Dude recoil is generally the same plus a little bit to a side.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6149|Vancouver | Canada
There is no recoil in MW2.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6490

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

How about a bunch of cavemen throwing rocks at each other. That would be the shit.

Capture the cavewomen mode. You have to drag her around by the hair. I would buy that.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6456|cuntshitlake

i think they said they'll only make console exclusives.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6463

-Sh1fty- wrote:

krazed wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

So you're telling me the human body will hold the rifle 100% steady and always in the EXACT same angle each time he takes a shot? Dude recoil is generally the same plus a little bit to a side.
ever fired an automatic rifle?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Uzique wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

krazed wrote:

ever fired an automatic rifle?
Yes

I was thinking of somebody along a trench on the ridge with their Garand and popping shots here and there.

Oh it's Uzique...

Go get a haircut and piss off from bf2s
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Imagine a really good recoil system that has 3 possible outcomes, that randomize going up, up-left and up-right

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Dude recoil is generally the same plus a little bit to a side.
this was my point, your rifle isnt going to randomly jerk in a different direction after each shot, unless you're retarded and can't hold it properly

take my SKS for example... it goes up and to the left slightly, while my NO.1 MkIII enfield goes up and to the right slightly

different guns recoil in different ways, it is NOT random and a good recoil system will NOT have it random.   although i agree with you in that games need to stop with the 1 inch recoil on full auto..... and it's straight up

i would buy that caveman game launch day tbh

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard