lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

11 Bravo wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

So why not respond with something intelligent instead of insults?
ahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahaahahahahahhaahahahaaahahahaha  holy fuck wtf
yeah, I was thinking that as well.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85

lowing wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

The "job" of course being a volunteer position. I am not being paid to keep the community from going to shit. The only benefit I get out of it is the same benefit you do - BF2S not being a cesspool. You need to understand that it is the collective effort that makes or breaks the forum. BF2S has weathered many shit mods that have been removed from their positions.

If you have the ability to recognize right from wrong you are morally obligated to do something about the circumstance you find yourself in, or at least to recognize you permit it by inaction. Take responsibility for your ability, because the bitter truth is a lot of people lack the ability and the responsibility.
That's the crux of it right there. I sure as hell couldn't be arsed putting up with all the shit the mods must put up with.
We may not agree with them all from time to time, but personally I'm thankful for the time they take to to manage the forums.
I think some people take it all for granted a lot of the time.
Ironic coming form one of the worst posters in this forum...Don't look now, but you are part of the problem.
See lowing, this is not acceptable. This is not following the rules. As well as both you and Dilbert earlier. You are not an angel that never does anything wrong.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio
dont BS him FM.  its acceptable until the issue is fixed.  you excluded we see no change in mod direction, therefore whats the point?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

lowing wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

That's the crux of it right there. I sure as hell couldn't be arsed putting up with all the shit the mods must put up with.
We may not agree with them all from time to time, but personally I'm thankful for the time they take to to manage the forums.
I think some people take it all for granted a lot of the time.
Ironic coming form one of the worst posters in this forum...Don't look now, but you are part of the problem.
See lowing, this is not acceptable. This is not following the rules. As well as both you and Dilbert earlier. You are not an angel that never does anything wrong.
Never said I was innocent all of the time, but there is a difference between losing your cool now and again, as opposed to entering a thread for no other reason than to cast insults, belittlement's, and superiority constantly. IF you can not see the difference between our posts well, you do not have the pulse of this forum.

if you feel the need to ban me, go ahead and make it for good. Better than censorship and biased moderating.

Last edited by lowing (2010-07-08 09:48:29)

Flaming_Maniac
You will note I did not delete anything. I did not send any warnings. The point in his specific case was earlier he was saying he does his part and follows the rules, but the mods are biased against him. Looking at the above he is obviously not the sacrificial virgin in white.

The general point is nearly all the behavior we need to be working against has been exhibited on this thread, and a quite a bit of it by people that say they want to see change. The very first step is an attempt to change your personal posting style for the better, and to refrain from escalating ANYTHING. This includes myself.

Case in point: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=138823

It was a shit thread and I'm not backing down from that, but I should have either closed it, talked to the OP in private, or left it alone instead of escalating.
11 Bravo
Banned
wrong.  the first step is for you guys to get out the vacuum cleaner.
Flaming_Maniac
careful what you wish for
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

You will note I did not delete anything. I did not send any warnings. The point in his specific case was earlier he was saying he does his part and follows the rules, but the mods are biased against him. Looking at the above he is obviously not the sacrificial virgin in white.

The general point is nearly all the behavior we need to be working against has been exhibited on this thread, and a quite a bit of it by people that say they want to see change. The very first step is an attempt to change your personal posting style for the better, and to refrain from escalating ANYTHING. This includes myself.

Case in point: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=138823

It was a shit thread and I'm not backing down from that, but I should have either closed it, talked to the OP in private, or left it alone instead of escalating.
I said nothing that was not true, Jaekus and his trolling is a problem in this forum, time you recognize that.
11 Bravo
Banned

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

idc what it means.....do it ffs.  and if youre the only mod going to do it...then well whats the point?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

FM, if you feel the need, knock yourself out. I have no intention of changing my opinions or my posts to accommodate a mod community that refuses to do their jobs unbiased, for the vast majority of my posts are respectful to other members, even those that attack and insult. Again if you do not see that, then I can't help you.

Last edited by lowing (2010-07-08 09:56:19)

11 Bravo
Banned
oh and btw you think lowing gone would make a difference?  he was gone for a while, so was i.....section still sucked.  therefore, your conclusions are wrong.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA
want more evidence, I do not even go to the other sections, and they are still filled with everything wrong in this forum,( including whole conversations dedicated to lowing bashing left unchecked) with the same people overflowing between DST and Everytrhing Else, so you tell me, where does the problem lie?

Last edited by lowing (2010-07-08 10:12:07)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Make me a mod, I'll set things straight.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

lowing wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

lowing wrote:

As I said, I do my part, I follow the established rules. It is your job ( not mine) to make sure everyone else does the same thing.
The "job" of course being a volunteer position. I am not being paid to keep the community from going to shit. The only benefit I get out of it is the same benefit you do - BF2S not being a cesspool. You need to understand that it is the collective effort that makes or breaks the forum. BF2S has weathered many shit mods that have been removed from their positions.

If you have the ability to recognize right from wrong you are morally obligated to do something about the circumstance you find yourself in, or at least to recognize you permit it by inaction. Take responsibility for your ability, because the bitter truth is a lot of people lack the ability and the responsibility.
It is a collective effort, and I do my part. Modding does not mean recognizing right form wrong and taking action. Your job is to make sure everyone follows the established rules regardless of personal opinion of the post or the poster. That should not be hard to do.
Lowing - in this thread earlier it was derailed by you and others debating the merits of Islam and the sources you were using to back up your claims.  I kindly told the thread (not you in particular) to stop with the derail and get back on track.  You ignored my request and kept on posting.  I then took action and you bitched and moaned about censorship.  You didn't do your part, in fact you went the complete opposite direction and rambled on about how mods are biased and censoring your opinions.  If you notice I deleted nothing from your tit-for-tat arguments in the "mosque built at ground zero" thread.  A kindly reminder to stay on track - which you ignored - should be enough for grown adults to refocus the debate/topic/discussion and you should be able to understand the difference between 'censoring' you and trying to clean up a thread and refocus it.  Not that hard to understand or follow IMO.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
haha methinks lowing forgets what topic he's posting in half the time with his blind neo-con invective rages
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Wreckognize
+294|6455
jesus h, DST users need to wipe the crocodile tears from their cheeks, untangle their panties, and stop being such whiny bitches.  This is the fucking internet people.  Personal attacks happen.  Flaming happens.  Trolling happens.  Derailment happens.  Bias happens.  Shit just happens.  No one said the internet (much like life) was going to be fair.  Either accept these inevitabilities and get over it or stop posting.  Simple as that.
pace51
Boom?
+194|5143|Markham, Ontario
This thread might as well be called "fixing bf2s". Since it aint possible to fix bf2s, why not aim at minimizing the damage? If a lot of work is put into making sure DST topics aren't derailed and members adress each others as equals and leave personal arguments behind, wont DST be "fixed"? Sure, there'll always be, as Wreckognize pointed out, misunderstandings and internet asshattery, but if people do what FM said and ignore insults and only address intelligent comments, well, there wont be any searing grudges.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

lowing wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

It is a collective effort, and I do my part. Modding does not mean recognizing right form wrong and taking action. Your job is to make sure everyone follows the established rules regardless of personal opinion of the post or the poster. That should not be hard to do.
Lowing - in this thread earlier it was derailed by you and others debating the merits of Islam and the sources you were using to back up your claims.  I kindly told the thread (not you in particular) to stop with the derail and get back on track.  You ignored my request and kept on posting.  I then took action and you bitched and moaned about censorship.  You didn't do your part, in fact you went the complete opposite direction and rambled on about how mods are biased and censoring your opinions.  If you notice I deleted nothing from your tit-for-tat arguments in the "mosque built at ground zero" thread.  A kindly reminder to stay on track - which you ignored - should be enough for grown adults to refocus the debate/topic/discussion and you should be able to understand the difference between 'censoring' you and trying to clean up a thread and refocus it.  Not that hard to understand or follow IMO.
You deleted posts that were totally relevant to this thread. and I did not drag this Islam here, Uzi did. It happens all the time. Topics leave the orginal threads and over flow into others by people who wish to get a dig in somewhere. Most of the time I igonre it. But if you allow those digs to post, I will retain the right to respond if I chose to. You did not say shit to anyone about derailing until I responded. Then of course, we have a problem.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Uzique wrote:

haha methinks lowing forgets what topic he's posting in half the time with his blind neo-con invective rages
rages? I am one of calmer poster here, Uzi...maybe you are the one who is blind. and lets not forget you are the one that drug Islam ( and me) into this thread.

Last edited by lowing (2010-07-08 13:13:09)

BLdw
+27|5141|M104 "Sombrero"
You would think finding better arguments backed up with better sources is easier from DST than EE. That doesn't seem to be the case nearly as often as it should be. The problem I see here is the "no-one else knows the truth better than I" mentality. Yeah, you're unique, only about 6.8 billion people share this same feeling.

Because somewhat majority of discussion seems to revolve around politics (/Islam, heheheh), or turn to that at some point, wouldn't it be better if people avoided their 100% exactly right truth which is merely an opinion anyway? It gets tedious to read (can't even imagine what it is to "discuss" about it) 10 pages of circle jerk between two persons and and neither of the persons discussing can't even accept the basic logic other one is using. I'm not saying everyone here is like that (some of you guys actually produce some "interesting" stuff to read every now and then) but more than often this seems to be the rule here.

There's nothing more enjoyable than reading phrases as "the fact is", "the truth is", "that is the truth", "I know exactly how it is" in every serious discussion. People seem to know basically everything here, maybe some of us here are very humble, obviously, because they rather spend their time writing here than solving those problems.

Last edited by BLdw (2010-07-08 13:27:13)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440

lowing wrote:

Uzique wrote:

rages? I am one of calmer poster here, Uzi...maybe you are the one who is blind. and lets not forget you are the one that drug Islam ( and me) into this thread.
i think you'll find it was you and bertster... i stopped caring about the source-argument about three decades ago.

*whistles*
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Uzique wrote:

lowing wrote:

Uzique wrote:

i think you'll find it was you and bertster... i stopped caring about the source-argument about three decades ago.

*whistles*
no uzi it was you http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 0#p3222750

you stopped caring yet.....................here you are.

*whistles*
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
that had nothing to do with your back-and-forth argument with bertster... it was an ancillary point put to marine.

do you actually read what other people post on this forum? engaging with you feels like hammering nails through my own cock
pace51
Boom?
+194|5143|Markham, Ontario
No offence, it doesnt matter who brought in the derail, it matters who decided to rerail.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
no offence, but post something worth saying and stop trying to chime in with the moderators all the time.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard