Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6812|Nårvei

11 Bravo wrote:

good job

oh wait

fail
The quality of this forum is decided by its members ... think about that ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5239|Cleveland, Ohio
lazy mods way of staying lazy
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
whaddya want the mods to do, marine? doctor every single D&ST thread to suit your whimsical taste and opinion?

dude you've already shown yourself many times that you don't come into a debate with any real information, any real knowledge or any real point to argue. you snipe in one-line comments and then complain all day about the moderators because, for some unknown reason, they're doing a bad job. the only thing they're doing a slack-job of is deleting all your silly one-line retorts and useless-nothings. i don't think ive seen you come into a 'proper' debate and engage with the topic using any real reasoning or evidence, not once. you grumble and complain and shit on things... and that's about it.

so what are you actually asking for? get real.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
11 Bravo
Banned
all you do is put people down.  if that is acceptable then i guess what i do is also.  and, this section is NOT JUST FOR DEBATE!  not everyone needs to spew or wants to read walls of text.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
i'll point out if someone is arguing without a basis, sure. normally that's pretty much only lowing - and i ain't the only one calling out his 'arguments' as being based in ridiculous-nothings. attacking sources is normally a pretty weak way to debate, but come on. if i was debating for white-supremacy in every thread and kept linking to the KKK website, people would get tired of that and eventually start to criticize, too. so don't be reductionist.

debate and serious talk normally implies knowing what you're actually talking about. and i don't see much 'serious talk' in shitting on the moderators in every other post. debate and boring talk, maybe.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
nlsme1
+32|5419

11 Bravo wrote:

all you do is put people down.  if that is acceptable then i guess what i do is also.  and, this section is NOT JUST FOR DEBATE!  not everyone needs to spew or wants to read walls of text.
Your right, it is also for serious talk. Something you have also shown to be incapable of doing.
11 Bravo
Banned
in case you havent noticed, FM made this thread and asked for ideas and input.  so, what is your problem?
11 Bravo
Banned

nlsme1 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Your right, it is also for serious talk. Something you have also shown to be incapable of doing.
oh ok.  so i guess yelling at lowing all day is the only true serious talk and debate here right?  sorry.  its all most of you do here anyway.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
my problem is your cries arent contained to this one thread

nor is your habit of posting one-line provocations that add absolutely nothing
nlsme1
+32|5419
Your ideas? Input? Please point them out. I am having a hard time finding them.
11 Bravo
Banned

Uzique wrote:

my problem is your cries arent contained to this one thread

nor is your habit of posting one-line provocations that add absolutely nothing
omfg look who is talking?  jesus christ you are one blind fool.
11 Bravo
Banned

nlsme1 wrote:

of course you do.  because when you dont agree with something it is stupid and pointless.  thats this section in a nutshell.  and this section was great about 2 years ago.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
where are my one-line shite-posts, in the tradition of usmarine?

quote me
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6132|North Tonawanda, NY

11 Bravo wrote:

and this section was great about 2 years ago.
This is so very true.
11 Bravo
Banned

Uzique wrote:

where are my one-line shite-posts, in the tradition of usmarine?

quote me
one line versus multiple lines of insults and putting people down aint any different.  you just think it is because you like walls of e masturbation.

but, you are proving my point.  why even come into this thread and start shit with me?  i didnt say anything to you.  must be trolling eh?
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6651|Washington DC

take it off line boys ... get on topic or I'll close this.
nlsme1
+32|5419

11 Bravo wrote:

nlsme1 wrote:

of course you do.  because when you dont agree with something it is stupid and pointless.  thats this section in a nutshell.  and this section was great about 2 years ago.
And these are intelligent and hold a point?

11 Bravo wrote:

good job

oh wait

fail

11 Bravo wrote:

lazy mods way of staying lazy
11 Bravo
Banned

nlsme1 wrote:

And these are intelligent and hold a point?
yes.  i gave my ideas.  if you look you will see this thread died and i revived it.  point is nothing has been done.  so yes, they do hold a point.  just because you cant see it or need it explained to you doesnt make it wrong.
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6224|Brisneyland
Havent bothered to read all 15 pages, but what wrecks it for me is that a few people here post too many threads. The place is overrun with AntiObama posts by Harmor. When I log on and see them I just leave in disgust. Maybe make a posting limit so that we get  a greater variety of opinion. Just my 2c worth.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

Burwhale wrote:

Havent bothered to read all 15 pages, but what wrecks it for me is that a few people here post too many threads. The place is overrun with AntiObama posts by Harmor. When I log on and see them I just leave in disgust. Maybe make a posting limit so that we get  a greater variety of opinion. Just my 2c worth.
I don't have a problem with AntiObama posts per se, but I do have an issue with just reposting fox news/drudge report articles as-is. It's just stupid and pointless.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Uzique wrote:

i'll point out if someone is arguing without a basis, sure. normally that's pretty much only lowing - and i ain't the only one calling out his 'arguments' as being based in ridiculous-nothings. attacking sources is normally a pretty weak way to debate, but come on. if i was debating for white-supremacy in every thread and kept linking to the KKK website, people would get tired of that and eventually start to criticize, too. so don't be reductionist.

debate and serious talk normally implies knowing what you're actually talking about. and i don't see much 'serious talk' in shitting on the moderators in every other post. debate and boring talk, maybe.
then don't attack the source, attack the information in the source. Who cares if it from a racist ( which I do not claim it is) if you disagree with the information refute it and lay off of your playbook.

You are forgetting that there are countless sources and media outlets that expose Islam for what it is. Your claims that there is nothing to these claims is rediculous. You dismiss them all and address nothing of what they have to say. Claiming superiority over them and thus do not have to address anythnig they say. That is a weak way to debate, and that is you and others like you in a nutshell. Even after I exposed your source (a source you viewed as so significant that it was to drive home the final nail in my cofin) as a fraud, you dismissed this, shifted gears then claim it does not matter anyway.  No sir, I present an argument you present simply " lowing is wrong". Gotta try harder than that.

Last edited by lowing (2010-07-04 05:19:31)

Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6224|Brisneyland

Spark wrote:

I don't have a problem with AntiObama posts per se, but I do have an issue with just reposting fox news/drudge report articles as-is. It's just stupid and pointless.
Sure, he can attack whoever he wants as far as I care, but it seems to be almost to the point of Spamming the forum with his style of thread. Its his choice, but it kinda ruins it for some.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

lowing wrote:

then don't attack the source, attack the information in the source. Who cares if it from a racist ( which I do not claim it is) if you disagree with the information refute it and lay off of your playbook.
Trouble is you present the source as being some kind of authority, when its actually some unabomberesque nutball.
Then you ignore any information which doesn't agree with yours.

You don't present arguments, you present statements and challenge people to prove them wrong.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Trouble is you present the source as being some kind of authority, when its actually some unabomberesque nutball.
Then you ignore any information which doesn't agree with yours.

You don't present arguments, you present statements and challenge people to prove them wrong.
A group of nutballs, running a load of related sites. Some of which have been shut down.

There's Glen Reinsford of cairbaby.com (shut down) and religionofpeace.com - which seems to be lowings main source for everything.
There's Robert Spencer of Jihad Watch, where we can see numerous references to the fact that cairbaby was shut down and a campaign for web blocks imposed by filtering companies to be removed for the religionofpeace site.
There's also Khalim Massoud of Muslims Against Sharia - a hilarious site obviously not run by Muslims. His responses to emails he was sent regarding defamation law suits are quite in line with what one might expect:

Subject: Re: Law suits, ain’t this grand

Are you threatening me, you little biatch? You must have been sucking cousin dad’s xxxx for too long, if you really think that a demented piece of sxxt like you could scare anyone. And if you weren’t that stupid, you’d know that if you’re a Christian or a Jew, we’re praying to the same God, you retarded inbred. Also, you unhealthy fascination with larva is troubling. You should discuss it with a shrink at the free clinic, you dumb piece of white trash (Bill Warner).
Muslims Against Sharia
To: BW (Bill Warner)
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 7:08 PM
Subject:Re: Law suits, ain’t this grand

You told on me, you little piece of sxxt (Bill Warner)? Obviously a little biatch like you is too much of a chicken sxxt to handle anything herself. I am surprised that you haven’t dug up the “fact” that I’m not a real Muslim, etc. etc. etc..

You (Bill Warner) must have been excessively molested as a child to feel that insecure at your advanced age. Ever considered counseling?

Khalim Massoud
President
Muslims Against Sharia
[email protected]
241732 PO Box, OMAHA, NE 68124
Just a few examples from the website of a Private Investigator who has done some investigating of these dodgy websites. As a result of this, Muslims Against Sharia have had their PO box revoked by the USPS:

https://pibillwarner.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/muslims-against-sharia-po-box-closed2.jpg?w=605&h=485

Some people will persist in using stupid sources, rather than mainstream sources. If only there were some criteria on what sort of sources are acceptable, then it would avoid all this nonsense.

Just because some nutjob has a blog does not make them a credible source. That is something that leads to lots of problems in D&ST and perhaps there should be a stickied thread explaining what constitutes a credible source (the sort of things you would imagine are common sense for most people) and that information taken from sources that do not conform with those guidelines should be taken with a pinch of salt?
11 Bravo
Banned
bbc is shit and you guys hold it up as the golden goose.  gtfo

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard