blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6615
anyone play any of these two games, I know both of them are based on the custom game from World of Warcraft III called DOTA.... I learned about the League of Legends one from someone at school then the other blade from bf2s forums told me about the Heroes of Newerth which resembles Wow III Dota more after watching some videos, I played the League one and it seems they deviated too far from the Dota game not game play wise, but hero wise they implemented new heroes which dont resemble any of the heroes from Warcraft 3 ...

MOD EDIT: title revamped, but essentially the same -un13
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6126|Vancouver | Canada
HoN has to have the worst community of all time.

Played in the CB and got bored.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

They're not going to top the team that made Savage 1, if this is the same Newerth.
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|5967

blademaster wrote:

anyone play any of these two games, I know both of them are based on the custom game from World of Warcraft III called DOTA.... I learned about the League of Legends one from someone at school then the other blade from bf2s forums told me about the Heroes of Newerth which resembles Wow III Dota more after watching some videos, I played the League one and it seems they deviated too far from the Dota game not game play wise, but hero wise they implemented new heroes which dont resemble any of the heroes from Warcraft 3 ...
It is not World of Warcraft III, just Warcraft III.

Personally played both but Heroes seemed a lot better, League of Legends was annoying with the hero unlocking thing and such. HoN is really annoying with me the PSR etc. People really judge way too much by the numbers.

Last edited by Nordemus (2010-04-28 12:23:01)

pace51
Boom?
+194|5143|Markham, Ontario

blademaster wrote:

There the same game. Really. LoL is fun though.
Smithereener
+138|6286|California
I have to agree, the community isn't all that great.

But it's still a fun game imo. Even though I'm mediocre at best aha.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6323|Troy, New York
Bump:
League of Legends is free to play now:
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c34d6179a4ca
Very entertaining gameplay, particularly for free.
(Thats my referral link, if you feel like using it (no downside) I get skins and so forth in game, other wise use this link:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/
Players are formed into 2 even teams with 1-5 champions on each team. Each team starts at opposing sides of a map, near what is called a "Nexus". A match is won when either the opposing team's Nexus is destroyed or the other team surrenders. To destroy a Nexus, each team must work through a series of towers called "Turrets". Turrets are often placed along a path to each base referred to as a "Lane". Along the way, each player must gain levels from killing the opposing team's "Champions" and "Minions" (small NPCs that constantly spawn and attack the other team) and defeating neutral monsters (some of which grant buffs upon death). Also, champions purchase "Items" with in-match gold to improve their champion. In League of Legends, each player starts at level 1 at the beginning of the match and can obtain the maximum of level 18 with their champion, leveling 4 different champion-specific abilities.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I'm game.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6126|Vancouver | Canada
I might play some LoL if we can get some 100% BF2s games going.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6336|California
I'll play some LoL, i've maintained a 1:1KDR on HoN lol
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Tried LoL. Didn't really grab me.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6323|Troy, New York
Hit me up on xfire: h4hagen
or In game: GenHenry
and we can get some games going.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6545|London
I started playing LoL. Pretty addicting.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6730|San Antonio, Texas
Yeah LoL wasn't very interesting to me at first, but the more I played it and found better builds for champions, the more addicting it became.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Couldn't make it over the noob hump. I was falling asleep.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6545|London
Yeah learning curve is steep, but for a free game it's pretty damn fun.

What champs are people using? I'm switching between Annie/Garen atm.
[HOF]Mercenary
o_O
+53|6148
Mundo will go where he pleases.

I am starting to learn Shen now though. .. much more useful in 5v5s.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6545|London
I can't wait for shen or rammus to get on free rotation so I can try them out.

Also is the solo queue matchmaking retarded or something? If I'm ever winning more than 50% of my games the system just puts me with a team of level 10's against a whole team of lvl 20's. Most games we either roll them or we get completely rolled.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

Aries_37 wrote:

I feel like it would be fun to play, just dont know where to start
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623

Aries_37 wrote:

Also is the solo queue matchmaking retarded or something? If I'm ever winning more than 50% of my games the system just puts me with a team of level 10's against a whole team of lvl 20's. Most games we either roll them or we get completely rolled.
What's with the leveling system? It sounds like a pretty terrible idea.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6615

Mutantbear wrote:

Aries_37 wrote:

yeah I had to quit playing it was addicting, then moved to some other game then got addicted to that too so had to quit lol... Im game free..
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6545|London

Mutantbear wrote:

Aries_37 wrote:

There's 10 free champs to play each week which get rotated and there's a total of 60 champs. You earn in-game currency just by playing games which you can use to unlock champs that you like permanently. It takes like 4 wins to unlock the cheapest champs but 60+ to get the expensive ones so don't buy till you're sure you want someone. Also everything is purchaseable by cash if you are so inclined.

What I did was to go through all the free champs each week and found someone I liked- this week heimerdinger is probably the most noob-friendly- then just practice that champ for a week. Stay in your lane and farm the shit out of it, last-hitting all low healthed creeps. The best way a new player can contribute to a game is not dieing, pushing your lane, and telling your team when the opponent in your lane goes missing.

Also play with friends. I'm solo queuing a lot and it's just depressing when your team has no sync at all.

Lucien wrote:

Aries_37 wrote:

What's with the leveling system? It sounds like a pretty terrible idea.
Yeah it's a shitty system but thankfully doesn't make a huge difference. Generally it means higher level players have better runes and they've got all 30 points of mastery already.

The runes usually have a really small effect; I'm level 15 and mine give my champ a +2% dodge, +6 armour penetration, -1.5% cooldown and +18 health (you start a game with almost 500hp at level 1 and gain like 70+ a level). A level 30 player with a full page of tier 3 runes would probably have triple my rune buffs so it's still not an earth-shattering difference compared to a level 1 player. Being good/experienced is still the determinant in 99% of fights.

Also if you do sign up my in-game name is Aries37, add me!
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
LoL patch notes highlight

Fiddlesticks

* Drain
      o Reduced Cooldown to 10 from 12
      o Reduced Mana Cost to 80/95/110/125/140 from 80/100/120/140/160

* Dark Wind
      o Reduced Cooldown to 14 from 15

Karthus

Lay Waste
      o Reduced Mana Cost to 20/26/32/38/44 from 20/28/36/44/52

Wall of Pain
      o Reduced Cooldown to 18 from 22

Fuck yeah

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-10-09 05:55:49)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6545|London
About time Miss Fortune got nerfed
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Aries_37 wrote:

About time Miss Fortune got nerfed
idd
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me