FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6647|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
Any one know of a way i can quickly switch to my pstol other than roll up the mouse wheel, i'm at school right now, and i was thinking that maybe i could set weapon slot #2 to a key like "ALT" so when i get in an intense firefight, quick pistol select, and a headshot FTW

Any help or ideas would be fantastic

Thanx
oberst_enzian
+234|6750|melb.au
i hit middle mouse to get my pistola out...
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6635|Warlord
Um, hitting 2 is not fast enough? If you use the arrow keys for movement just bind it to Numpad 2 as well/instead.
M_Harrower
Will code HTML for food
+114|6581
You could just use the number keys
AT3am_Murd0ch
+15|6588
Yeah, just hit number 2 - It's sat right above the W you're using to run forward - and as below - perfect - tho the WASD system is better IMO...

Todd_Angelo wrote:

Um, hitting 2 is not fast enough? If you use the arrow keys for movement just bind it to Numpad 2 as well/instead.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6657|Washington DC

FesterTheMolester wrote:

Any one know of a way i can quickly switch to my pstol other than roll up the mouse wheel ... Any help or ideas would be fantastic
The wheel also "clicks" like a button ... map your pistol to that function and you will have it quickly available (that's the way mine is mapped).
oberst_enzian
+234|6750|melb.au
yeah, that's what i meant by middle mouse.

the problem with 2 is that you have to reach away from WSAD, whereas if you have middle mouse mapped for it, you can draw the pistol while still moving without any awkwardness
AT3am_Murd0ch
+15|6588
Hmm, maybe i'm a coward - and therefore am running backwards or sideways while getting the pistol out....

Last edited by AT3am_Murd0ch (2006-05-02 10:29:35)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6639|949

or you can use "F" to scroll through weapons.  Not sure if its any faster than the others, but it is another option.
aslpride
+6|6670
Most of time when I encounter intense firefight and my main gun need to reload. I click number 2 to use pistol. That is only quick way to do. However, it is depend how you use your fingers.

For example: If you want to click number 2, since you will need to use your middle finger to reach number 2. (mind you with jokes on middle finger) That will be difficult if you want to go forward because you will still press w. However, what I did is press a or d while click number 2. I didn't lose my leverage. That is my quickest to load pistol if my main gun need to be reload during intense firefighter.
Ugaminor
+21|6680
I suggest what most of the others have mentioned, map a secondary key for the #2 weapon (pistol) slot.  Use whatever is comfortable to you.  If the left-ALT is best go for it, just keep in mind that is mapped already to the 3D map toggle so you will have to clear it (I only know that cuz I was trippin when my 3D map would disappear... thought it was a bug... so nubby:|) Personally my pistol key is mapped to my 5th mouse button, but I still scroll and bring it up quick enough.

GL
savking
+37|6595|England
i nva even thought about mapping my pistol to somthing i could get to quikly. im gona try mapping it to the center mouse buton:)
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6654|Peoria
Most new mice have back and forward browser buttons on the side. I Have those 2 mapped for my main weapon and my pistol. Shoot, if i could figure out how, i'd map the volume up and down buttons on the mouse to knife and gernade, that way i could swap all weapons with my thumb.
taddzilla
+23|6851|Pembroke Pines, FL.
I use the Logitech MX518 mouse and there software to program the keys.  I have one for the knife, one for the pistol, and also one set to switch from full auto to burst.  It has made my gaming better, by switching quicker then the wheel scroll.
Janus67
Tech God
+86|6603|Ohio, USA
arrow keys > WSAD :-p
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6687|Broadlands, VA
I just die.  It's the easiest.
tgust5
+22|6634

Todd_Angelo wrote:

ya dude, just hit "2".  if you have been playing bf2 this whole time without knowing that...
MorbiD.ShoT
Stormin' through the party
+322|6604
i have a logitech mx518 and it has prgrammable keys and the mouse also comes with software so if you have a mouse like that, the forward/backward buttons on the side are the best/fastest way to switch.
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6635|The Netherlands
but the prob is you cant go to pistol if your running it is a bug i think
xixspyder
AnthraX
+25|6581
I scroll down and pull it out with the quickness. (expierence from way to much counterstrike.) I got 329/329 pistol kills so far.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6640|USA
Numero Dos works well for me. its the Hitting the other person with this pistol that is the hard part.
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6634|Sea to globally-cooled sea

niekjejeje wrote:

but the prob is you cant go to pistol if your running it is a bug i think
It's not a bug.  your keyboard will only send maximum of two keystrokes simultaneously to BF2

I use the #2 because I mapped my parachute to the middle mouse button.  it makes jumping off buildings and shorter walls much easier.  it also allows me to pull out the parachute at the very last second, so people don't see me falling from far off.
seb--morin
Im high
+152|6647|Montréal, Québec
Personnaly i stoped using the mouse a long time ago, because it's sooooo slow and you often miss and get your grenade or knife instead of your pistol. Even for the shock paddle, the claymore, or the F2000 GL ,i use the number right above my left hand. Maybe at first  you may get confuse between kits, but now i know every single thing and where they are .
Ducatti20
+1|6669|Arizona

Kaosdad008 wrote:

I just die.  It's the easiest.
Me Too....
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6635|The Netherlands
it is not my keybord who gives the probs if i go to knife or something and i run that works perfect

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard