tF-afrojap
+124|6817|SF
YES! I was able to re-create the problem. I think all the people who crashed had terrain quality set to low. As a temporary fix, bump it up to medium and it should work fine. I will work out a perm fix.
Crusty
+11|6748

tF-afrojap wrote:

YES! I was able to re-create the problem. I think all the people who crashed had terrain quality set to low. As a temporary fix, bump it up to medium and it should work fine. I will work out a perm fix.
works like a champ! i ended up reinstalling everything but that didnt help. i had my terrain set to low, i upped it to high and it worked. good work man.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6619|South Korea.

tF-afrojap wrote:

The subway looks promising, will you include a train that can be navigated through? That would be so awesome especialiy if the train was dark, when you fix the terrain problem I will play it, Bringing CS/Splinter Cell style maps to BF2 earns you +1!

Last edited by Citizen One (2006-04-30 18:29:40)

ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy
+45|6608|Olympus Mons, Mars
And also here's my work:

_ Entrance                                                            Exit ______________________________
  \                                                                             /
  \      |>                                                      |>         /
    \__|____________________________|_____/

In the subway station, Put a road from the Entrance to the Exit, so vehicles such as jeeps and tanks can enter;).
The bold syle on my work are the roads.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also, make some open doors in the buildings of Operation Smug Screen so people can enter those buildings. If you like, you can put a flag on one of those open-door buildings. Make the tunnel dark, with streetlights in the tunnels. Then, make the sreetlights turn ON, so people in the tunnel can see. And aviators and helicopters on this map will be great! And it's up to you to name the 4 flags on the tunnel. If you want me to name the flags, I'm at your service.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also, make the middle flag have cars that have an accident, like on Strike at Karkand where these cars are on fire. And make the building near the middle flag a secondary outpost of the middle flag, like on Wake Island 2007, where the secondary outpost is that island you spawn on. The secondary outpost spawns inside the building; the building near the middle flag is an open-door building. If possible, make some stairs in this building with mounted guns on the windows. If possible, make a balcony for the building.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you make helis or aviators on this map, if possible, make some AA vehichles, too. If you make aviators, an SU34 will be grrrrreat, since no other map besides Gulf of Oman (and maybe Zatar Wetlands) has an SU34, so we need an SU34 for this map! And if you think that there's not enough space, just make the F35 JSF, since it doesn't need such a long road for it. It can aim it's nose in the air when started, then fly, or it can just fly up without tiliting like what a heli can do, then fly straight while in mid-air. The only problem with that is the landing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Make some fire also on some non-open-door buildings, like in Strike at Karkand. And of course, it is wasting your health if you go on it. I suggest you on the images to put a railroad.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by ExtremeSpy506 (2006-04-30 19:47:16)

l::.:LIAM:.::l
+139|6642|Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
Great Work Afro Keap Us Posted
ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy
+45|6608|Olympus Mons, Mars
The subway station looks good enough for a stunt, too, with a plane. And your tunnel actually looks grrrrrrreat!

Last edited by ExtremeSpy506 (2006-04-30 21:07:56)

tF-afrojap
+124|6817|SF
ExtremeSpy506: As I said in the first post, I want the map to encourage intense infantry battles. No room for planes here. I did read your suggestions, not going to allow tanks/jeeps to access the tunnels. That was the whole point for going through the process of making an underground area. Anyway, thanks for the effort. +1
Adding lights to the tunnels in definitely on my todo list, and believe me, its long! @_@
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

i somehow sense a level problem. i saw it on Iron Gator in the early days. certain points underground/textures made me somehow bounce up a level or to. i guess ill DL the map and walk a line in every direction to find issues
tF-afrojap
+124|6817|SF
Ok found the perm fix. This is my favorite BF2 mapping bug so far! The solution was to copy the water configuration file from an official map and override you custom one. Of course! The WATER was causing the crashes! What was I thinking... but wait I don't have a single fucking drop of water in my map!! .....AHHHHHHHHHHHAFDJSAFJDSKFJDSFADSFA </that german kid>

This is why you shouldn't mod kids. Now excuse me I have to go strangle a kitten to death.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6619|South Korea.

tF-afrojap wrote:

Adding lights to the tunnels in definitely on my todo list, and believe me, its long! @_@
Naw, no lights, keep it dark and gloomy like a real train station would be if the Chinese invaded.
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6698|Honolulu, HI

Citizen One wrote:

tF-afrojap wrote:

The subway looks promising, will you include a train that can be navigated through? That would be so awesome especialiy if the train was dark, when you fix the terrain problem I will play it, Bringing CS/Splinter Cell style maps to BF2 earns you +1!
Part of me wants to see de_dust or cs_office in BF2.

The rest of me realizes that many, many tank/jet/chopper whores will play for a couple minutes and sign off in disgust at the lack of whorable vehicles.

Keep up the debugging!  Now that the problems have been fixed I will definitely be up for more "playtesting" on the Gibson server--really looking forward to Saturday now (well, more so than usual lol)
tF-afrojap
+124|6817|SF
- Added a muni station island in the middle of market street (it's the big street).
- Added two manholes which directly take you from street level to platform level. Might get rid of these though, it takes away any reason to go down via stairs. Maybe it will only connect the 2 underground levels.

Next up, going to model out the Burger King on Market st. (will be a cap point, since burger joins hold a huge stratigic importance to Americans) It's going to have 2 floors and some roof access from there. Should make for an interesting flag. Kind of funny to think that a burger king is the U.S. main spawnpoint. Anyone want to make suggestions for the name of the burger joint? They will definitely serve extra large freedom fries.
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6708|Pakistan/England

Crusty wrote:

tF-afrojap wrote:

works like a champ! i ended up reinstalling everything but that didnt help. i had my terrain set to low, i upped it to high and it worked. good work man.
my settings are on high for everything..still doesnt work!

besides that, the screenshots look good!!

Last edited by tahadar (2006-05-01 11:57:20)

[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6698|Honolulu, HI
LOL at the burger joint control point...how quintessentially American.

Some suggestions for names:

"Patty On The Buns" (complete with sexually suggestive picture of a juicy beef patty atop ass-cheek-y buns!)
"MecDonald's" (wait, it's PLA vs. USMC...never mind)
"Chuy Burgers" (a nod to the omnipotent!)
"Get Food Here" (on sign: medic bag with the cross replaced by a burger/fries?)
"The Supply Drop" (self explanatory)

If you could find someone to model them for you, the burger joint could have posters!  Example:

"All Nite Drive Thru--Alright, You're Good To Go anytime."
"Try our NEW Chicken Nooblets & Tangy Karkand Dipping Sauce"

These suggestions of course offered tongue-in-cheek
[DEI]Bart
fire at will!!!
+76|6683|Leiden, Holland for the n00bs
looks nice , keep up the good work
tF-afrojap
+124|6817|SF

[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra wrote:

LOL at the burger joint control point...how quintessentially American.

Some suggestions for names:

"Patty On The Buns" (complete with sexually suggestive picture of a juicy beef patty atop ass-cheek-y buns!)
"MecDonald's" (wait, it's PLA vs. USMC...never mind)
"Chuy Burgers" (a nod to the omnipotent!)
"Get Food Here" (on sign: medic bag with the cross replaced by a burger/fries?)
"The Supply Drop" (self explanatory)

If you could find someone to model them for you, the burger joint could have posters!  Example:

"All Nite Drive Thru--Alright, You're Good To Go anytime."
"Try our NEW Chicken Nooblets & Tangy Karkand Dipping Sauce"
Hahahaha try our new Double C4 MEC Jihad Sandwichâ„¢ today, and experience the plastic flavors explode on your palette.

[DEI]Bart wrote:

Oh it'll look "nice" when I throw in some lighting and textures.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6817|-

tF-afrojap wrote:

[DEI]Bart wrote:

Oh it'll look "nice" when I throw in some lighting and textures.
Can't wait
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6715|Houston, TX
Looking good Afro, keep up the hard work!  Screenshots are nice looking. Can't wait till it's done. 
You should get donations by selling ad/window space on the buildings and in the subways.

KJ
tF-afrojap
+124|6817|SF

Kung Jew wrote:

Looking good Afro, keep up the hard work!  Screenshots are nice looking. Can't wait till it's done. 
You should get donations by selling ad/window space on the buildings and in the subways.

KJ
I might spam links to my online portfolio. lol
"HIRE ME DICE!"

Ima embark on a reference gathering quest today, walking down Market and snapping shots of fine chic.. err buildings and texture references. Once I get a good amount I'll post them up here so people can help me model some assets if they want to. To be honest, I can't model out and texture an entire city unless I dedicate 6 months on it.

I went to the same art school as Marconious and Vodoo (which is physically located in the map in reality), they have both offered to help me with asset creation, so you should see some stuff getting cranked out from them soon.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

tF-afrojap wrote:

Ok found the perm fix. This is my favorite BF2 mapping bug so far! The solution was to copy the water configuration file from an official map and override you custom one. Of course! The WATER was causing the crashes! What was I thinking... but wait I don't have a single fucking drop of water in my map!! .....AHHHHHHHHHHHAFDJSAFJDSKFJDSFADSFA </that german kid>

This is why you shouldn't mod kids. Now excuse me I have to go strangle a kitten to death.
lmfao

you can use source textures, they are soo much better

Last edited by stryyker (2006-05-01 14:10:26)

Babo0n8
+0|6812

tF-afrojap wrote:

- Added a muni station island in the middle of market street (it's the big street).
- Added two manholes which directly take you from street level to platform level. Might get rid of these though, it takes away any reason to go down via stairs. Maybe it will only connect the 2 underground levels.

Next up, going to model out the Burger King on Market st. (will be a cap point, since burger joins hold a huge stratigic importance to Americans) It's going to have 2 floors and some roof access from there. Should make for an interesting flag. Kind of funny to think that a burger king is the U.S. main spawnpoint. Anyone want to make suggestions for the name of the burger joint? They will definitely serve extra large freedom fries.
is the flag on the inside of the building or outside?
Yeticus Rex
Destroyer of Penguins
+29|6629|SoCal
Instead of gas cannisters, they should be labeled "Smug Cannisters".  All kits should have Smug Cannisters instead of grenades.  Have Cartman and Nutter at the edge of the city too.  Any death should be shown with the guy bent down to sniff his crotch/arse........."AAAAaaaaaaHHHHHHhhhhhh.........<thud>"

Ok, not practical.....but we all can dream.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

Yeticus Rex wrote:

Instead of gas cannisters, they should be labeled "Smug Cannisters".  All kits should have Smug Cannisters instead of grenades.  Have Cartman and Nutter at the edge of the city too.  Any death should be shown with the guy bent down to sniff his crotch/arse........."AAAAaaaaaaHHHHHHhhhhhh.........<thud>"

Ok, not practical.....but we all can dream.
its Butters, but nice try
Spiderman696
+12|6616
Overall. Cool idea this city map.
Some ideas:

I) As already suggested: at least 1 railway blocked with a train. I would make it a burning train. So you just can generate some light in the tunnel and dont need so many other light sources.

II) Some escape roads in the tunnel. This could be like first two connected shelter rooms and afterwards a ladder to the streetlevel. So you have some more accespoints to the tunnel.

III) At least one more flag on streetlevel.

Good work till now. Post you next beta map please.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6751

looks like the next season of 24.  oooo! can i be jack bauer?  he's the only one who never gets killed.  hmmm...must be a hacker cheat.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard