Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6603|Greenwood, IN
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you have a phone with Android?  I've had an HTC Hero(Sprint) since Christmas and love it!  However with the Android OS becoming beefy with a lot of features my phone with the newest official update for it has become a bit slow.  So if any of you have one I would like to hear any tips if at all possible.

Thanks.
Benzin
+576|5996
Clean up the useless applications on your phone and make sure you use a task management application to free up memory if you get a lot of programs clogging up the OS. TasKiller is the application that most people use and the one that I would recommend you look into.
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5715|Vancouver, BC, Canada
The newest-newest update that came out a couple days ago (Which so far I think has only been released for the Nexus phone) claims to be better optimized so it might speed things up a bit, if/when it becomes available for your handset.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/22/ente … rate-of-i/
^^ Article I read yesterday talking a bit about your situation, new OS updates are coming out so fucking fast that 6 month old phones are already lagging and struggling to keep up.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6603|Greenwood, IN
Yea I have 2.1 that came out for my phone last week.  I only have a few apps installed including Taskiller.  But, its still slow.  I'm wondering if 2.2 will be worked out for my phone.
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

CapnNismo wrote:

Clean up the useless applications on your phone and make sure you use a task management application to free up memory if you get a lot of programs clogging up the OS. TasKiller is the application that most people use and the one that I would recommend you look into.
True for winmo phones, but quite opposite actually for Android. Android does a great job managing memory (hint: does not work the same way windows does)

Have a droid an love it. Responsive, attractive, easy to develop for
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6603|Greenwood, IN
Is there like an official thread somewhere on these forums for Android phones?  Maybe a list of apps?  If not does someone want to put together a list of good apps?
Microwave
_
+515|6653|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
If you find a thread (I couldn't) I'll make a list of apps.

If there isn't one, we need an official Android thread made nowww!
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5997|The Mitten
original Android (T-Mobil G1) here.

Love it.
EE (hats
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6595|Seattle

Microwave wrote:

I nominate you to make that thread
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Microwave
_
+515|6653|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK

King_County_Downy wrote:

Microwave wrote:

I nominate you to make that thread
On it boss!
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6603|Greenwood, IN
Very nice!

I'm a nightly reader so an ereader is a must for me.  I use FBReader with .epub file format.  I list the apps I have installed but, I only have a few because of the 2.1 update.  I plan on flash the 2.2 once someone comes out with one for HTC Hero(Sprint).

Apps:
FBReader
Daily Sudoku
ASTRO File Manager
Speed Test
Taskiller

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard