Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
We have one? Like a dedicated motoGP thread not just a couple threads about races?
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6460|Gogledd Cymru

There's this It's not dedicated but may aswell be, sadly not many members are interested in MotoGP
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6444|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Hi!
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
Well this one is dedicated now. Unfortunately due to shift work atm I don't to see as much as I would like. "(
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6555|England
So GP of Jerez this weekend.  A circuit Ducati don't get on with traditionally, yet I've just finished watching free practice and the works Dukes were 1st and 3rd.  Nice to see Hayden finally seeming to get it together on the Ducati, it must be down to the Big Bang engine they use now.  The works Hondas looked slooooooow in comparison to the speeds they were pulling in Qatar last time out, Pedrosa the quickest of them.  Also, if anyone remembers the speed trap results from Qatar, Rossi's Yamaha was the slowest of all machines.  Apparently this was due to them gearing the bike to be following Stoner for the whole race as eveyone expected him to run off and win it.  Without the slipstream the Yamaha was struggling to get any pull, but expect them to be a bit quicker in a straight line this weekend.  Time to get off and watch the 125 qualifying now!

Last edited by KingCheese (2010-05-01 11:50:50)

"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6555|England
Qualifying times for the MotoGP class :

1. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team 1m 39.202s
2. Jorge Lorenzo SPA Fiat Yamaha Team 1m 39.487s
3. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team 1m 39.511s
4. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team 1m 39.558s
5. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Marlboro Team 1m 39.560s
6. Randy de Puniet FRA LCR Honda MotoGP 1m 39.591s
7. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1m 39.970s
8. Ben Spies USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1m 39.989s
9. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 1m 40.021s
10. Marco Melandri ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m 40.027s
11. Loris Capirossi ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1m 40.206s
12. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Interwetten Honda MotoGP 1m 40.322s
13. Alvaro Bautista SPA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1m 40.416s
14. Hector Barbera SPA Paginas Amarillas Aspar 1m 40.482s
15. Aleix Espargaro SPA Pramac Racing 1m 40.555s
16. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m 40.586s
17. Mika Kallio FIN Pramac Racing 1m 40.803s

Come on Mika, can't have you languishing at the back!
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6555|England
What an excellent last few laps from Lorenzo to snatch the win.  Usually if Pedrosa gets clear air in front of him he romps away, but Jorge did a fantastic job.  Also probably the most amusing win celebration I've seen in a while!  Massive race for Hayden finishing ahead of Stoner, and I wonder if Stoner has a couple more bad results will we start hearing some illness bullshit again?  Also Kallio obviously read my post above and hauled himself up to a 7th place finish.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Where the fuck did Lorenzo get all that time from in the last few laps of the race, that is some demon shit. This race wasn't as good as the first one, but I guess Lorenzo doing all that shit at the end made up for it.

I'm already starting to realise who I like and don't like. Ducati with their yank/aussie combination, I don't like. Plus they're red, they're like the Ferrari of MotoGp, and that sucks. FIAT/Yamaha, they're alright... but from what I gather there's more or less a "big three" this season (or maybe even just big two) and the orange Honda's are my fav. Probably was because of the first race and that ridiculous straight line speed they had over everyone else, wasn't as noticeable on this track

Also that sideshow bob lookalike is awesome just because he has the biggest 'fro in motorsport history
Surgeons

I've always like Rossi since I started watching it, I never liked Toseland though, he was awful

Apart from those two the riders I like are determined by a complex method of random variables.

E.g. I like Dovizioso, Capirossi, De Puniet, Melandri, Edwards, hate Stoner and Hayden (but less so).
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK
I was hoping Lorenzo would drown in that lake when he jumped in it

My favourite riders that I look out for is Rossi and De Puniet, who my friend supports and I just look out for him as I ain't a huge MotoGP fan like yourself The Sheriff
Surgeons

His first name is Randy, what's not to like.

Is it still being shown on Eurosport btw? I've had to watch both races on iplayer as I'd been out when they were broadcast live.

The Eurosport commentators are excellent, kinda like how sky's coverage of the darts is infinitely better than that of bbc's, as they have Sid Wadell etc.
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6555|England
Yup, still being broadcast on Eurosport, but often they show the 125's and Moto2's live and not the MotoGP itself. They show that as soon as it ends on BBC2.  Seems odd, I imagine BBC2 nicked the live rights?  Hate the commentators on the Beeb tho, you can't beat Toby and Julian on Eurosport!  Remember when they used to have Randy Mamola too?  Dunno what happened to him.

Last edited by KingCheese (2010-05-05 08:30:45)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
Not sure about practice sessions but BBC have Qualifying live on red button and I'm sure they show the race live. I watched that Qatar(?) night race live but Spain on iplayer.

Qualifying from every race of the 2010 MotoGP season will be available on the BBC Red Button* and the BBC Sport website (UK users only).

We'll also be showing full coverage of the 125cc and Moto2 races, including qualifying.

And if you miss any of the action live don't worry - we'll be looping all qualifying and race action on the Red Button immediately after it's happened.*

Or you can watch the race again on our iPlayer service for seven days after it has happened.
BBC's iPlayer

*(dependent on bandwidth availability for Freeview users).
Some red button coverage may not be available on Freeview - further details here
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp … 805050.stm

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2010-05-05 08:34:20)

Surgeons

I know bbc show it live, but as me and KingCheese said, the commentators on Eurosport are infinitely better than the bbc ones.

So it's definitely shown and commentated by Toby and Julian on Eurosport KC?
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6555|England
Sure is, I always watch on Eurosport for that reason
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Same with F1, I can cope with Martin Brundle, but Legard is awful. Go on any of the F1 websites and everyone always talks about how awful Legard is. Thankfully you can press the red button and use five live commentary if you really want to
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6555|England
Le Mans this weekend, just watching free practice now.  Lorenzo currently top of the timesheets, but I'm most impressed with Ben Spies again.  Currently 5th, ahead of his team mate on a circuit he's never seen before.  Pretty awesome I think.

Toby and Julian were just talking about some teams already devoloping bikes for the 2012 season with 990cc engines!  A return to those would be fucking brilliant!  I think most of the riders and teams are for it anyway, hope it happens.

Now, Moto2 practice or pub?

Last edited by KingCheese (2010-05-21 05:56:06)

KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6555|England
So qualifying ready to kick off.  Just saw some footage of Alvaro Bautista crashing in this mornings free practice.  He won't be taking part in the GP tomorrow after the accident, considering before the fall he was already riding with a broken collar bone.  Riding a GP motorcycle with a broken collar bone!  These GP riders must be tough as old boots!
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6555|England
MotoGP class qualifying times

Pos  Rider             Bike               Time       Gap
1.  Valentino Rossi   Yamaha             1m33.408s
2.  Jorge Lorenzo     Yamaha             1m33.462s  + 0.054s
3.  Dani Pedrosa      Honda              1m33.573s  + 0.165s
4.  Casey Stoner      Ducati             1m33.824s  + 0.416s
5.  Nicky Hayden      Ducati             1m33.845s  + 0.437s
6.  Randy de Puniet   LCR Honda          1m34.074s  + 0.666s
7.  Andrea Dovizioso  Honda              1m34.204s  + 0.796s
8.  Colin Edwards     Tech 3 Yamaha      1m34.304s  + 0.896s
9.  Loris Capirossi   Suzuki             1m34.306s  + 0.898s
10.  Aleix Espargaro   Pramac Ducati      1m34.514s  + 1.106s
11.  Marco Melandri    Gresini Honda      1m34.523s  + 1.115s
12.  Ben Spies         Tech 3 Yamaha      1m34.920s  + 1.512s
13.  Marco Simoncelli  Gresini Honda      1m34.942s  + 1.534s
14.  Hiroshi Aoyama    Interwetten Honda  1m34.979s  + 1.571s
15.  Hector Barbera    Aspar Ducati       1m35.323s  + 1.915s
16.  Mika Kallio       Pramac Ducati      1m35.810s  + 2.402s

Kallio at the back again

Last edited by KingCheese (2010-05-22 09:52:54)

Surgeons

Fuck I missed it, fucking hangovers

Will watch it on iPlayer when it's uploaded
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6555|England

Surgeons wrote:

Fuck I missed it, fucking hangovers

Will watch it on iPlayer when it's uploaded
Be sure to laugh hard when Stoner comes off
Surgeons

Loved seeing him with his head in his hands

Gutted Spies came off though, I like him.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Ducati don't seem to be near the Honda/Yamaha teams anyway so they're living in dreamland if they think they can win shit this season, from what I've seen so far

Rossi has his shoulder injury which the commentators mention every 5 seconds, so the way things are shaping up this shit is for Lorenzo to lose
Surgeons

Yeah the ducati's have been off the pace (pace ­) this year, but then again they don't fare so well on the slower tracks like Le Mans, they'll do better at the end of the season at the faster tracks.

wtf happened to Pedrosa
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6555|England
Dunno but he needs to pull his finger out if he wants to keep his job.  Dovi is two points ahead of him the championship now I think, and I believe Dani's contract is up this season.  Agree on the Ducati situation, they'll come good soon.  Not that I want them to in the slightest though (except Kallio on the Pramac, Mika's cool.)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard