m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6673|UK
wow someone in the US talking about...well nothing?

Now please explain why an inordinate amount of Americans on this forum at least seem to read/source the daily fail.  Why?!
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
-MetaL*
Sup guies
+157|5635|Southern California

Marlo Stanfield wrote:

Manhatten is going to smell worse now.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina

Trotskygrad wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

At least they're building something there.  It's taken long enough already.
Yeah I wrote a letter a few years back. I think I posted it up here as well, asking what was going on.

I think(I'll look for it in a second) they stated that the project is suppose to be done 2012, they're probably waiting for the end of the world to happen.

But they're not, they're looking to see if it's ok. They don't have the funding, I'm also mad that the last time they had a project go it was by a Spanish architect not an American.
I dunno, Gaudí's pretty damn pro...
That, and hell, the Statue of Liberty was designed by a foreigner.  The nationality of the architect doesn't really matter to me regarding these projects.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6769
It's no worse than building a church near a bombed out abortion clinic.

I love America. Instead of being angry at the government for being "asleep at the wheel" during 9/11 they blame some extreme part of a religeon for all their woes.
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

Well many Native American graves I'm sure have all kinds of shit built on them ... no one thought that was too tasteless
Turquoise
O Canada

BN wrote:

It's no worse than building a church near a bombed out abortion clinic.

I love America. Instead of being angry at the government for being "asleep at the wheel" during 9/11 they blame some extreme part of a religeon for all their woes.
It is ironic, isn't it?  Instead of being angry at and less trusting of the government when they clearly failed to protect us, we instead put more of our trust in the government.

Tragedy somehow led to patriotism.

There's nothing about 9/11 that should invoke pride other than the sacrifices made by the firemen, police, and emergency personnel at Ground Zero.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

Turquoise wrote:

That, and hell, the Statue of Liberty was designed by a foreigner.  The nationality of the architect doesn't really matter to me regarding these projects.
And made by foreigners, and installed by foreigners, and paid for by foreigners.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Turquoise
O Canada

Dilbert_X wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

And made by foreigners, and installed by foreigners, and paid for by foreigners.
That too 
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6707

SEREMAKER wrote:

eye for an eye
Care to elaborate on that?

They are building it on one of the buildings that was destroyed when the planes landing gear fell through the roof, not directly on top of the site of the world trade center. Still, I think it's a little inflammatory.  Whether you like it of not, the World Trade Center was brought down a by a group of Islamic radicals.  I didn't see any sort of anti-muslim movement in America after the bombings, but I can see one starting up if they go through with this.

I don't see why Some big American company has not bought the land that the WTC was on and built a skyscraper there.  That would be the ideal solution.  The WTC represented America's economic might.  Building it back up would be the most economically beneficial action to take.  It would also be a great act of defiance.  Terrorists blow it up, America builds it back, bigger.

Last edited by Deadmonkiefart (2010-05-18 21:39:49)

Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6707

Dilbert_X wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

The Statue of Liberty was installed by American workers.
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5996|Truthistan
IMO you guys have it all wrong. They should build the mosque on top of the new building. in fact declare the whole site, all of New York to be a Muslim holy site. Then if/when the terrorists attack, they will be attacking a mosque and if they can attack our american mosque, then we should be able to target theirs.

We could start a new deterence MAD = Mosque Assured Destruction. You attack us, we attack you, either way the Mosque gets it.

I would think that attacking a holy site wouldn't play well in the muslim world.
Mosque shields for everyone... and start tieing imans shields to the outside of our tanks too.
ruisleipa
+149|6224|teh FIN-land

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

Or should i say ironic, since religion is largely to blame for the big hole in the ground in the first place.
'cause we all know the Buddhists, Methodists and Pastafarians were in on the whole thing.
wtf shite are you talking now?
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6487|England
They Attack you, You attack them, they build mosque's on you're soil you build military bases on there's, I don't know what the gripes about.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5238|Cleveland, Ohio

ruisleipa wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

Or should i say ironic, since religion is largely to blame for the big hole in the ground in the first place.
'cause we all know the Buddhists, Methodists and Pastafarians were in on the whole thing.
pretty simple, troll.....err straw man.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

ruisleipa wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

Unless you meant to type "the religion" in the first place, thus rendering my reply a misunderstanding of your missing word, your response is troll.

[ ] Explanationworthy.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6001|Vortex Ring State

Diesel_dyk wrote:

IMO you guys have it all wrong. They should build the mosque on top of the new building. in fact declare the whole site, all of New York to be a Muslim holy site. Then if/when the terrorists attack, they will be attacking a mosque and if they can attack our american mosque, then we should be able to target theirs.

We could start a new deterence MAD = Mosque Assured Destruction. You attack us, we attack you, either way the Mosque gets it.

I would think that attacking a holy site wouldn't play well in the muslim world.
Mosque shields for everyone... and start tieing imans shields to the outside of our tanks too.
Hellz yeah.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6697|NJ
Oh ok, so it's a shit rag.. So it's probably not true...

Well that's good, I'm really not for a building of any religious buildings there. The City really needs to be brought back to it's former glory. Which actually means getting rid of all the disney crap on 42nd street as well.

Oh the facebook page on this is very interesting. You want to see uneducated people, go take a look at it.

Last edited by cpt.fass1 (2010-05-19 07:43:25)

cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6697|NJ

Turquoise wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Yeah I wrote a letter a few years back. I think I posted it up here as well, asking what was going on.

I think(I'll look for it in a second) they stated that the project is suppose to be done 2012, they're probably waiting for the end of the world to happen.

But they're not, they're looking to see if it's ok. They don't have the funding, I'm also mad that the last time they had a project go it was by a Spanish architect not an American.
I dunno, Gaudí's pretty damn pro...
The statue of Liberty was a gift from france. It'd be pretty shitty if they just gave us a gift card to Get our own labor.
13rin
+977|6480

Shahter wrote:

ATG wrote:

The tax excempt thing bugs me.  Also the propaganda victory.

You don't hear Muslims declaring victory, but that is what they will do.
this. the whole affair is fucking pathetic.
Agreed.  Radical Islam destroys 2 skyscrapers killing thousands of people and their mainstream religion is so distraught by their action, they decide to build a mosque on one of the sites?   Bullshit.  If that were my religion I'd claim victory.  Building your shit on the site of your enemy's rubble?  Yea...
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6673|UK
Radical islam is not building their 'shit' on your rubble.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Balok77
+28|6149
There not building on ground zero there building nearby. From the map it doesn't even appear to be in eyesight. This is the type of thing that gets blown completely out of proportion by the media.
13rin
+977|6480

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

The Statue of Liberty was installed by American workers.
And it was a gift.

@M3thod:  Fine by me then.  Build away.

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2010-05-20 08:41:42)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
if its any consolation we built a ton of shit in iraq.
Tu Stultus Es
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6487|England

eleven bravo wrote:

if its any consolation we built a ton of shit in iraq.
and alot more people we're killed. A shit lot more.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
because everything in life is about body counts and numbers
Tu Stultus Es

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard