SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6814|The darkside of Denver

theDude5B wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

theDude5B wrote:

Question: When doing chest flies, my bench is at a slight angle. Does this make a difference? I can not get the bench flat, but the angle is very small.
Like below or above 180 degrees?  Depending on the angle you hit different parts of the chest.  But if its not like 30-45 then i wouldn't worry about it too much.
it is probably between 10-20
yeah youre probably alright.

jebus if your at a 30-45 degree angle then you're doin incline flies buddy.
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6750|Toronto-Canada
no pics of any you guys that has been working out?
SonderKommando

lxcpikiman wrote:

I have many pics and videos.. Go back two pages ffs.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5919|Belgium
My 'school' gym membership has expired this week. In a few weeks I'll be buying myself a real gym membership, in the same gym.

For me it would also be the perfect time to 'improve' my workout. I believe that, in the past 6 months or so, I've made quite some progress, but I've also fucked around quite a bit. Ofcourse, that's an element of learning, and seeing that working out also has a learning-curve.3. I'm fine with that.
But I feel that it's time for me to step it up, train harder, and also more effective. Seeing as I've followed this thread from beginning to this date, I've also gained a lot of information from you all.

I'll be posting my current routine soon, so if you want to, please comment on it
baggs
+732|6359
I'd had bother with my left knee for a long time, so i changed my stance when i did squats and its been much much better. So i had a little test last night and squatted 90kg (200lbs) with no pain at all, which was a triumph considering previousley i could only squat ~40kg (90lbs) before my knee started hurting.

Deadlifts went well, i think i prefer a straight leg deadlift, up to 60kg (130lbs) with those now.
Brasso
+1,549|6785

baggs wrote:

I'd had bother with my left knee for a long time, so i changed my stance when i did squats and its been much much better. So i had a little test last night and squatted 90kg (200lbs) with no pain at all, which was a triumph considering previousley i could only squat ~40kg (90lbs) before my knee started hurting.

Deadlifts went well, i think i prefer a straight leg deadlift, up to 60kg (130lbs) with those now.
same problem with me, same knee.  if i was playing something where i had to sprint or jump hard, my knee would give me problems - sort of an achy feeling of the tendon right below the kneecap.  i could do squats normally but i fixed my form yesterday and i could squat without pain.  i found out it was a problem called "patellar tenonitis" or jumper's knee.

make sure you don't have the same thing...
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
baggs
+732|6359

haffeysucks wrote:

baggs wrote:

same problem with me, same knee.  if i was playing something where i had to sprint or jump hard, my knee would give me problems - sort of an achy feeling of the tendon right below the kneecap.  i could do squats normally but i fixed my form yesterday and i could squat without pain.  i found out it was a problem called "patellar tenonitis" or jumper's knee.

you too? shit

When i squat now i use a wide leg stance and point my feet outwards at about 40 degrees, and its been fine since. Any chance you can try that and let me know how you get on?
Brasso
+1,549|6785

baggs wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

baggs wrote:

you too? shit

When i squat now i use a wide leg stance and point my feet outwards at about 40 degrees, and its been fine since. Any chance you can try that and let me know how you get on?
oh that's weird.  that's awful imo, that's something like i was using before except not as large an angle.  now i'm keeping my feet shoulder-width apart and facing straight forward.  the most important part, i think, is to try to keep your knees over your ankles; it's not like a jumping motion, but more of an invisible sit.  this helps me at least, since jumper's knee comes from....jumping
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
baggs
+732|6359

haffeysucks wrote:

baggs wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

you too? shit

oh that's weird.  that's awful imo, that's something like i was using before except not as large an angle.  now i'm keeping my feet shoulder-width apart and facing straight forward.  the most important part, i think, is to try to keep your knees over your ankles; it's not like a jumping motion, but more of an invisible sit.  this helps me at least, since jumper's knee comes from....jumping
how random, if i use the exact same stance as you're using i get sharp striking pains in the front of my knee. I gather its from years of road running on poor footwear, i recently had analysis at a running shop and they determined i rolled in on my arch and i need to buy some trainers that stop that. i found some Asics that had literally a solid sole around the arch area and a nice soft crash pad on the outside of the heel, changing from non supportive running trainers to those was like night and day. So yeah, i pretty much fucked my knee back when i was just 17 years old.
SonderKommando
Baggs, you can get away with wide stanced squats, your stance should be slightly wider than shoulder width anyways.  Have you tried knee wraps for a brace perhaps?
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6346|Roma

baggs wrote:

Would straight leg lifts let you lift the same amount of weight? I use the shoulder-width stance and can lift that, and would have thought you would lift more than me.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
SonderKommando

PrivateVendetta wrote:

baggs wrote:

Would straight leg lifts let you lift the same amount of weight? I use the shoulder-width stance and can lift that, and would have thought you would lift more than me.
No, you can lift more with regular deads. Straight leg deads are harder.
baggs
+732|6359

SonderKommando wrote:

Baggs, you can get away with wide stanced squats, your stance should be slightly wider than shoulder width anyways.  Have you tried knee wraps for a brace perhaps?
Yeah i've moved to wide stance and angled my feet outwards to about 40 degrees, it feels like its hitting where it should do and it's not giving me any pain. I feel like i would be able to squat 110kg next week.

I had considered bracing, i'd prefer not to and leave it as a last resort, if this new stance serves me well i shall just stick with it.

PrivateVendetta wrote:

I've had some back trouble for the past couple years, i've been having massages and doing the deadlifts and keeping them steady. I do the 60kg easily but i don't want to push my luck with the back, i'm happily doing 10 reps at 5 sets with the deadlift at that weight. Perhaps in a few weeks i'll go heavy, i'm also working in preparation for barbell rows so i just want to make sure my back is solid.
SonderKommando

baggs wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

Yeah i've moved to wide stance and angled my feet outwards to about 40 degrees, it feels like its hitting where it should do and it's not giving me any pain. I feel like i would be able to squat 110kg next week.

I had considered bracing, i'd prefer not to and leave it as a last resort, if this new stance serves me well i shall just stick with it.

PrivateVendetta wrote:

I've had some back trouble for the past couple years, i've been having massages and doing the deadlifts and keeping them steady. I do the 60kg easily but i don't want to push my luck with the back, i'm happily doing 10 reps at 5 sets with the deadlift at that weight. Perhaps in a few weeks i'll go heavy, i'm also working in preparation for barbell rows so i just want to make sure my back is solid.
Its ironic, or maybe not.. But I've hurt myself more times doing bent barbell rows than any other exercise.  Its a tough exercise to get the form just right on.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6921|UK

baggs wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

baggs wrote:

you too? shit

Thats how you should be doing them, that is the most stable posture that is unlikely to damage your knees as they are supported as they move out over your feet, rather than some strange angle.

From what I understand the straight leg stance is used if your muscles down either side of your leg extend to different heights.

Last edited by Vilham (2010-05-13 08:24:52)

lrishpride
+68|5303
Man fuck the day after leg days. I've been walking around at half pace all day looking like theres something up my ass
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5639|Bolingbrook, Illinois
baaaaaaaw
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6750|Toronto-Canada

SonderKommando wrote:

lxcpikiman wrote:

I have many pics and videos.. Go back two pages ffs.
besides you.
SonderKommando

lrishpride wrote:

Man fuck the day after leg days. I've been walking around at half pace all day looking like theres something up my ass
haha, yea.  I forgot my gym shoes last night and it was leg day.  Which actually wasn't such a bad thing. No shoes while squatting really helps you keep flat footed.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6787

i've lost 5 lbs in a month
baggs
+732|6359

Gooners wrote:

DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6311|Vancouver | Canada

Gooners wrote:

Give them to me.

I need to bulk up.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6346|Roma

lrishpride wrote:

Fuck the evening after leg days, they still feel wobbly.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6508|Troy, New York
OK, I need some major advice on a weird (but fun) problem.
I've gotten roped into a mini triathlon with some friends, but I recently found out that one of the guys on the other team is a guy I completely despise. I finish with school on Tuesday so I have plenty of time to work out, run, etc.
As far as exercise, I lift weights three times a week, but thats about it.
I have a pool in my backyard, so swimming is easily doable. I have a nice mountain bike and go mountain biking regularly, so those two are set for me (pretty much).
So I need to basically run run run run run to get ready and build up endurance.
I need recommendations for:

Some sort of basic exercise plan
New Protein Supplement (Possibly with creatine?)
And whatever else I'll need to win.

Any and all suggestions are welcome
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5919|Belgium
Try Tabata (HIIT)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard