Chou
+737|6792
Onslaught is bringing co-op gameplay to Battlefield for the first time on console. The new game mode puts you and up to three friends against the enemy on Valparaiso, Atacama Desert, Isla Inocentes and Nelson Bay – redesigned with new lighting, time of day, added vehicles and other effects. Each map has a dedicated gameplay focus, requiring different levels of teamwork in order to complete the objectives against an onslaught of enemy AI. Vehicle warfare comes to the forefront in Atacama Desert while Nelson Bay focuses squarely on infantry assault. Players can compete in squads and check individual progress via the dedicated Onslaught leaderboards.
Onslaught mode will be available on Xbox Live and on the PlayStation Network

Source

Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|5999
Why cannot it be on the real platform ffs? Those rocket boats looked cool.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6465|cuntshitlake

Don't you just love how they advertised this as a PC game. Yet every balance fix and shit is made according to console needs, and now this...
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6001|Vortex Ring State
guys, don't bitch, DICE will get their shit in order after they get flamed on their own forums.

And that rocket boat looks cool.
mooneyno1
Carl Gustav <3333
+16|5964|Sheffield
I just want wake island.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6271

Bazajaytee wrote:

The question of "What about PC?" is coming up in the comments quite a lot already so this is what the situation is.

No, we haven't signed away rights to console on this.
The problem we have on PC is that all our servers are dedicated with providers. Changing a server from Conquest 32 players to Onslaught 4 players cuts out 28 player slots from the total ammount available. This could have a dramatic affect on the PC online environment if enough servers changed to Onslaught.

We aren't ruling out Onslaught on PC but at this time we are researching how to bring it to PC without affecting players who don't have Onslaught or their own server to run it on.

Bazajaytee wrote:

We have put Infantry Only in PC for you though and that is FREE
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6001|Vortex Ring State

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Bazajaytee wrote:

The question of "What about PC?" is coming up in the comments quite a lot already so this is what the situation is.

The problem we have on PC is that all our servers are dedicated with providers. Changing a server from Conquest 32 players to Onslaught 4 players cuts out 28 player slots from the total ammount available. This could have a dramatic affect on the PC online environment if enough servers changed to Onslaught.

We aren't ruling out Onslaught on PC but at this time we are researching how to bring it to PC without affecting players who don't have Onslaught or their own server to run it on.

Bazajaytee wrote:

researching lol.

Just allow us to host our own Onslaught servers...
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6271
They don't want to. At the moment there is no server data in our game files so it wouldn't work. It's for security reasons.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

mooneyno1 wrote:

I just want wake island.
Sure, you can have it as long as there is no airfield and no carrier, deal? Fuck jet whores, seriously.

I'd actually be ok with jets being in the game if they added a fourth rocket to the engineer class, a stinger missile.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-05-12 06:52:49)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Nordemus
+60|5999

JohnG@lt wrote:

mooneyno1 wrote:

I just want wake island.
Sure, you can have it as long as there is no airfield and no carrier, deal? Fuck jet whores, seriously.

I'd actually be ok with jets being in the game if they added a fourth rocket to the engineer class, a stinger missile.
Would be funny if you tracered a jet and sent a Gustav or RPG after it, it would never catch it lel.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6566|Area 51

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Bazajaytee wrote:

Bazajaytee wrote:

Oh woopdiefucking doo! Thanks for Infantry Only, because that is really what this game needed already!

As for the Onslaught Mode, I just hope for the console players sake that they made some adjustments to the A.I. because the A.I. in the singleplayer was fucking retarded. Wasn't even a challenge on hard..
Nordemus
+60|5999

RDMC wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Bazajaytee wrote:

Bazajaytee wrote:

Oh woopdiefucking doo! Thanks for Infantry Only, because that is really what this game needed already!

As for the Onslaught Mode, I just hope for the console players sake that they made some adjustments to the A.I. because the A.I. in the singleplayer was fucking retarded. Wasn't even a challenge on hard..
They will balance it by numbers. Low HP like in hardcock and tons of enemies.

BTW that guy pissed me off big time when he said we got IO for free. Like we wanted it all.

Last edited by Nordemus (2010-05-12 09:10:08)

RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6566|Area 51

Nordemus wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Bazajaytee wrote:

They will balance it by numbers. Low HP like in hardcock and tons of enemies.

BTW that guy pissed me off big time when he said we got IO for free. Like we wanted it all.
Still it feels like a modified version of the co-op that we had in BF2
mooneyno1
Carl Gustav <3333
+16|5964|Sheffield

JohnG@lt wrote:

mooneyno1 wrote:

I just want wake island.

don't get hostile mate. I didn't actually say i wanted it for the jets/choppers, whatever. Sure no airfield, they could make it like the main for usa on valperisio (spelling) for the russians, and the carrier instead could be an island (like the arty island in BF2 but bigger) with 2 blackhawks and an apache and ofcourse, a few boats.

wake was a great, chilling map for me back in the day. All I did in BF2 was play IO all the time and try my best to find a 'city IO' rotation server (masshturrr, sharqi, karkand). Wake was there to give me an enjoyable relaxing game where I could take a break from medic.

edit: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt … st14965141

Decided to make a poll on the official forums. See what happens, no harm in trying

Last edited by mooneyno1 (2010-05-12 13:10:18)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6668

Me want.
thepilot91
+64|6237|Åland!

mooneyno1 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

mooneyno1 wrote:

I just want wake island.

don't get hostile mate. I didn't actually say i wanted it for the jets/choppers, whatever. Sure no airfield, they could make it like the main for usa on valperisio (spelling) for the russians, and the carrier instead could be an island (like the arty island in BF2 but bigger) with 2 blackhawks and an apache and ofcourse, a few boats.

wake was a great, chilling map for me back in the day. All I did in BF2 was play IO all the time and try my best to find a 'city IO' rotation server (masshturrr, sharqi, karkand). Wake was there to give me an enjoyable relaxing game where I could take a break from medic.

edit: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt … st14965141

Decided to make a poll on the official forums. See what happens, no harm in trying
gimme gimme , longrangesniping and hiding in the bushes , but without prone , a larger map wouldn't be as good as with prone , none the less GIMME!
prototype
+52|6313

mooneyno1 wrote:

I just want wake island.
i agree but i hate defending on Wake
i only like being the attacking side

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard