Poll

Do you see the need for IO mode in this game?

Yes12%12% - 7
No87%87% - 50
Total: 57
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6354
Only mode that makes sense with IO is Squad Deathmatch. The IFV in the middle of the map is totally unnecessary and spoils the fun to some extent.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5189|Sydney

DUnlimited wrote:

Chou wrote:

IO on Rush: Yes.
Why though, I can see most of the rush maps get completely stuck without vehicles. I would much rather understand IO for conquest than rush.
+1
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6821|Nårvei

Since I can't play it - Yes
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6576|Area 51

Varegg wrote:

Screeeeeeeeeew you.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6761
Lets face it, they will introduce IO mode and NO servers will be running it unless they are Squad Deathmatch where the mode would be nice.

So really, who cares?
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6474|cuntshitlake

theDude5B wrote:

Lets face it, they will introduce IO mode and NO servers will be running it unless they are Squad Deathmatch where the mode would be nice.
Do you really believe so? My guess is that if the mode is ranked, a lot of servers will run it. In germans I trust
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|6008
Servers will of course run IO, look at BF2, why would BC2 be any different?
jsnipy
+3,276|6533|...

Nordemus wrote:

Because the vehicles in bc2 are no where near as impacting. No jets for one; no lines at the runway which diminish your infantry count out in the field and players that do nothing but fly and and down the field bombing.
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|6008

jsnipy wrote:

Nordemus wrote:

Because the vehicles in bc2 are no where near as impacting. No jets for one; no lines at the runway which diminish your infantry count out in the field and players that do nothing but fly and and down the field bombing.
Fair enough, maybe not as many as in BF2, but there will still be plenty. Really looking forward to Arica Harbor IO Rush...
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5189|Sydney

jsnipy wrote:

Nordemus wrote:

Exactly.
Plus the likelihood of some douche spawn raping an uncap with a tank is a lot lower, and easier to eliminate.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6821|Nårvei

RDMC wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Screeeeeeeeeew you.
I have an opening on Friday
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
RDMC
+736|6576|Area 51

Varegg wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Screeeeeeeeeew you.
I have an opening on Friday
jsnipy
+3,276|6533|...

Nordemus wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Nordemus wrote:

Fair enough, maybe not as many as in BF2, but there will still be plenty. Really looking forward to Arica Harbor IO Rush...
There is certaintly nothing wrong with more play options.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6678

Nordemus wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Nordemus wrote:

Sarcasm right?  I've played Arica Harbor Rush where the attackers couldn't get pass the first spawn.  And if the attackers managed that, they got stuck on the second spawn.
JadedDope
Arizona Bound.
+16|5182|Between your mama's legs.
I voted yes because why not have it? Its just another option for players, greatly increasing the variety of the game. If people don't like IO then don't go on it. If people do like IO then go on it. What is it hurting by not having IO?
DUnlimited
+1,160|6474|cuntshitlake

JadedDope wrote:

I voted yes because why not have it? Its just another option for players, greatly increasing the variety of the game. If people don't like IO then don't go on it. If people do like IO then go on it. What is it hurting by not having IO?
First of all there's nothing in IO that would "greatly increase the variety of the game" as it has been covered in the posts all over this thread.

Secondly, I pointed out why the addition of IO might be bad, try reading the OP next time.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6761

DUnlimited wrote:

theDude5B wrote:

Do you really believe so? My guess is that if the mode is ranked, a lot of servers will run it. In germans I trust
I do believe so. Ok, so there will be some servers running it, but I can't see any respectable server running IO mode as it is completely pointless in every mode except Squad Deathmatch.

Armour and Helo's are not over powered, so taking them out would actually make the game dull. The larger Rush maps would be crap without the vehicles. Can you imagine Arica Harbor IO Rush? If you were in a BAD squad who died constantly, you would always be spawning far away from the first two bases and then having to run along the road. Atacama Desert would be completely shit without vehicles, as would Isla Inocentes. Isla Inocentes would end up with the attacking team ALL having to either walk over the hill, or swim through the water.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6010|The Mitten

JadedDope wrote:

Oh hey! You like Coffee - Real, Coffee, with Caffeine! So do we! But....
Some people don't! So we're making Decaf! Decaf is great! It's all the goodness of Coffee, just minus the caffeine!
What's that? You like your regular coffee? Oh, well, we'll still make it... However, you'll now have to drive 30 minutes down the road to a sketchy gas station where is will either be cold and stale, or taste like rancid shit squeezed out our assholes.

Enjoy!
EE (hats
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6456|The Land of Scott Walker

Sisco10 wrote:

Only mode that makes sense with IO is Squad Deathmatch. The IFV in the middle of the map is totally unnecessary and spoils the fun to some extent.
Voted yes for this reason ...
RDMC
+736|6576|Area 51

Stingray24 wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

Omg..because the IFV really does impact the gameplay all that much..
DUnlimited
+1,160|6474|cuntshitlake

RDMC wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

No one ever uses it anyways
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6354

DUnlimited wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Usually no one uses it until one squad falls behind on kills. It does not ruin the round and often gets mortared quickly due to the high density of snipers in this mode, but it still seems unnecessary and imbalanced a bit.

That being said, for that reason alone I wouldn´t need an IO mode. I play SQDM rarely anyways.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
RDMC
+736|6576|Area 51

DUnlimited wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

I always use it, just to get back at the m60 wielding medics

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard