Went from favorable to neutral.3%3% - 2
Went from unfavorable to neutral.1%1% - 1
Went from favorable to unfavorable.1%1% - 1
Went from unfavorable to favorable.14%14% - 8
Total: 55
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5997|Vortex Ring State
Steam is win now, love the dealz n shiz. Especially the Steamchat/friends thing, it's like XFire but better.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6341
Hated it when they introduced it. Didn´t have internet back then (yeah, I know..) and all the guys at our regular LAN parties played CS 1.6 with the new fancy knife which required steam to run even in offline mode, aka an account. Before that we used to just share one copy for lan play.

Activating HL2 on internet made me pirate it back then (and going to a great deal of hassle for that), but a year or so later I gots the interwebs too, bought HL2 and began to like steam.
Now I really like it, especially the deals etc.

I´m still mad, they had the GTA deal for 4 hours only though. Cunts.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714
Helps stop piracy too lelz. Best thing that happened to the internet.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6461|cuntshitlake

Good point there, Steam is probably the most effective anti-piracy measurement of the 21st century (so far)

Last edited by DUnlimited (2010-05-10 23:36:28)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6437|Brisbane, Australia

Cybargs wrote:

Helps stop piracy too lelz. Best thing that happened to the internet.
Yeh, I honestly prefer to buy and download of steam than torrent. Mainly because my ISP mirrors most steam content and it therefore doesnt contribute to my data cap. Fuck yeh.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6509|Gold Coast
Havent/dont really use steams potential. I mean, its nice not having to put in discs and shit each time I want to play a Steam game (which nowdays is only MW2), but I like having physical copies of stuff. I dont buy games online, dont download them etc. Although I do love the overlay which I have now gotten use to for satisfying my facebook addiction. Halfway through a game I can shift tab and check shit out/chat on facebook and its pretty dandy. I just wish they'd create some sort of MSN add-on.
Spoiler (highlight to read):
It also helps satisfy my pr0n cravings at times too
Neutral to favourable, I guess.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Zukabazuka
+23|6683
The prices are pretty unfair for Europe since the € is worth more than the dollar. So it often retail for me since I can always find it cheaper than steam if its a new release. Older games do get for a cheap price, but then third party games rarely lower the price much.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6579|SE London

Steam is great. From tomorrow it will be available on Mac too - so we'll all be able to ravage incompetent Mac gamers playing cross platform....

I like the way games in your account can be installed on both PC and Mac too without having to pay any extra.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6593|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

Bertster7 wrote:

Steam is great. From tomorrow it will be available on Mac too - so we'll all be able to ravage incompetent Mac gamers playing cross platform....

I like the way games in your account can be installed on both PC and Mac too without having to pay any extra.
they'll only be able to play the 10/1000000000000000000000 mac compatible games out there.
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

Lucien wrote:

October 8, 2003

One-up that

Last edited by jsnipy (2010-05-11 04:15:35)

DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6461|cuntshitlake

KuSTaV wrote:

Havent/dont really use steams potential. I mean, its nice not having to put in discs and shit each time I want to play a Steam game (which nowdays is only MW2), but I like having physical copies of stuff. I dont buy games online, dont download them etc. Although I do love the overlay which I have now gotten use to for satisfying my facebook addiction. Halfway through a game I can shift tab and check shit out/chat on facebook and its pretty dandy. I just wish they'd create some sort of MSN add-on.
Spoiler (highlight to read):
It also helps satisfy my pr0n cravings at times too
Neutral to favourable, I guess.
You wank while gaming?

Ok...
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6437|Brisbane, Australia

DUnlimited wrote:

You wank while gaming?

Ok...
What else is a good kill streak good for?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6322|Graz, Austria
I like it quite much.
I only started to use Steam in 2006, so I didn't experience any of the early issues it had.

The only drawback was the switch from Dollar-pricing to regional pricing about two years ago, which meant increased prices for my "rich" country.
But that's easily compensated with all the sales and low-price packages you get a few months after release of a game.

From a DRM perspective, I prefer Steam much more to other stuff like Securom or the recent Ubisoft shenanigans.
And a lot of publishers remove their 3rd-party DRM software for the Steam release.
As games are tied to one account, the only thing not possible is a re-sale, but that's not a problem for me, since I'm a collector and only buy games I like. I think I only have one or two games on Steam that I got a "meh" opinion afterwards.

Other great things:
--Tons of excellent indie games that I wouldn't have heard of otherwise.
--Auto-updating
--Friends system
--Steam achievements (Is it only me, or are GFWL achievements mostly only useless milestones that require only playing and no further skill/exploration?)
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

jsnipy wrote:

Lucien wrote:

October 8, 2003

One-up that
Account since Nov 23, 2004. No head start for me, just Half-Life 2 (and VTM: Bloodlines, lol, though that was standalone).

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2010-05-11 14:27:03)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6705|67.222.138.85
next thing you know people are going to be drooling over 5 digits and pissing on 8 digits

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard