Poll

Do you see the need for IO mode in this game?

Yes12%12% - 7
No87%87% - 50
Total: 57
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6465|cuntshitlake

Seriously who asked for this? Before saying it's not going to harm to have the option even if you won't play IO, consider the fact that a lot of servers are going to switch to IO. That's out of normal servers and in a few months it's going to be horrible with 80% of servers being either Hardcore, IO or both. We've seen that concept happen with CoD4 (95% of servers are HC).

IO is not needed in this game because:

1. Vehicles are not dominant. You just don't get dominated by vehicles in this game unlike in BF2, for example, where I think IO was not a bad addition.
2. Stalemates will stay stalemates if you have nothing to break through with. A lot of the maps will just get stuck in tight points without vehicles
3. Not having to worry about vehicles will grow the amount of snipers tenfold.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Voted no

But tbh Hardcore was the only thing that made COD4 worth playing imo, hence the huge amount of COD4-HC servers

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-05-09 04:20:35)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
DUnlimited
+1,160|6465|cuntshitlake

Because it completely broke the little that game has for balance and made it a huge campfest?

HC is so popular because it makes CoD4 fucking easy for people that cant hit the same target 3 times with 100% accurate recoil-less full automatic guns. And there's a lot of those people. In HC they only have to hit once.

Last edited by DUnlimited (2010-05-09 04:31:26)

Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|5999
As Bad Company is more infantry focused (unlike BF2), I really do not see the need for IO. 3 out of 4 classes have anti vehicle potential and you have many more stationary TOWs and MGs and sometimes I even see people ignoring the vehicles so I agree with everything you said.  About the snipers not having to worry about vehicles - many times I have used the UAV to own them, now that will be gone too. Stalemates are bad as it is. God, the game will suck with IO.

Last edited by Nordemus (2010-05-09 04:38:03)

FloppY_
­

DUnlimited wrote:

Because it completely broke the little that game has for balance and made it a huge campfest?

HC is so popular because it makes CoD4 fucking easy for people that cant hit the same target 3 times with 100% accurate recoil-less full automatic guns. And there's a lot of those people. In HC they only have to hit once.
Meh, I just think the weapons felt like pea shooters without HC on, you could take far too much damage before dying imo...

MW2 is better in this aspect but I won't buy something the developers didn't even bother making properly for PC
lrishpride
+68|5149
null vote. cause I can't play that game.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6628|UK
From the little I've played of the game, I see no reason to have an IO mode.
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

nope.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney
I love IO mode in BF2 cause I can't stand tank whores and I can't fly anything with any reasonable skill.

BC2 has maps that are already almost IO mode (Port Nelson for instance). And yes, some maps can be hard to break through without vehicles due to their design, and yes vehicles aren't dominant like in BF2.

So, no.
mooneyno1
Carl Gustav <3333
+16|5964|Sheffield
IO in BF2 worked, but in this, I dunno why. Just doesn't feel the same. White Pass, Laguna Alta, Laguna Presa. All Pretty much IO and the odd bradley/tank makes it more exciting. Game doesn't need IO, and I think this poll will prove that.

I vote no.

Last edited by mooneyno1 (2010-05-09 06:06:03)

DUnlimited
+1,160|6465|cuntshitlake

FloppY_ wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

Meh, I just think the weapons felt like pea shooters without HC on, you could take far too much damage before dying imo...

MW2 is better in this aspect but I won't buy something the developers didn't even bother making properly for PC
Doesn't take many bullets, 5 max (4 with SP) with worst guns from long range but the thing is you have to hit them quick because of the regen (4 seconds without hits and you've got 100% health again).

Last edited by DUnlimited (2010-05-09 06:07:12)

mooneyno1
Carl Gustav <3333
+16|5964|Sheffield

DUnlimited wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

Doesn't take many bullets, 5 max (4 with SP) with worst guns from long range but the thing is you have to hit them quick because of the regen (4 seconds without hits and you've got 100% health again).
should be poll for Wake Island BC2 to be honest.

DO WANT.

All the wake haters. GTFO.

Dunno, why I quoted you when saying that. oh well. hai

Last edited by mooneyno1 (2010-05-09 06:16:49)

-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6655
Are IO servers even going to be ranked?  I though I read that they were going to be considered "modified"...

If they're not, the stats-r-life crowd (which seems to dominate FPS games, at least in terms of vocalizing their opinions) won't play 'em, and I don't think the mode will be all that popular.

Oh, and I voted no, because if you can't avoid/kill vehicles in this game, you shouldn't be playing FPS games period.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
FloppY_
­

DUnlimited wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

Yeah I think it's the regen that ruined it form me tbh
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6566|Area 51
Hell no! Most maps either feature 1 (Per side) vehicle. Lets go over the amount of armored vehicles per map (Conquest)

Arica Harbor: None
White Pass: 2
Laguna Alta: 2
Laguna Presa: 2
Atacama Desert: 6
Panama Canal: 6

So..either there are alot of vehicles or there is only 1 (Per side). So who the fuck asked for IO and more importantly, why?

Last edited by RDMC (2010-05-09 07:03:07)

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5475|Ventura, California

DUnlimited wrote:

QFT
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
face it this game will be deeper sunk than Atlantis in about a month
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6532

most maps can be played as infantry and you'll be pretty successfull. It's not like in BF2 where if you wanted to play karkand it was either tank, apc, or die every 5 seconds from those things.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6271
I don't understand why they added IO either. It's completely unnecessary and nobody was asking for it.

But as we all know, DICE think in strange ways.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6000|Vortex Ring State
They need a bigger variety of vehicles on more maps.

Like a hind that shows up at the start of the round.
Chou
+737|6792
IO on Rush: Yes.
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|5999

Chou wrote:

Play Squad Rush if you want IO Rush.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

There's absolutely no reason for an Infantry Only mode in this game. No reason at all. Unless the enemy team is absolutely retarded, tanks and helis cannot outrageously dominate (and if the team is that retarded, they deserve to get raped by a single vehicle).

Vehicles are so so so sooooooooooooooo easy to take out in this game. It's not even funny. Sometimes you're better off not trying to use the vehicle if the other team is on top of their shit (i.e. 2 players on top of their shit).
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

Nordemus wrote:

Chou wrote:

Play Squad Rush if you want IO Rush.
this Chou , this
DUnlimited
+1,160|6465|cuntshitlake

Chou wrote:

Why though, I can see most of the rush maps get completely stuck without vehicles. I would much rather understand IO for conquest than rush.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard