whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5221
i just replaced my front pads because they were squeaking quite a bit. even with the new ceramic pads theyre still squeaking almost just as much. could it be the rear ones? i drive an 04 grand cherokee fwiw
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6603

maybe theres a mouse hiding there
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5221
next
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

Get some disc cleaner and check for contaminates on the rotor.
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

i wonder grease was used during application. You have rear disks in that thing?
Reciprocity
+721|6551|the dank(super) side of Oregon
did you turn/replace the rotors?
VicktorVauhn
+319|6362|Southern California
All brake pads will squeak under some conditions, its just the nature of what they are.

Are the ceramic pads OEM, or are they supposed to be a higher performance replacement? Any kind of performance pads will likely make even more noise.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5720|شمال
Clean the surfaces (pads must move freely). Use a thin layer of copper grease on the clean surfaces.
https://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/Middleeaster/bremseklods-2.png

Use sandpaper for the pads and use this for the brake caliper
https://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/Middleeaster/fil.png <- what is this in english?
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
A file? I can't really tell if that has grooves on it or not.
Beduin
+510|5720|شمال

DesertFox- wrote:

A file? I can't really tell if that has grooves on it or not.
file.. same in danish, fil.. thanks sir
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Reciprocity
what the hell would you do with a file?
Beduin
+510|5720|شمال

Reciprocity wrote:

what the hell would you do with a file?
clean the surfaces on the brake caliber...where the pads are placed. See the figure
The system shown in the figure has a locking plates (2) as you can see. those are placed in the caliber and then the pads are mounted, other systems pads are mounted directly on the caliber, but then they have another locking mechanism. Many diff systems, but common of them all is that the pads must move freely.

ohh ja.. if you wanna test if it is the rear brakes, just pull the handbrake while having the car moving, at low speed ofc. If you hear it, then it is the back brakes

Unless you driving a french car with handbrake on front wheels.

Last edited by Beduin (2010-04-07 18:42:38)

الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Reciprocity
that is fascinating.
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5221

VicktorVauhn wrote:

All brake pads will squeak under some conditions, its just the nature of what they are.

Are the ceramic pads OEM, or are they supposed to be a higher performance replacement? Any kind of performance pads will likely make even more noise.
i dont mind a little squeaking; this is pretty bad tho. i paid 75 for the pads. the guy at napa recommended them
13rin
+977|6449
How long has it been since your rotors have been resurfaced?  Are there 'waves' in them?

Remember a high pitch squeaking noise could be that little metal bar that will make contact with the rotor that indicates a break pad is low.  Back in the day I drove a car where when the conditions were right a thin film of rust would develop overnight and get scraped off by the pad -a squeaky sound was the result.

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2010-04-07 20:14:51)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5221

DBBrinson1 wrote:

How long has it been since your rotors have been resurfaced?  Are there 'waves' in them?

Remember a high pitch squeaking noise could be that little metal bar that will make contact with the rotor that indicates a break pad is low.  Back in the day I drove a car where when the conditions were right a thin film of rust would develop overnight and get scraped off by the pad -a squeaky sound was the result.
no clue. my friends dad who knows a lot about cars said everything looked fine
13rin
+977|6449

whaaaaaaaaaat wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

no clue. my friends dad who knows a lot about cars said everything looked fine
I try the cleaning procedures described in some of the above posts.  Mileage?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
LOG
dain bramaged
+51|6092|Punta Gorda,Florida
sounds like you forgot to use this... https://contentinfo.autozone.com/znetcs/product-info/en/US/ptx/80729/image/6/ i forgot once and had to pull them back off and put that stuff on them.
you learn the true meaning of life when you see houses and cars blow by like leaves on a windy day.
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5221
my jeep has 95k on it. gonna take the pads off and put that stuff on em. hopefully thatll help
CC-Marley
+407|6799
rotors!
13/f/taiwan
+940|5669

CC-Marley wrote:

rotors!
bingo. it will go away after a few weeks ig. nothing to be worried about.
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5221
he said the rotors look fine...
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6314

whaaaaaaaaaat wrote:

But they usually squeak if replaced. At least for a bit until the fit to the old pads.
So, even if they look fine, as in they work proeperly they might make noises.

Or, the pads are so run down, that the little copper (?) plate on top makes the noises, signaling a need for replacement.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

It could well just be that they need to bed in. So go somewhere where you can get up some speed and do some heavy breaking, and I'd imagine that it'll go away.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5669

Sisco10 wrote:

whaaaaaaaaaat wrote:

But they usually squeak if replaced. At least for a bit until the fit to the old pads.
So, even if they look fine, as in they work properly they might make noises.
Yeah man, we replaced the rotors for our car 2 weeks ago and they have been squeaking on/off ever since. I remember it happened 2 years ago with another car as well. It's nothing to worry about. After a while it should go away.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard