Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85

Ottomania wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

Can you provide a source to me which mentions about the instantaneous video communication between an attack helicopter and command?
You mean like the guy that was actually in Iraq saying there is video to go along with the audio? Or by your emphasis on instantaneous are you going to tell me that the speed of light isn't fast enough for you? Darn causality, makes everything so difficult.
I meant the transmission of video, on air.
Did you not just read what I said? A vet just said there is. Besides the fact that audio and visual is just a matter of bandwidth, how is that not enough?
Flaming_Maniac

ruisleipa wrote:

I'm glad you think it's funny. Actually, I think it shows a rather disturbing lack of humanity on your part.
Gooooood. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Ignore the point and call me names, yesssssss. Let the hate flow through you.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6543|Texas - Bigger than France

Ottomania wrote:

Pug wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

Can you provide a source to me which mentions about the instantaneous video communication between an attack helicopter and command?
Without googling, most likely there is, considering Predator drones are controlled in that fashion.

Do you still want proof?
It is predator drones. I asked for attack helicopters.
k, sorry.

I thought I'd just point out the technology exists.

But FM's right, why do you think that the command structure wasn't in place?
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6522|Istanbul-Turkey

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

You mean like the guy that was actually in Iraq saying there is video to go along with the audio? Or by your emphasis on instantaneous are you going to tell me that the speed of light isn't fast enough for you? Darn causality, makes everything so difficult.
Did you not just read what I said? A vet just said there is. Besides the fact that audio and visual is just a matter of bandwidth, how is that not enough?
I would prefer not to believe words of a vet who can say "And a few hundred of us were cheering on the deaths of the people on the screen.".
Any other sources?
BLdw
+27|5172|M104 "Sombrero"

-Sh1fty- wrote:

There was nothing to hide, and if it was hidden I assume it was to keep it away from people like you who have nothing better to do than try and point out the Americans are ruthless killers.
There's a reason why this wasn't made open for public sooner. You should ask yourself why this video was released now. It's also very interesting to notice how people react to "news" like these.
Flaming_Maniac

Ottomania wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

I would prefer not to believe words of a vet who can say "And a few hundred of us were cheering on the deaths of the people on the screen.".
Any other sources?
So despite the fact that that has no bearing on the issue, and ignoring common sense, you expect a source on an obscure fact that frankly I don't even know how to look for.

Yeah, no, you're wrong, now you're just trying to weasel your way out of it.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom

Ottomania wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

Any other sources?
now you know how I feel when you claim outrage at one thing and ignore the brutality of something else.  Awesome!
Tu Stultus Es
Pug

Ottomania wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

Any other sources?
Integrated sensors, networking, and digital communications for situational awareness, management of the combat arena in real time, and digital transmission of images and target locations to joint operations battlefield commanders

http://www.boeing.com/rotorcraft/milita … /index.htm

source above
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6522|Istanbul-Turkey

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Any other sources?
So despite the fact that that has no bearing on the issue, and ignoring common sense, you expect a source on an obscure fact that frankly I don't even know how to look for.

What the fuck? Why did I just become the guilty guy for asking a source?
Flaming_Maniac
nice Pug
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6765|d

Pug wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

"errr, Like no".

2. That doesn't justify their deaths which is what some of you are trying to do.
3. I did't see them pick up a gun ? correct me if i'm wrong.
How does it NOT justify their deaths?  If you are a non-combatant, do you think its wise to hang around with a target?

I didn't see them pick up a gun, but we have some audio to that regard.  We also have a missing segment in the video just before the pickup.  And we also have a biased source claiming there was no rpg but apparently there was because they edited that part out.  Forgive me if I make a leap of logic there.  But we also have an unmarked ambulance.  Now, with all of that, if the intention was to pick up wounded only and that's exactly what they were to do...then we are at an impass - we have an inconclusive video from an biased source.  You trust the source, I do not.
Not wise no. However no way does that justify killing innocent people.

Lets just look at the video and not think about "ifs", in order to retain some kind of scope. They went straight to pick up the wounded persons and not a weapon.

Also i don't think anyone said it was a ambulance, more that it was a passer by who noticed wounded people on the floor. And i don't see the video being "cut" at the time that the van arrived until they were killed.

Last edited by mafia996630 (2010-04-07 10:55:42)

Pug

Ottomania wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

Any other sources?

Because:
1) The pilots reported via radio.  That's command and control
2) The technology exists.  It's stupid to think commanders wouldn't want a video feed from a helicopter
3) You've seen Blackhawk Down, which featured the technology already
4) It has no bearing on anything, because the video shows the ROE was in effect because they used the radio

So why did we have to drive you out to the ocean to prove there's water in the ocean?

For what again?
Pug

mafia996630 wrote:

Lets just look at the video and not think about "ifs", in order to retain some kind of scope. They went straight to pick up the wounded persons and not a weapon.

Also i don't think anyone said it was a ambulance, more that it was a passer by who noticed wounded people on the floor. And i don't see the video being "cut" at the time that the van arrived until they were killed.
I think I explained it already.  You have a different opinion than mine.  I can live with the fact you are wrong.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6765|d

Pug wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

I think I explained it already.  You have a different opinion than mine.  I can live with the fact you are wrong.
Do your eyes deceive the logic ? They went to pick up bodies, end off.
ruisleipa
+149|6223|teh FIN-land

mafia996630 wrote:

he has no interest in logic
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6522|Istanbul-Turkey

Pug wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Because:
2) The technology exists.  It's stupid to think commanders wouldn't want a video feed from a helicopter
4) It has no bearing on anything, because the video shows the ROE was in effect because they used the radio

So why did we have to drive you out to the ocean to prove there's water in the ocean?

For what again?
1) so?
2)I didnt say it does not exist. Since this is not an major operation they might have not used the feature. I will re-watch video to have a clue.
3)Our subject video is not taken from a recon helicopter.
4) I know, I have just get into this because Shifty admitted that video communication was used as a decision tool to open fire.
Pug

ruisleipa wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

really?

it occurs to me that both of you live to bait americans for fun.

you display nothing but disrespect at every opportunity.  this isn't a debate at all, it's you guys being dense.

but okay, let's focus on the van.

why did the pilot say picking up weapons?

didn't see it?  why did he say that?

are they a target even if they didn't pick up a weapon?  we have a vet saying they are, yet lets continue focusing on it.

is this a good unbiased video feed?

was the van marked?

if the van wasn't marked was roe followed?

hmmm...i guess logic fails me
Pug

Ottomania wrote:

Pug wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

Because:

For what again?
1) so?
2)I didnt say it does not exist. Since this is not an major operation they might have not used the feature. I will re-watch video to have a clue.
4) I know, I have just get into this because Shifty admitted that video communication was used as a decision tool to open fire.
lol

ahh, so next time there's a video failure in the field, all helicopters are grounded for combat operations because they can't use the radio instead.  like there's no backup plan.  because radio isn't good enough to ask permission to fire.

makes sense to me
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6522|Istanbul-Turkey

Pug wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

Pug wrote:

Because:

For what again?
1) so?
lol

ahh, so next time there's a video failure in the field, all helicopters are grounded for combat operations because they can't use the radio instead.  like there's no backup plan.  because radio isn't good enough to ask permission to fire.

makes sense to me
Asking permission to fire does not make your shooting legal.
Pug
Otto, if I might ask, how does the video feed make a difference in this situation?

Why is it so important?

I mean, there's no video of the control room so therefore we don't know.  But why is it important?
Pug

Ottomania wrote:

Asking permission to fire does not make your shooting legal.
Yet there's the clip they edited out in Kerry's post that says otherwise.

So what's with the arguing?
ruisleipa
+149|6223|teh FIN-land

Pug wrote:

really?

you display nothing but disrespect at every opportunity.  this isn't a debate at all, it's you guys being dense.

are they a target even if they didn't pick up a weapon?  we have a vet saying they are, yet lets continue focusing on it.

was the van marked?

first off I couldn't care less if you're American or whatever.

disrespect? purleaaze.

No, he didn't see anyone picking up any weapons.

Was the van marked? NO. It was just some civilians who came to help someone shot to bits by the helicopter.

Who says they're a target?

Was roe followed? I dunno, maybe, like I said I don't really care about the roe that much as it has little to do with the morality of the situation.

Facts - here were no weapons when the guys came in the van to take away the wounded. The guy in the van was ONLY trying to get the wounded away.

Is it OK to fire on medical personnel or anyone fulfilling the role of medical personnel when they are NOT holding a weapon and are clearly showing NO idication of engaing in hostilities? NO IT ISN'T. Or maybe you think it is.

Yes. logic, and morality, fail you.
Pug
rus:
disrespect has to do with posting shit one-sided logic on a daily basis.  i think you do it with glee and purposeful.  otherwise you'd actually see that I never said I liked the result, and you wouldn't bait me into an argument by being insulting.  outrage?  yeah, i'm pissed they shot up the van.  but being pissed and understanding WHY are completely different.

But we have a vet on this forum that says they are legitimate targets.  Argue with him, since we both don't know what the roe are.

in the meantime, troll away

Last edited by Pug (2010-04-07 11:31:38)

mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6765|d

Pug wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

really?

was the van marked?

I prefer to wank off to your mother for fun, thank you very much! jk jk sry.

Fog of war maybe ? He wanted a higher score because that what it sounded like.

They can do no harm therefore how can they be a legit target ?

I don't think the feed has been edited as much as you like to believe, also there would be no feed if it wasn't for people like them, this whole thing would have been shoved under the rug. Truth should be revealed and its up to the people to decide.

Not marked as it was a civilian passer by ?

Can't comment on ROE.
Pug
mom's hot, don't blame u

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard