Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6711|FUCK UBISOFT

M.O.A.B wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

BF3 has been announced as an independant game, seperate from BC2 in an interview about BC2. So the claim that BC2 is BF3 is simply incorrect.
What the PC version is going to be, Battlefield 3, I think it’s going to absolutely blow everyone away, but I can’t tell you what it is, but it will blow people away.
"What the PC version is going to be" He's talking about the PC version of BFBC2. He inaccurately refers to it as BF3, perhaps BF3 was an early working title for BFBC2?
Or perhaps its because BF3 is going to be released on all platforms? As was rumoured? You know, like Crysis 2 is going to be?
I have no doubt that EA/DICE will release more battlefield games, and most will probably be released on all platforms. I simply doubt that they will ever release another true PC battlefield game. I'm also almost completely sure that guy was talking about BC2.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5837|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
Yea and my guess is they will all run slow on high end hardware just like GTA4 and BC2 because the code is optimized for consoles. Don't know why they think PC gaming is pretty much dead, that's the way it seems.
Hopefully the fact that PC gamers were by far the most to play BC2 will give them a bit of motive to make a PC only Battlefield. I reckon BF3 will be PC only (unless they have already said what platforms it'll be on)
I can't imagine a technical game like BF2 with large maps and jets etc being played on a console, surely they'd have to change it just like Modern Combat
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6711|FUCK UBISOFT

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

Yea and my guess is they will all run slow on high end hardware just like GTA4 and BC2 because the code is optimized for consoles. Don't know why they think PC gaming is pretty much dead, that's the way it seems.
Hopefully the fact that PC gamers were by far the most to play BC2 will give them a bit of motive to make a PC only Battlefield. I reckon BF3 will be PC only (unless they have already said what platforms it'll be on)
I can't imagine a technical game like BF2 with large maps and jets etc being played on a console, surely they'd have to change it just like Modern Combat
there's very little money in PC exclusives.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Miggle wrote:

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

Yeah, WoW is such a money pit...  StarCraft 2 will bomb of course...  And what's this Sims thing?

/sarcasm

Last edited by Ilocano (2010-03-15 16:50:52)

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6711|FUCK UBISOFT

Ilocano wrote:

Miggle wrote:

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

Yeah, WoW is such a money pit...  StarCraft 2 will bomb of course...  And what's this Sims thing?

/sarcasm
yeah, those are all exactly like battlefield.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Miggle wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Miggle wrote:

/sarcasm
I don't see Battlefield anywhere on that sentence.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black

Ilocano wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

/sarcasm
I don't see Battlefield anywhere on that sentence.
I don't see it anywhere on this website, in this forum section, in this thread title.

/sarcasm
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
very little money in pc exclusives?

fucking /facepalm

miggle you've lost all sense of perspective

games dont have to break records every time they launch for it to be a 'profitable' business.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6711|FUCK UBISOFT

Uzique wrote:

very little money in pc exclusives?

fucking /facepalm

miggle you've lost all sense of perspective

games dont have to break records every time they launch for it to be a 'profitable' business.
if more money can be made, won't it?
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5837|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
I know what Miggle means though, tons of people download pirate PC games even though you can't play online, plus PC games are a lot cheaper.
And everyone and their mum has a console now
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6711|FUCK UBISOFT

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

I know what Miggle means though, tons of people download pirate PC games even though you can't play online, plus PC games are a lot cheaper.
that's not what I mean at all.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

Farmville.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney

Miggle wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

BF3 has been announced as an independant game, seperate from BC2 in an interview about BC2. So the claim that BC2 is BF3 is simply incorrect.
What the PC version is going to be, Battlefield 3, I think it’s going to absolutely blow everyone away, but I can’t tell you what it is, but it will blow people away.
"What the PC version is going to be" He's talking about the PC version of BFBC2. He inaccurately refers to it as BF3, perhaps BF3 was an early working title for BFBC2?
I doubt he's talking about the PC version for BFBC2. The beta was already out when that interview was made (Feb 22, 2010). Hell, it was only 2 weeks before it was released so he must have been talking about BF3.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney

Ilocano wrote:

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

Farmville.
My mum is a Farmville nut.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6711|FUCK UBISOFT

Jaekus wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

I doubt he's talking about the PC version for BFBC2. The beta was already out when that interview was made (Feb 22, 2010). Hell, it was only 2 weeks before it was released so he must have been talking about BF3.
He's not saying "what the PC version of BF3 is going to be"

he's saying "what the PC version is going to be, battlefield 3,"

He's referring to the PC version of something as battlefield 3, which I can't imagine being anything but BFBC2
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Jaekus wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

Farmville.
My mum is a Farmville nut.
Microtransactions and addictive social games.  Just about a $billion business and growing...
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney

Miggle wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

He's referring to the PC version of something as battlefield 3, which I can't imagine being anything but BFBC2
Riiiiiight, so THAT'S why he stated this 2 weeks from the release, and after the beta was already playable. It all makes sense now

*facepalm*
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6711|FUCK UBISOFT

Jaekus wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Riiiiiight, so THAT'S why he stated this 2 weeks from the release, and after the beta was already playable. It all makes sense now

*facepalm*
that makes significantly more sense than him speaking about a game that probably doesn't even exist.
navi66
+8|5131

Poseidon wrote:

I'd say late 2010/early 2011 would be a good estimate
That would be good im still getting my ass owend on bf2...

Oh and getting my ass owned on single player easy mode thingy......

Bring on BF3 2011:)
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6575|Greenwood, IN
I hope its just going to be for PC and not for consoles as well.  I think thats whats going to sell me the game.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock

Naturn wrote:

I hope its just going to be for PC and not for consoles as well.  I think thats whats going to sell me the game.
as much as I would like that, I doubt it will be. I just hope if they do make a console version, they actually make a console verion like they did with BF2. Don't port it over.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Or if they do it'd be better if they made the PC version and then port it to console.

ie. make the good version first and then water it down for the masses...

Last edited by Jaekus (2010-03-29 04:50:20)

HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5453|Bolingbrook, Illinois
Next Battlefield Game Starting to Ramp Up?
Small hints of possibly the next Battlefield game are starting to show up. For example this tweet by DICE Senior QA Analyst, Tim Kjell asks for people in the Stockholm area if they would to try out a new DICE game.

DICE have also posted a new job listing looking for a Battlefield community manager.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

stormonster (Tim Kjell)
Do you live in Stockholm and want to try out a brand new DICE game in development next week? Let me know ASAP!

I am unable to comment on the actual game being played. But if you want part in shaping it, send me a tweet and be in Stockholm next week

OfficialBFBC2 DICE is looking for a Battlefield Community Manager. Think you have what it takes? Check out Job Openings at http://www.dice.se/

https://i42.tinypic.com/21e6on5.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vector
Missing in Action
+6|5505|Cerbere Landing
I can't remember if I replied to this, so I apologize if I am repeating myself, but this is good news. I must say I wasn't impressed with Battlefield 2, but I did like using the F2000 as assault... I am awaiting BF3... it should be cool. I'll be glad to use that F2000 again and hear people cry about the grenade launcher.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6335|California
Battlefield 3 will be set in 2025 and it will be released June 17th 2011

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard