Yes - 5 Euros/Month7%7% - 1
Yes - 1 Euro/Month28%28% - 4
No - I'll play but can't spare any cash28%28% - 4
Nope - the BF2s community is dead...i'll not be back.21%21% - 3
Total: 14
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6752

So to get a BC2 32 man server from id3net for 12 months it would cost us 629.30 euros or 52.44 euros/month.

I'm curious how many of you would be interested in making a contribution to get something like this up and running?  In the past we've had free servers, and maybe we can get a better price, but i don't think we have the same following as we did for bf2 so probably not the same sponsorship opportunities.

Personally, i'd be willing to contribute 300 Euros for a year long lease if there are enough people that are interested in doing this...being admins, playing, etc.  The issue isn't the cost of the server but if people are interested in getting a bf2s community back up and running...especially with bf3 around the corner!

Anyways, just curious what you guys think.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6145|Sydney | ♥

your donation matches my ping
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Hallvard
+262|6493|North Norway

I wish I could, but what little money I could spare for server donations goes to my clan.
gvers
Bad at BF:BC2
+109|6643|The Real World

I was thinking the same sort of thing last night and looking at server prices. I've gone for 5 euro a month but would go to 10. I think there has got to be enough interest from everyone for this and if there is it shouldn't be that hard to get 10 people contributing.

I'd keep it on a monthly contract as interest may fall off fairly quickly but it would make collecting the money harder.
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6713|Topside

I don't think that there will be enough people playing the game that are willing to pay for a server.
So my answer will be no.
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6680|Germany
I would say, let´s see how the whole story runs for a couple of month.
If the phenomenon  "BC2"  burns out as fast as  "2142"  did, there really is no need to get a server in the first place.
Additional to that, the BF2s community as it was before is pretty much dead, yes.
We tried to revive it many times, never worked out so well.

For my part I neither have the money, nor the time to take intsensive care of a server like I did with the old one.

Don´t get me wrong, if the wave comes around for a big new beginning, I will be there to help out, I´m
just very sceptical a this point of time.
Chou
+737|6761
I'd go with HellHead and watch the show for a couple of months to check the activity/success and at the most go with a 16 slot server for the time being.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

I agree with Hellhead ... lets see how this plays along first ...

Personally I just don't have "that" feeling about this game ... yet ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6713|Topside

Varegg wrote:

You need to play it first...
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6713|London

I didn't like the beta so I'm not going to be playing but you should at least check with i3d to see if they will sponsor one, they gave us a TF2 server last time.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6686|Germany

Varegg wrote:

yeah some mixture between bf2 and 2142.

I'm not gonna pay since my money is planned for other things and i dont have the time and "passion", hellhead would say otherwise , anymore to invest more time and effort compared to my other activities. i just dont feel it anymore.

4 years ago it was a different time. jesus... was it 4 years ago??? fuck me!

but we could ask the beer clan to get a channel or a proper introduction to your clan for using your TS3.
If that would be our place to meet during the weekends it would be some easier to get a hold of each other and get back the personal contact.
I'd be also available to contribute money for a ts2or3 server since this is not game related and has no hype involved.
i'd like that

Last edited by danCer (2010-03-07 02:30:26)

JahManRed
wank
+646|6599|IRELAND

I pay £5 per month because im in RIP clan. We have 2 BFBC2 Servers up and running.
Engineer_Fox
Has a horse outside
+48|5154|Hague City Firm - Holland
I don't have PayPal, even if I would, I can't Otherwise, when the internet problems are mostly solved, I wouldn't mind paying a couple of Euro's.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6752

alright, i think its clear that there's not enough interest for a bf2s server at this point.  that's okay, though i would still like to find a place to play with you guys.

i like the beer clan alot but i just hate hardcore mode so not sure how much i'll play there.   i just can't do both regular and hardcore at the same time cause it just feels like a completely different game to me.
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6699|Germany

I'd say there is enough interest and there are people who would spend a lot of time there, but I don't like the idea of renting a server.
It might sound strange, but if you have a certain group of people paying for a server, it creates a small elite. Those who are paying for it might want to have a server that meets their interests, causing trouble since we don't have (and don't want to have) stuctures like a clan.
We had some conflicts back in 2006, it might get worse if someone pays money.

If we get a free server, fine (do we have any certain infos yet?), if not, we'll find other places to play.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6752

well bf3 is on the way and it will be a made for PC game:
http://www.digitalbattle.com/2009/10/27 … -11-games/  --> check out game #1!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqx6nLpLbq8 --> skip to the end

i agree that bc2 will not be what bf2 was.  it is a great game but its not bf3.

tonight i played Squad Deathmatch (total 16): Four squads (of 4) and one Infantry Fighting Vehicle roam the map. First squad to fifty kills wins.  was honestly the best mode of any of the modes. 

from what i've seen, i would rank them as follows:

1) squad deathmatch
2) rush
3) conquest

i know that conquest is the bread and butter of bf universe but just doesn't seem as good compared to other modes.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6721

superfly_cox wrote:

i like the beer clan alot but i just hate hardcore mode so not sure how much i'll play there.   i just can't do both regular and hardcore at the same time cause it just feels like a completely different game to me.
We don't always play hardcore. When you log into ts, i will switch with you to softcore, and we can both then try to persuade the Norwegian to come with us! But we know how much he likes his Hardcore stuff
Hallvard
+262|6493|North Norway

theDude5B wrote:

superfly_cox wrote:

We don't always play hardcore. When you log into ts, i will switch with you to softcore, and we can both then try to persuade the Norwegian to come with us! But we know how much he likes his Hardcore stuff
Well BEER haven't got a server yet, not sure if our server is gonna be hardcore or softcore. Atm we're just invading the server of a clan we have connections with.
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6713|Topside

superfly_cox wrote:

Yeah I hate Hardcore as well and this is why I'm gaming on my own,cuz everybody else is playin HC...
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6721
Nah we have chilled out a bit with the Hardcore mode now. Hallvard is off playing some Lego game now, so me and Soup can pick and choose where to play!
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6680|Germany
Are you guys playing tonite ?
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6721
Probably only after 11pm gmt. But tomorrow I will be on pretty much the whole of the day
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6713|Topside

Don't know about tonight,and I'm working tomorrow so Sunday looks closest right now...
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6536|Area 51

Hallvard wrote:

I wish I could, but what little money I could spare for server donations goes to my clan.
This.
-MetaL*
Sup guies
+157|5605|Southern California
I'll probably put a few dollars in.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard