=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6357|California
i wuld liek 2 c u guise mak a game lit alne mke a $100 dough prfit
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

i wuld liek 2 c u guise mak a game lit alne mke a $100 dough prfit
I would make a game, but it sounds so HARD to implement advanced control features like lean, prone and crouch into modern video games. CoD6 isn't the only offender here (AvP3, BFBC2, I'm looking at YOU).
ruisleipa
+149|6213|teh FIN-land
you can go prone and crouch in BFBC2 surely?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6559|NYC / Hamburg

ruisleipa wrote:

no prone in BC2
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6618|Canada

max wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

no prone in BC2
hence me not buying it, if that wasnt added in, my hopes for fixes from the beta are slim...
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6357|California
who prones anymore? only noobs do
suck it up and learn how to walk
cuz dis game is liek pokemon
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6431|Brisbane, Australia

Comment on a G4 article about this:

https://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8897/hahahahahahahahahahahah.jpg

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Ha.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6335

destruktion_6143 wrote:

max wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

no prone in BC2
hence me not buying it, if that wasnt added in, my hopes for fixes from the beta are slim...
Playing the Beta, I can assure you, you don´t miss it. Yes, it´s weird at first, but it does improve gameplay. In this game at least. A toggle crouch should be added soon according to DICE, so sniping doesn´t kill your pinky anymore.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6459

Sisco10 wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

max wrote:

no prone in BC2
Playing the Beta, I can assure you, you don´t miss it. Yes, it´s weird at first, but it does improve gameplay. In this game at least. A toggle crouch should be added soon according to DICE, so sniping doesn´t kill your pinky anymore.
Yeah, if there was prone then everyone would be being useless on a hill. DICE said that they originally have prone in for PC but changed it back in November because of how much it allowed for camping.
Zukabazuka
+23|6677
Yeah sniper would be a lot worse problem dealing with, Lean hasn't been in any BF games so see no reason why it should be in the game.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

Are you being sarcastic, or are you really trying to tell people how to play a video game?

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Yeah, if there was prone then everyone would be being useless on a hill. DICE said that they originally have prone in for PC but changed it back in November because of how much it allowed for camping.
That's nonsense. People are just going to camp in tanks.

No more soft targets to countersnipe = BAD.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6537

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

Are you being sarcastic, or are you really trying to tell people how to play a video game?

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

That's nonsense. People are just going to camp in tanks.

No more soft targets to countersnipe = BAD.
There are enough explosives in the game that it's not really an issue. I get sniped enough by the crouching snipers, they are doing fine.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

There are enough explosives in the game that it's not really an issue. I get sniped enough by the crouching snipers, they are doing fine.
Still cuts out an element I loved from all the previous BF games: providing infantry-based overwatch from a low profile. I know BF isn't supposed to be a sim, but I think they're making it too arcadey.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5500|America

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

Still cuts out an element I loved from all the previous BF games: providing infantry-based overwatch from a low profile. I know BF isn't supposed to be a sim, but I think they're making it too arcadey.
One sniper can not provide sufficient overwatch in this game. It's fucking chaos on the BC2 battlefield.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Blade4509 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

One sniper can not provide sufficient overwatch in this game. It's fucking chaos on the BC2 battlefield.
*sigh*

In BF2 you couldn't cover the whole map as a sniper. However, you could set up shop and get rid of infantry while your squad runs up to take out airfield assets or capture a flag. Stay in one place too long and you usually get killed.

It balanced itself out, and I think it was a mistake to get rid of it. If I want pure arcade shooter action, I'll reinstall Unreal Tournament 3.

For one reason or another, people seem violently opposed to features they don't have to use, and react with hostility when someone does use them. I think some of these people have slipped into the development team.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2010-03-03 21:31:32)

TimmmmaaaaH

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Blade4509 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

*sigh*

In BF2 you couldn't cover the whole map as a sniper. However, you could set up shop and get rid of infantry while your squad runs up to take out airfield assets or capture a flag. Stay in one place too long and you usually get killed.

It balanced itself out, and I think it was a mistake to get rid of it. If I want pure arcade shooter action, I'll reinstall Unreal Tournament 3.

For one reason or another, people seem violently opposed to features they don't have to use, and react with hostility when someone does use them. I think some of these people have slipped into the development team.
I dont see how crouch sniping is suddenly less accurate than prone sniping.

I dont like to see features like prone cut for no reason, but the reasons I have read and the fact that the camping is particularly bad (or was) in the beta has made me agree with DICE.

Support snipers can still function fine crouching, it just stops a) prone spamming, b) faggot snipers who prone in a bush and never move.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

I dont like to see features like prone cut for no reason, but the reasons I have read and the fact that the camping is particularly bad (or was) in the beta has made me agree with DICE.

Support snipers can still function fine crouching, it just stops a) prone spamming, b) faggot snipers who prone in a bush and never move.
I'm not talking about accuracy. The low profile of being belly down was invaluable in Battlefield, and not just for sniping. Ever hit the dirt behind a bunch of sandbags and hope not to be seen by a roaming tank?

Removing prone from the controls because people were camping was the wrong solution. If it was really a problem, they should've devised something else, like a direction reveal for your enemies if you fire a gun twice in the same area.

Removing prone because people were camping is like removing run because people capture the flag too fast.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6335

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

I'm not talking about accuracy. The low profile of being belly down was invaluable in Battlefield, and not just for sniping. Ever hit the dirt behind a bunch of sandbags and hope not to be seen by a roaming tank?

Removing prone from the controls because people were camping was the wrong solution. If it was really a problem, they should've devised something else, like a direction reveal for your enemies if you fire a gun twice in the same area.

Removing prone because people were camping is like removing run because people capture the flag too fast.
I have to disagree with you. You don´t need the prone to be well hidden in this game. The different kinds of covers and terrain is well adapted to crouching, proning would just ruin this balance and take out a considerable amount of speed in the gameplay. And as sniper you should change position regularly anyways, especially with the killcam switched on.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
TimmmmaaaaH

I agree with Sisco.

The way you talk about it, it is clear you havent played the game.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6757|UK
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Im shit and can't kill snipers!"

Pretty much what your saying yeah.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6666|Canberra, AUS
Yeah i find it pretty easy to hide in bc2...

but why are we talking about prone here anyway?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5228|Cleveland, Ohio

max wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

no prone in BC2
fail
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6315|Graz, Austria
Could very well be real.

The same thing happened when Rockstar Vienna got shut down.
Locks had been exchanged and security guards were preventing the employees from entering.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6455|cuntshitlake

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Prone was only needed in BF2 to a) hide behind low cover b) cause shit hitreg to enemies c) dodge nades (head in wall) and claymores.

b and c are irrelevant in BC2 and a has been covered by providing more, and higher cover. I see no need for prone in that game. If you spent a lot of time prone as a sniper in BF2, you were probably a bad sniper.

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2010-03-04 05:37:04)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5500|America
No one cares about IW anyway. https://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff34/Blade4509/derailed.jpg
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard