Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6669

mtb0minime wrote:

I'm really liking this game so far. I've been way too used to the dumbed-down retarded mindless-ness of MW2 (don't get me wrong, it was good, mindless fun), but being able to work as a team and use team tactics is a breath of fresh air.

Also, people really really suck at this game right now. It's amazing. You'd think some of these players had played an FPS before, or one of the previous battlefields, but a lot of people seem to have only played MW2 and that's it. And they must've been terrible at it so they tried this one out and are experiencing a world of hurt.
Assault with the first gun and spraying?  Rushing tanks to get blown up?
NateW
my sigs worse than yours
+191|6134

mtb0minime wrote:

I'm really liking this game so far. I've been way too used to the dumbed-down retarded mindless-ness of MW2 (don't get me wrong, it was good, mindless fun), but being able to work as a team and use team tactics is a breath of fresh air.

Also, people really really suck at this game right now. It's amazing. You'd think some of these players had played an FPS before, or one of the previous battlefields, but a lot of people seem to have only played MW2 and that's it. And they must've been terrible at it so they tried this one out and are experiencing a world of hurt.
You can tell the people who have played a BF game before that's for sure.

I went out and picked it up for ps3, I haven't been in a squad yet where anyone else has a mic. Kind of sucks, but I can tell I'm being useful when I let my squad members know to spawn on me cause I'm next to an enemy flag or one of the few people left defending one. Pain in the beginning to not have the kit tools, like health, defibs, or ammo to begin with. It felt odd playing as a "medic" without being able to heal myself or anyone else. That being said it takes nothing to earn all those.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6744|FUCK UBISOFT

there are almost too many nods to cod4/6 in SP.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England

mtb0minime wrote:

I gotta admit I'm used to being at the top of the scoreboards playing the beta/demo, but when I play MW2, I always get my arse kicked. There's much more lag in MW2 (PS3) than in BC2. Plus the maps are very "turn a corner, see an enemy, they could be coming at any direction" whereas BC2 is more organised, the maps are just so much better

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2010-03-02 15:08:37)

OmniDeath
~
+726|6646

Anyone know where the singleplayer save files are located?
No/Yes
+14|5944|California, USA
3 Quick questions... (PC related)

Is there a demo so I can see if my computer can run it well?

And...

Is performance better for you guys compared to Beta?

Is it worth the 50$ or should I wait for the price to drop?

Last edited by No/Yes (2010-03-02 16:26:33)

Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6477|Foothills of S. Carolina

Don't think there is/was a demo for the PC, only the beta.
  Check http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/intro.aspx and see where it ranks your pc for the game.

As for the second question, I dunno, I am still waiting on my Steam download.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

Definitely a much better performance compared to the beta. In the beta I was getting ~30 fps whether I had all the settings on low or medium. Now I'm getting ~60 on medium with 2xAA and 4xAF. Joined an empty server with 8xAA and 16xAF and everything on high and was getting ~40 fps (but that's without much action going on). Oh, and it's at 1280x1024.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6669

How are you guys adding BF2142 to your Battlefield Veteran.  My BF2142 account is on my EA profile, but Battlefield Veteran isn't seeing it.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6661|The darkside of Denver
I fuckinh hate EA.
Canin

No/Yes wrote:

3 Quick questions... (PC related)

Is there a demo so I can see if my computer can run it well?

And...

Is performance better for you guys compared to Beta?

Is it worth the 50$ or should I wait for the price to drop?
Answer to question 3:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6832130256

Newegg has it for 46.00 and free shipping
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

Ilocano wrote:

How are you guys adding BF2142 to your Battlefield Veteran.  My BF2142 account is on my EA profile, but Battlefield Veteran isn't seeing it.
hasnt ever worked for me or many others, either
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5360|London, England
Man, medic has a machine gun now? I'll never have to play another class again!

All I ever played in bf2 was medic or support (point whore).
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Stimey
­
+786|6122|Ontario | Canada
man this game is so fuckin sick.
done the first two missions, looks gorge
can't wait to play more tommorow.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Canin

I prefer engineer, with a second as recon. Cant wait till tomorrow night so I can play BC2
TravisC555
+118|6221|Cox Convention Center, OK
Played a round of MP (think it was Squad Deathmatch or w/e you call it, maybe it was Conquest I dunno)  before I had to go to class. Now I'm gonna go play the SP

Last edited by TravisC555 (2010-03-02 20:25:32)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470
Running on full settings with dx11.

Shit looks better than Crysis.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6597|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
Really shitty release. Constant crashes, failure to connect to EA servers, punkbuster kicks, so on and so forth. once they get that shit fixed though it will be a solid game.
SealXo
+309|6538
does anyone else feel like everyone has more armor than them?

i mean wtf, took me 8 pistol shots to the head from 20 feet to take a guy down
Wallpaper
+303|5996|The pool

seymorebutts443 wrote:

Really shitty release. Constant crashes, failure to connect to EA servers, punkbuster kicks, so on and so forth. once they get that shit fixed though it will be a solid game.
Battlefield.

I wish I had some damn money to buy this game D:
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5511|America
This game is good, when I can connect, or even being able to log in consistently would be nice.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
SealXo
+309|6538

Blade4509 wrote:

This game is good, when I can connect, or even being able to log in consistently would be nice.
yup

or ill log in with no stats ffuuuu
Bevo
Nah
+718|6523|Austin, Texas
crouch toggle?
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6548
My biggest gripe is I can't see the fucking server pings, and the only proposed solution(run as administrator) doesn't do shit.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6345
Official realease trailer:

I lol´d.

Last edited by Sisco10 (2010-03-02 23:44:49)

https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard