GorillaKing798
Too legit to quit
+48|6121|Tampa, Florida

GorillaKing798 wrote:

Joined my 24 hour gym after having to quit MMA between work and school. I feel that I've gotten a lot stronger in about 1 month and a half, but I feel like I need to start following a program if I really want to see some good results. I currently weight 152, and my chest is pretty weak.

Bench: 125lbs x20
Pullups: 12 reps
Legpress: 360lbs x 10
Calf press: 360lbs. x 40
Curl: 25lbs. x 20
Fly:15lbs. x 14
Shrug: 40lbs x 5
Seated cable cruches: 65lbs x 20 (each side, straight down, left, right)
Captains Chair: 25 reps
Seen some great gains since I last posted. Moved everything up, benching around 170lbs now (max), leg press is up to 450lbs.
Started splitting my workouts up too, arms/chest day, legs/abs day. Used to just get it all done when I was starting but now workouts are getting way better.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6666|The darkside of Denver
Starting a new Pre-Workout. 

https://www.gymking.com.au/images/jack3d.jpg
USP Labs Jack3d.  A few of my body builder acquaintances/friends have recommended it. Starting tomorrow.  Will report.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6678|UK

PrivateVendetta wrote:

So it's not worth working out if you are still feeling it badly from the day before?
move onto a different body part, or light cardio.

You can't abuse the 'rest is good' mantra, for some there is a fine line between lazy and resting.  I personally take a whole week off every 3 months, and every 6 weeks only do cardio for the week before moving onto the next 6 week workout schedule.

....shits a science.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6559|Scotland
Yeah usual is 2 days without working out. So mon wed fri. But everyone's body is different. If you cant lift the same or more than last time then pack up and go home.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6559|Scotland
Come on guys, we need more posts!
SonderKommando

White-Fusion wrote:

Come on guys, we need more posts!
Agreed.  Been sooooo busy lately,  still hitting all my lifts.  But work and wife got me too busy to be arsed with BF2s.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6773|UK
Sucks that i dont have more time. Cant do mondays got bball, do tuesday, break, do thursday, break, never wake up on time at the weekend.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5771|Belgium
Gym closed for a week again - keeping it cool at home with some sit and push ups
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6650|England
Alright, I'll bite.

I've been a fat fucker my entire life more or less. I started talking to a really nice girl back in November at my school and resolved I would get fit by this Easter (or at least fitter) and would ask her out/ask her to Prom.

Now in December I started using the treadmill at home and doing a few jogs every other day. In January though I really started. I go to the school gym every Thursday and Tuesday. Play Badminton on Wednesday and do 20 mins on the treadmill alternating 2 mins running/jogging at 6mph and 2 mins walking to recover every Monday and Wednesday and some Fridays. I've talked to a friend outside school who was looking to start going to a local gym and it looks like we might get memberships and go on Mondays Wednesdays and Sundays.

At the gym I've got into a routine where I start doing 2km on the rowing machine. A bit of resistance machines, then a 15 minute cycle followed by free weights. When I started in Jan I was curling 8kg and benching 12 kg per arm. Now in Feb I am curling 12 and benching 18. I've seen good improvement in my arm muscles (real definition but still buried beneath fat) and have been able to fit into old shirts.

I don't feel motivated to give up the gym at all. Nothing can stop me because I have that goal of being a better looking person for that girl.

But Bf2s I need you help to give me a diet to go on. Ive cut out the high fat snacks and have reduced my Diet Coke consumption and am slowly replacing it with water (Im pretty addicted to the coke though so itll take time to fully get off it).

Giving me something to work on with like recommendations for breakfast and dinner would be best. Also general gym recommendations would be awesome.

Thanks for listening to me I guess

Last edited by Sgt.Davi (2010-02-15 15:49:38)

>rush.Durex
Banned
+38|5212

Sgt.Davi wrote:

Alright, I'll bite.

I've been a fat fucker my entire life more or less. I started talking to a really nice girl back in November at my school and resolved I would get fit by this Easter (or at least fitter) and would ask her out/ask her to Prom.

Now in December I started using the treadmill at home and doing a few jogs every other day. In January though I really started. I go to the school gym every Thursday and Tuesday. Play Badminton on Wednesday and do 20 mins on the treadmill alternating 2 mins running/jogging at 6mph and 2 mins walking to recover every Monday and Wednesday and some Fridays. I've talked to a friend outside school who was looking to start going to a local gym and it looks like we might get memberships and go on Mondays Wednesdays and Sundays.

At the gym I've got into a routine where I start doing 2km on the rowing machine. A bit of resistance machines, then a 15 minute cycle followed by free weights. When I started in Jan I was curling 8kg and benching 12 kg per arm. Now in Feb I am curling 12 and benching 18. I've seen good improvement in my arm muscles (real definition but still buried beneath fat) and have been able to fit into old shirts.

I don't feel motivated to give up the gym at all. Nothing can stop me because I have that goal of being a better looking person for that girl.

But Bf2s I need you help to give me a diet to go on. Ive cut out the high fat snacks and have reduced my Diet Coke consumption and am slowly replacing it with water (Im pretty addicted to the coke though so itll take time to fully get off it).

Giving me something to work on with like recommendations for breakfast and dinner would be best. Also general gym recommendations would be awesome.

Thanks for listening to me I guess
This is what I base my diet on:

Diet:

Breakfast:
Porridge with honey
500ML water
2 pieces of fruit
1 scoop whey protein

Lunch:
2 sandwiches/1 roll with 2 salads, 1 meat and butter/mayo (preferably brown bread)
1000ML water
2 pieces of fruit
1.5 scoops whey protein

Dinner:
Healthy option with lean meat and vegetables
500ML water
1 piece of fruit
1.5 scoops whey protein

Avoid:
Fried food
Chocolate
Crisps
Chips
Battered food
Chinese/Indian
Over 4 cans of beer/weekend night
Pizza
Very fatty meats
Over 2 cups of tea/day
m3thod
+2,197|6678|UK
whey protein is a supplement you're placing too much emphasis on obtaining your protein from it.  First and foremost obtain your protein from whole sources.  eggs, fish, beef, chicken, cottage cheese, etc

Have a shake in between meals, after a workout. etc
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6773|UK
thats what i was thinking. i find diets way too regimented anyway, i just eat large healthy meals, its not hard although I do have the advantage of a very fast metabolism hence why i grew to 6"6'.
SonderKommando

m3thod wrote:

whey protein is a supplement you're placing too much emphasis on obtaining your protein from it.  First and foremost obtain your protein from whole sources.  eggs, fish, beef, chicken, cottage cheese, etc

Have a shake in between meals, after a workout. etc
Meth is right. See my diet a few pages back Irish. It's helped me gain loads of lean muscle.
Had such a good shoulder day. My delts are on FIRE right now!!!
androoz
Banned
+137|5220|United States
deadlift/back day today.

motherfuuu i hate deadlifts but gotta do em.
SonderKommando

androoz wrote:

deadlift/back day today.

motherfuuu i hate deadlifts but gotta do em.
Lulz deadlifts are win.. Hate doing convincing myself to do them but man I feel like an animal lifting 400+ off the floor!
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6816|Marathon, Florida Keys
creatine is awesome, 6 pounds in 5 days. Of course its probably a lot of water weight.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
m3thod
+2,197|6678|UK
Yeah, it's just a cell volumiser.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6360|Troy, New York

h4hagen wrote:

Can I get peoples opinions on this workout: (been doing it for awhile now)
4 X 10 Bench Press
3 X 10 Invert Press
3 X 10 Military Press
3 x 10 Flys
3 X 10 Curls
3 X 10 Triceps  - not sure of name, knee on bench, other leg out behind, back parallel to floor, upper arm parallel to body, extend lower arm out parallel to body and back again)
3 X 10 Leg Press
3 X 10 Lat Pulls
3 X 10 Sit-ups
3 X 10 Leg Extension
3 X 10 Leg Curl

And then I try to run a couple miles 2-3 times a week, will step that up more with warmer weather as well.

Obviously increasing in weight and so forth as I go along. I'm fairly new to the whole deal (coming up on two months now) and have gone every other day without missing once so far in that time period. I'm 16 now, will be 17 in April, and don't have much knowledge at all on this, so just wondering if there's anything I could be doing better.

Thanks all.
Ive stuck with this for coming up on 3 months now (with a couple of things added and a few more sets here and there) and am really starting to see huge improvements over when I started in terms of my ability to lift, and am getting in noticeably better shape.
So nothing really new or interesting, just woot
SonderKommando

SonderKommando wrote:

Starting a new Pre-Workout. 

http://www.gymking.com.au/images/jack3d.jpg
USP Labs Jack3d.  A few of my body builder acquaintances/friends have recommended it. Starting tomorrow.  Will report.
Review:

I give this my recommendation. Using it for pre-workout for a few training days now and As a pre-workout it's exceeded my expectations.
Pros:
-unprecedented energy rush
-minimal onset time (15 prior to workout)
- blood gorging pumps. Muscles pump big, quick, induces roadmap vascularity.
- Creatine Monohydrate complex
- small serving size/ 45 servings
- relatively cheap
Cons
- no whey isolate
- almost too intense of energy. Last long after lift
- taste is pretty terribad
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6163|Vancouver | Canada
Question:
Is yogurt mixed with rolled oats good for bulking up, or am I wasting my time (and money)?
SonderKommando

DefCon-17 wrote:

Question:
Is yogurt mixed with rolled oats good for bulking up, or am I wasting my time (and money)?
its good.  Try using greek yogurt though, its got substantially more protein.
baggs
+732|6211

h4hagen wrote:

h4hagen wrote:

Can I get peoples opinions on this workout: (been doing it for awhile now)
4 X 10 Bench Press
3 X 10 Invert Press
3 X 10 Military Press
3 x 10 Flys
3 X 10 Curls
3 X 10 Triceps  - not sure of name, knee on bench, other leg out behind, back parallel to floor, upper arm parallel to body, extend lower arm out parallel to body and back again)
3 X 10 Leg Press
3 X 10 Lat Pulls
3 X 10 Sit-ups
3 X 10 Leg Extension
3 X 10 Leg Curl

And then I try to run a couple miles 2-3 times a week, will step that up more with warmer weather as well.

Obviously increasing in weight and so forth as I go along. I'm fairly new to the whole deal (coming up on two months now) and have gone every other day without missing once so far in that time period. I'm 16 now, will be 17 in April, and don't have much knowledge at all on this, so just wondering if there's anything I could be doing better.

Thanks all.
Ive stuck with this for coming up on 3 months now (with a couple of things added and a few more sets here and there) and am really starting to see huge improvements over when I started in terms of my ability to lift, and am getting in noticeably better shape.
So nothing really new or interesting, just woot
Thats not a bad looking programme, but i would recommend adding pull ups, squats, deadlifts and good old press ups. They are the bread and butter of any good workout programme.

Don't be afriad to mix your workout up either, a few curve balls here and there will keep your muscles guessing. Try some pre-exhaust workouts too, will fuck you up but you'll feel better for it
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6773|UK

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

creatine is awesome, 6 pounds in 5 days. Of course its probably a lot of water weight.
2 stone in 2 months without any gainers, only started using whey protein in the last week of that.
m3thod
+2,197|6678|UK

SonderKommando wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Question:
its good.  Try using greek yogurt though, its got substantially more protein.
Good choice.  Try the 2% or 0% fat versions (we have total in the UK)

Other excellent forms of low fat & high protein dairy is quark (mix with low fat chocolate drink to taste better) and cottage cheese (watch for salt levels, dont know how to make it taste better cos i cant stand it)
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5771|Belgium
Ok guys, I've been trying deadlifts for a while now.. Watched quite a few youtube vids (including the rippetoe or w/e one), but I just can't get it down right. As soon as I try to lift the weight I can feel it pulling on my back

Any advice?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard