Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar … p;site=cvg

"We've got DLC coming for Left 4 Dead 1, following [The Passing DLC] that tells you how the Left 4 Dead 1 surviors got there," Valve's Chet Faliszek told CVG.

"The whole of Left 4 Dead leaves you in a little bit of a mystery as to some of what happens - not least when you kind of see a little bit of the tail-end of the Left 4 Dead 1 story, as you get on your way to [L4D2 campaign] Dark Carnival.
I don't really care, this game is dead to me, but I thought i'd post it anyway so people know.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85
If they're delivering what they promised in the first place then they're back on the nice list, even if it took them quite a while.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
I disagree. It's just too late to save the game now. It really is. They made their choice to abandon the first game as soon as it was released and the game suffered greatly for it. The community is dead. The gameplay hasn't changed at all since release and it was half stale then. Little has been done to try and balance or fix the gameplay. Fundamental problems with the game that have been there since day 1 are still present.

Adding a new campaign is going to do nothing for the game at this point. It's just too late. The game is beyond repair.

Well I say beyond. I mean beyond anything they're going to do. Merging 1+2 into one large game where everyone has everything and the community is whole once again would go a long way towards making up for their disasterous past choices, but they're not going to do that. They killed the first game by releasing the 2nd. Releasing a campaign isn't going to help anything at this stage.

Edit:
And before anybody accuses me of complaining for the sake of it, deciding that nothing is ever going to be good enough etc, how about a good old analogy. You promise someone you'll look after your horse. You promise that you'll look after it and feed it loads of lovely carrots! instead you half starve the horse for a whole year, and then shoot it in the head exactly a year after you took it into your care.

Then you start giving it the carrots. They're not very much use now are they?

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2010-02-11 14:15:09)

Brasso
+1,549|6601

if its free as usual, then sure
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5759|Catherine Black
Meh, since L4D2 came out I've never been interested in L4D1.. the game is dominated by the auto-shotty, nothing compares to it, and every level is about finding one and then killing everything with ease until the end of the level. At least the auto-shotties in L4D2 are balanced with the other weapons, I'd much rather take a SCAR-L over a Spas, for example.

Last edited by Finray (2010-02-11 15:50:53)

https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Yellowman03
Once Again, We Meet at Last
+108|6205|Texas
It sucks for the people who bought l4d2. For those of us who never did, I welcome this with open arms.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I disagree. It's just too late to save the game now. It really is. They made their choice to abandon the first game as soon as it was released and the game suffered greatly for it. The community is dead. The gameplay hasn't changed at all since release and it was half stale then. Little has been done to try and balance or fix the gameplay. Fundamental problems with the game that have been there since day 1 are still present.

Adding a new campaign is going to do nothing for the game at this point. It's just too late. The game is beyond repair.

Well I say beyond. I mean beyond anything they're going to do. Merging 1+2 into one large game where everyone has everything and the community is whole once again would go a long way towards making up for their disasterous past choices, but they're not going to do that. They killed the first game by releasing the 2nd. Releasing a campaign isn't going to help anything at this stage.

Edit:
And before anybody accuses me of complaining for the sake of it, deciding that nothing is ever going to be good enough etc, how about a good old analogy. You promise someone you'll look after your horse. You promise that you'll look after it and feed it loads of lovely carrots! instead you half starve the horse for a whole year, and then shoot it in the head exactly a year after you took it into your care.

Then you start giving it the carrots. They're not very much use now are they?
I'm not saying it's good, but I am willing to forgive.

If they realized from the community reaction to L4D2 that they fucked up and this is their way of acknowledging that and trying to make amends, then I'm okay with that. Everyone screws up every now and then. If Valve looks at this and understands it is a blemish on their otherwise good record, then I'm willing to buy another game similar to how they released L4D, giving minimal content at release date but promising more to come.

If they hadn't done something like this or if this turns out poorly, then I really doubt I would buy a product like that again. It's a sign of goodwill to me if nothing else.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Yeah.

All I need to know is who is handling it. If Valve release another 'low content, big promises' game in the future and it's being handled by the TF2 team for example, then i'm all for it. I'll be first in line.

But ANYTHING made by Turtle Rock, and no. Just no. I've learned the hard way that they're not to be trusted. I'm not saying I'll never buy them, but I definitely won't at launch. I'm going to be playing 'wait and see' with the Left 4 Dead team's games in the future. Which I think is a very reasonable approach.

Valve's singleplayer games don't count obviously and i'll be first in line for them too.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2010-02-11 16:27:13)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard