Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5283|San Angelo, TX
So my cousin downloaded a TF2 hack last week because he's a shit idiot like that.  He brought his gaming laptop over to my place over the weekend so we could LAN it up and I must say.....these hacks of his.....explained a LOT.

A few notable things about it that may interest you:

1. The ability to backstab while still invisible.
2. The ability to stay invisible forever.
3. The ability to see cloaked spys and disguised spys.
4. Wallhack.
5. Sniper Aimbot.
6. 50% more criticals.
7. Standard see what peoples health is.
8. Slight speed buff.
9. Able to heal off of enemy dispensers when not a spy.

Just fucking wow.  After watching him, and then watching other people playing I can tell there are a FUCKING SHIT TON of people using this shit.  Ever been backstabbed and the freeze cam shows the spy fully cloaked running away?  Ever seen the cloaked spy BACKSTABBING someone in your freeze-cam?  Or sapping a sentry?  I always thought these were just material lags. 

Ever noticed that some people always seem to be able to pick the spy out of the crowd....everytime?  i sat and watched Gamble shoot a disguised and cloaked spy in the head from across the map.  I always thought this was just bad luck.

Ever notice that some demomen will have stickies up in the most oddball part of the map and the freeze-cam will show them somewhere completely different?  I always thought these were just really clever people.

I was completly dumbfounded.  I've seen hacks in other games, fuck I've used hacks in other games but this, this was so evil because it looked so legit.  You can tell when someone is hacking in BF2 or CSS, it's obvious and easy to spot or catch onto, but these were so blatant yet at the same time hardly noticable due to the choatic nature of TF2.  You die so randomly so often in TF2 you really don't stop to think if the kill was legit or not, mostly it's passed as a fluke or something.  Well from what I witnessed, there aren't as many flukes as you think. 

When you got two soldiers running towards the tunnel on goldrush and they both stop and look at each other through a wall and then wait for the other to make a move or two snipers trying to shoot each other through the tiny microscopic cracks of the walls on 2fort without exposing themselves, it becomes inherently apparent that a LOT of people are using this.

I feel like my innocence was lost.  TF2 always seemed like a fairly hack free game.  Now it's just another valve failureVAC fuckfest in my eyes.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6660
VAC doesn't ban instantly.
3 weeks from now he will not be able to play TF2 online.

Didn't you ragequit from TF2 because you couldn't figure out how to double jump properly? you're reading into people who don't suck at this game too much.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6477
lol double jumps
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6277

Iconic Irony wrote:

Just fucking wow.  After watching him, and then watching other people playing I can tell there are a FUCKING SHIT TON of people using this shit.  Ever been backstabbed and the freeze cam shows the spy fully cloaked running away?
This can be done by instantly cloaking after the backstab.

Iconic Irony wrote:

Ever seen the cloaked spy BACKSTABBING someone in your freeze-cam?  Or sapping a sentry?  I always thought these were just material lags.
Nope .

Iconic Irony wrote:

Ever noticed that some people always seem to be able to pick the spy out of the crowd....everytime?
I can pick a Spy out of a croud. Every time. They are incredibly obvious.

Iconic Irony wrote:

i sat and watched Gamble shoot a disguised and cloaked spy in the head from across the map.  I always thought this was just bad luck.
Ok now that is usually sure evidence of hacking. Anybody that headshots a cloaked enemy Spy more than once will have the entire server on him within minutes. I've gotten the odd headshot on a cloaked Spy by accident, but anybody consistently doing it will be kicked from the server.

Iconic Irony wrote:

Ever notice that some demomen will have stickies up in the most oddball part of the map and the freeze-cam will show them somewhere completely different?  I always thought these were just really clever people.
I've done that once or twice completely by accident . But yes sometimes Demomen are miles away and still kill you when you run on stickies.

I think that you're seeing people hacking everywhere now, whereas the vast majority of the time its little more than knowing the game. Do some people hack? Obviously, but I don't really care. None of those hacks give you much of an advantage without giving yourself away, and then admins can deal with them.

And yes. In a few weeks your brother will no longer be able to play TF2.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-12-30 11:07:59)

Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5283|San Angelo, TX

Lucien wrote:

Didn't you ragequit from TF2 because you couldn't figure out how to double jump properly? you're reading into people who don't suck at this game too much.
I suck?  LOL.

STEAMID: sobcougar

Add me.  When you see me on and feel froggy, feel free to jump into my e-fist.  Any game we both own, anytime, anywhere.

LOL
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6475

Iconic Irony wrote:

Lucien wrote:

I suck?  LOL.

Add me.  When you see me on and feel froggy, feel free to jump into my e-fist.  Any game we both own, anytime, anywhere.

LOL
I wish I am as cool as you when I grow up.
Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5283|San Angelo, TX

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Iconic Irony wrote:

Lucien wrote:

I suck?  LOL.

LOL
Don't hate.  Putting your money where your mouth is, is considered a good thing in most places.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6163|Vancouver | Canada
I haven't seen any of that.

..and the occasional hacker that we get in my most-frequented server usually gets admin abused until they rage-quit.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6714|67.222.138.85

Iconic Irony wrote:

...to my place over the weekend so we could LAN it up...
He was able to use the hacks online right?
Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5283|San Angelo, TX

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Iconic Irony wrote:

...to my place over the weekend so we could LAN it up...
He was able to use the hacks online right?
Yes, of course.  By LAN I mean, just bringing his laptop over to game at my house online together.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6475

Iconic Irony wrote:

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Iconic Irony wrote:

I suck?  LOL.

LOL
Don't hate.  Putting your money where your mouth is, is considered a good thing in most places.
And acting tough over the internet usually isn't.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6277
Can't you guys act civilised in one single god damn thread.

No matter what the subject matter is. Every. Single. Time.
Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5283|San Angelo, TX

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Can't you guys act civilised in one single god damn thread.

No matter what the subject matter is. Every. Single. Time.
Screw you.  Get out.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6604|Seattle

https://i49.tinypic.com/2vxfzvk.gif
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard