Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
seal you're so kewl
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

don't you just hate when the page turns over and you haveta go back one to see the previous comment?
anyways, it sounds like
a) i'll have to see this movie given the wide range of comments, and
b) sealxo is so fucked if his girlfriend dumps him.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6736|Toronto | Canada

I had a 3 hour eyegasm.  Wow that was fucking amazing.

Great story, incredible visuals... definitely one of the best movies I've ever seen.  Definitely going to see that many, many times
VicktorVauhn
+319|6389|Southern California

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Not reading any more, fuck off without spoiler tags anyone below me
I love people who come into threads about movies after they are released... then complain about spoilers.

Especially in a thread like this, that even clearly states its about people who have seen it.
A thread about a movie for people who have seen it... What did you expect to be discussed?
zeidmaan
+234|6412|Vienna

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Only 13 year olds care about fucking CGI. "Special Effects" haven't been special since the 90's. So tell me, is the actual movie any good?
Believe it or not but most people do care about visuals. Im not talking about explosions are space ships and giant robots. Scenes in the movie are just artistically beaufitull. They are not amazing because they are in CGI, they are amazing because they are amazing. Scenes of nature could compete against the best National Geographic photos

All my friends that watched it, loved it and were amazed by it. And they are all in 25-30 age group. Every part of the movie is good. Story, sound, acting, cinematography. As I said well worth the money so it would be best that you judge it for yourself.
Microwave
_
+515|6652|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
I think it's the 'cool' thing to hate on film which are genuinely an amazing work of art. Some of the critics' comments I've read are ridiculous....it's ok to like a hyped up, popular film people..!
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6625|UK

zeidmaan wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

I've heard that the plot is entirely predictable, and that overall the film isn't very good at all.
I honestly thing is just elitist bashing of anything not european/artsy/twilightly...

I just got back from watching it and its truly awesome. Visually its better than any movie I have ever seen, and I have been an avid movies fan for 20 years - first 7 it was just cartoons

The 3d is amazingly done and tbh I cant wait for more movies done like Avatar. Its not just things flying "towards" you to scare you. Even the simple dialogue scenes are imersive due to depth of field. And forest scenes are

The real actors did a good job and to me the CGI characters were very good as well. They are so real that you forget they are not. They move very realistically and their facial expressions successfully convey an array of emotions.

Even though it is kind of predictable, the story is great. The whole idea at the core of the story is quite interesting. I wont go in to details but I will just say that much more time was allocated to story telling than I expected.

Overall 9/10 and worth every penny (cent).
Fair enough. I plan on seeing it - I was just stating what I'd heard from a couple of friends.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5471|Ventura, California
So I'm going to go see it in 3D today. How's the action scenes? The story line? Any sexy times?

So many unanswered questions from watching the trailers and exclusive scenes.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Benzin
+576|5996

-Sh1fty- wrote:

So I'm going to go see it in 3D today. How's the action scenes? The story line? Any sexy times?

So many unanswered questions from watching the trailers and exclusive scenes.
Just watch the movie. I doubt you will really find a part of the movie that will disappoint you.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5471|Ventura, California
Alright

I actually tried to go early yesterday to buy the tickets in advance (avoid long lines right? ) except they were sold out for the entire day
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6576|Columbus, OH
There are very few movies I buy to own because either they are good or for the special effects. I would be buy Avatar on Blu-Ray just for the special effects. The movie storyline is mediocre and probably not enough to watch this movie over and over again....maybe once in a blue moon. IMO - the movie (story line) is like a run-of-the-mill Disney movie (story line).

Last edited by loubot (2009-12-20 07:53:16)

tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6172|Sydney | ♥

Great Movie, Great Storyline, but predictable.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6220|Escea

ghettoperson wrote:

Can't be as predictable as Titanic.
I honestly thought it was going to make it to New York
T1g3r217
Perpetual
+124|6419|My room
Great movie, I'm definitely going to see it again. 9.7/10

D9 was better, though, imo.
Benzin
+576|5996

T1g3r217 wrote:

Great movie, I'm definitely going to see it again. 9.7/10

D9 was better, though, imo.
District 9 was very good. I think District 9 was as good as it was BECAUSE of the story. Avatar has a good story, predictable in many ways, but it doesn't take away from the movie itself. Again, very enjoyable.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6535|Long Island, New York
going to see it in IMAX in about 3 hours
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6535|Long Island, New York
Hooooooooooooly shit.

Just saw it (in IMAX, like I said) and it is quite easily THE BEST movie of 2009. I didn't think anything would beat Watchmen or Inglourious Basterds but goddamn this just takes the cake and shoves it down it's throat. Everything about it was just amazing. Amazing story, breathtaking visuals, incredible character development, not a dull moment in the whole damn movie. I had my doubts about it when I first saw the preview but holy shit James Cameron has quite possibly pulled off one of his best.

I think it's even more amazing that people thought it was just as incredible as I did seeing it normally. At this point I can't imagine seeing it non-IMAX/3D.

10/10, wholeheartedly.
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6593|Toronto-Canada
I tend to like Poseidon movie reviews,
so i'm going to give this a try.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466
IMAX sucks.

3D really sucks.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6739|FUCK UBISOFT

I'd like to know what movies/games Poseidon hasn't enjoyed.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

3D really sucks.
Runs_with_sciss0rs
Well butter my buscuit
+121|6189|14072

IMAX sucks.

3D really sucks.
For the movie, or just in general?

I saw this in the regular film, I've never been to the IMAX
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466

Runs_with_sciss0rs wrote:

IMAX sucks.

3D really sucks.

Just in general, I haven't seen Avatar and I don't know whether or not I want to.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

Runs_with_sciss0rs wrote:

IMAX sucks.

3D really sucks.

for me, in general. my wife saw the game on a store shelf, and asked "what's this about?" and i said it was based on a movie. now she wants to see it . . .
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
3d has come a long way... give it a chance.

i saw Up in 3d recently and the technology was great. film was simple fun, too. looking forward to avatar.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard