Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Nice PC wallpaper. Think i'll use it for a bit. Shame it's the wrong size.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-12-11 17:20:35)

HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5454|Bolingbrook, Illinois
Bad Company 2 Won't Block Party Chat
MTV Multiplayer Blog spoke with DICE producer, Gordon Van Dyke about party chat in Bad Company 2.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

At an event in NYC last night, I spoke with DICE's Gordon Van Dyke about the upcoming release of "Battlefield: Bad Company 2." Given the thematic similarities with the recently-released "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2," I was curious whether DICE was looking to follow Infinity Ward's lead when it came to preventing people from using party chat on the Xbox 360. Here's what Gordon had to say:

"We are ok with [party chat]. We haven't taken a stance, being against it and feeling like people are cheating. Is it worth putting a restriction on it that affects everbody? I don't think [cheating with party chat is] that big of an issue, that I've seen, where we have to worry about that."

To be sure, I asked him, point blank, whether there's any chance they'd be blocking party chat in multiplayer matches. His response: "No." Read the rest...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
HaiBai
Developer Blog - A Beta Release is Born
DICE developer Mikael Hedberg explained the reasoning behind not patching the beta build of Bad Company 2 and how resources are directed more at the final build.

I’ve had a few minutes here and there to keep tabs on the EA UK forum for the BFBC2 PS3 beta, and toss in a few answers here and there. One thread turned into a discussion on the pros and cons of patching vs not patching the beta build.

There’s a limited amount of internal stability testing we can do. That testing can run down most things, but can’t test large-scale things (like server backends and what happens when 5000 people all log in at once). So, we get three things out of the beta: backend/large-scale stability tech testing, large-scale balance data and feedback from people.

I understand that people would rather see us implement our fixes resulting from all three directly into the beta. But putting out an update of the beta would require us to use up some of our internal testing to make sure the beta update is good enough. If sending a broken build to 100 people is bad, sending a broken build to 10000 people is a lot worse. Read the rest...

_Dominiko_PL
TITS or gtfo.
+97|6491|Polish state of EU
yeah we have RSS feeds too... dude...
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black

_Dominiko_PL wrote:

Some of us don't. I find his posts useful. Shut up.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
-MetaL*
Sup guies
+157|5604|Southern California

Finray wrote:

_Dominiko_PL wrote:

Some of us don't. I find his posts useful. Shut up.
What Finny said and I hate your fucking avatar.
Oldirti
+10|6089
I love his avatar >_>
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
Is there still gonna be an open beta for PC, is so when's it out?
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

coke wrote:

Is there still gonna be an open beta for PC, is so when's it out?
Early next year. It was delayed from late December.
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6324|West NY

Oldirti wrote:

I love his avatar >_>
i love your sig
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

mad max?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438

AussieReaper wrote:

mad max?
Holy fuck way, I just noticed that.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.
-MetaL*
Sup guies
+157|5604|Southern California
From what I've read January 11th is the beta for PC.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6144|Sydney | ♥

tazz., 1 year 1 month ago wrote:

tbh i think i have EA sussed out.

I think 1.5 patch is already made, ready to be released, complete if you will, they're waiting.

Waiting for BF3 (Or whatever its gonna be called) to be complete, and ready for shelves.

They will then release the patch, acting like THE NEW BF2 or some shiz, to bring people back, get the addicted again, then release BF3 (Or whatever its gonna be called) Giving them + Sales and monies

amirite?
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
GullyFoyle
+25|5357
PC Beta news (confirmation?):

http://twitter.com/bfradionet/status/6643245627

bfradionet, Battlefield Radio, 3:19 PM Dec 13th from web wrote:

@Demize99 Won a BFBC2 Beta Key for PS3 a while back. Don't own a PS3 currently. Wondering, can I get BFBC2 PC Beta during the first wave?
http://twitter.com/Demize99/status/6655393452

Demize99, Alan Kertz, 11:25 PM Dec 13th from Tweetie in reply to bfradionet wrote:

@bfradionet Absolutely. Just tweet me when it launches in Jan

Last edited by GullyFoyle (2009-12-15 11:34:36)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6644|Canberra, AUS

tazz. wrote:

tazz., 1 year 1 month ago wrote:

tbh i think i have EA sussed out.

I think 1.5 patch is already made, ready to be released, complete if you will, they're waiting.

Waiting for BF3 (Or whatever its gonna be called) to be complete, and ready for shelves.

They will then release the patch, acting like THE NEW BF2 or some shiz, to bring people back, get the addicted again, then release BF3 (Or whatever its gonna be called) Giving them + Sales and monies

amirite?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
_Dominiko_PL
TITS or gtfo.
http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlef … eveal.aspx

now this is some news you wont find on RSS... yet

hai from battlefield.pl
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6438

_Dominiko_PL wrote:

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2009/12/14/the-battlefield-bad-company-2-panama-canal-reveal.aspx

hai from battlefield.pl
The video is private.
_Dominiko_PL
TITS or gtfo.
thats not the point, the whole news is hidden, not appearing on first page
HaiBai
BF Blog - PS3 Beta Update!
The Battlefield blog posted some stats on the Bad Company 2 PS3 beta and announced it will close on December 21st.

The BFBC2 PS3 Beta has been a huge success thanks to a the massive participation (300,000+ people) and invaluable feedback. The team is, and has been, very busy reviewing tons telemetry data, feedback from the community, and implementing it into the final game for an amazing launch this March 2010! The Beta will close December 21st so make sure to get your playtime in so when the demo releases your skills are still sharp!

Here is some fun data we collected:

- Total kills = 45.42M
- 9.4M kills from Vehicles
- 3.43M Vehicles Destroyed
- 380K Houses Destroyed
- 1.01M Marksman Headshots
- Total number of points awarded = 10 100 094 360
- Total number of Revives = 2.52M
- Total Repair Tool kills = 15.58K
- Total Defibrillator Kills = 12.69k
- Total Knife Kills = 1.69M
- Total C4 Kills = 730.81K

Again, thank you so much to everyone that participated in the PS3 Beta and we hope to see you in the Demo early next year! And after that the real deal, the Battlefield to rock the year 2010, Battlefield Bad Company 2! :-)

BF Blog
HaiBai
Hidden Post Reveals New Bad Company 2 Map - Panama Canal
Some information was discovered today about a hidden blog post on the BF Blog showing a new map called Panama Canal. The guys at Battlefield.pl discovered the post yet the Youtube video is still private.

https://i50.tinypic.com/10456yb.jpg

Battlefield.pl (Translated)
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
There's a demo, when's that coming out then? Will it be more or less the same thing as the Beta? Probably
HaiBai

_Dominiko_PL wrote:

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2009/12/14/the-battlefield-bad-company-2-panama-canal-reveal.aspx

hai from battlefield.pl
Lol, I make a lot more posts then just the ones posted in the RSS.  Search back a few pages.  Oh, also:

Ja tesz mowie po Polsku, spierdalaj dlupa.  Nikt cie nie lubi.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6438

Mekstizzle wrote:

There's a demo, when's that coming out then? Will it be more or less the same thing as the Beta? Probably
PS3 Beta ends Late December
PC Beta begins early January
PC Beta ends early February
All platform Demo releases mid February
Full game Released March 2 (NA), March 5 (EU)
_Dominiko_PL
TITS or gtfo.

HaiBai wrote:

Lol, I make a lot more posts then just the ones posted in the RSS.  Search back a few pages.  Oh, also:

Ja tesz mowie po Polsku, spierdalaj dlupa.  Nikt cie nie lubi.
https://img189.imageshack.us/img189/742/umada.png

try harder

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard