[RAID]ExodusWrath
+2|6593
I have been around all of the Battlefield series games, and on BF2 since the beginning.  I have noticed lately some "overly" good chopper gunners with tv missiles.  Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not bad with them myself, but I saw a guy have 60+ kills flying around SOLO in a chopper, and they were all from tv guided shots.  I know it's possible to hit f2 and fire, but he was hitting from across the map...and let me emphasize, he was flying solo, and I never saw a machine gun kill, all tv guided. 

Is there a known hack that accounts for this?   I didn't kick or ban the guy because I just didn't know.

[RAID]ExodusWrath
slidero
I doubt it, they probably just do it a lot.  It's pretty easy to solo TV everything yourself as long as you have a cobra/Z-10.  AA can't lock onto a chopper with no one in the F1 seat
Assaulter
+0|6607|Canada
check out this thread.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=21242
HisInfernalDeath
+23|6732|Belgium
No big deal, some of my clanm8's do this all the time...
Mike_J
+68|6677
flying solo imo is actually the best since the chances of me getting a good pilot or gunner is rare.  the biggest advantage of going solo is survivability since you can break aa locks.  i don't see anything wierd with the guy you're mentioning; simply because this method is how i got my kill streak- 60.  120 points right there.  every chance i can get the chopper on wake i take advantage of that.

edit:  i haven't mastered firing the cannons or machine guns on them but have made some kills like that going solo.  i have seen a guy that was really, really good with all the weapons on a chopper while solo (this was way before 1.2 when many people thought this method was a hack (including myself ).

Last edited by Mike_J (2006-04-17 16:02:53)

The Soup Nazi
+18|6795|North Lauderdale, FL
Ungh.  I really hope that EA/Dice addresses the issue of not being able to lock onto solo chopper/jet pilots when they're in the gunner position.  The fact that they can't be locked onto is a blatant exploit of the game mechanics.
[RAID]ExodusWrath
+2|6593
Sounds clean then, I was unaware of the f2 breaking aa locks.  Wonder if that will be addressed in a patch.  Thanks for the quick feedback guys.

[RAID]ExodusWrath
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6640|949

just go into the Team Wonderful server and watch Kojimab.  I have personally died at his hands many times.  He just flies the chopper super high, then reigns hell from above with TV's solo.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6683|Canberra, AUS
My brother does that heaps.

My TV missles aren't so kind.

They refuse to change course quickly enough.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
PRiMACORD
+190|6633|Home of the Escalade Herds
People do it because it's easy.

Really hope EA nerfs it so people actually learn how to you know...FLY.
Barnyard
+0|6775
This is very easy to do. I do it a lot.  You simple rotate your chopper to the left ~30degrees from target, hit F2, right click, fire, guide to target then F1.   

To make it easier I have a 5 button mouse that has the extra buttons on both side so I can switch very quickly.
Mike_J
+68|6677

PRiMACORD wrote:

quite the contrary.  i wouldn't do it if i could get a decent pilot.  like they say, "if you want something done, you have to do it yourself."
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6757|Mark it zero.
i miss being able to go solo in a black hawk. in the older version i did that whenever no one wanted in and it would just circle the targets by itself. one in a while i had to redirect it though. oh good good times.....
PunkX
stoned
+198|6632|Canada
TV gun is easy sauce, its almost impossible to fuck it up Unless your lagging like a bitch.
DSRTurtle
+56|6694
I have to agree with the people wanting EA to fix the lock on issue.  That is a blantant exploit of the game mechanics.  As a jet pilot that pisses me off when someone jumps seats and I lose the lock after I fired missles to kill it. 

I'm ok with the cannon at short range and the tv missles at medium to long range.  I'm an average helo pilot at best.  One pilot I know is an excellent pilot but only an average gunner at best.  When we team up were pretty much unstoppable.  Today we had a combined 30 kills and 2 deaths.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6728|California

PRiMACORD wrote:

its not easy. only a handfull of people can do it really well
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6709

stryyker wrote:

PRiMACORD wrote:

It's not easy, but its not very hard either. I'm not the best gunner in the world and I have no problem using this tactic. What primacord said is partly true, as some of the people who do this are very good pilots, and many of them truly suck. I remember fighting Doom-Avalanche (who pretty much always flies solo and uses the single seat tv missile trick)... when I closed in on him he crashed into the ground before I could fire a shot. When he's gunning though he is very good.
BlueScreen
I am the pwnage! Bitches!
+5|6747|Finland
lol? It's damn easy and I'm doing that a lot. And in fact it's much easier to shoot TV missile from far distance than from close distance. Mostly there's only noobs pilots or/and gunners in enemy team and if no one is shooting chopper with jeeps or anything it's damn easy. Oh and it's also damn easy to get lot of kills with gun while flying chopper alone, solo as you said.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6728|California

if it was easy, why cant everyone use the TV missiles well?
TheEvilCubivore
+1|6595
I used TV missiles 5 times ever

four times I hit opposing choppers easily

The fifth was on some poor infantry.
PRiMACORD

stryyker wrote:

PRiMACORD wrote:

Handfull of people? Yeah right.

Everyone and there mom is doing that these days, it is easy and with all things, gets even easier with practice.

It's just pointing and clicking so there isn't a whole lot of thought process involved. I don't know why anyone would pat themselves over the back after racking up kills with TV missiles.

To make things worse you can't be shot down by AA when you're in gunner mode, lawl.

le sigh

Last edited by PRiMACORD (2006-04-17 18:36:05)

=P=Viper
+5|6605

PRiMACORD wrote:

stryyker wrote:

PRiMACORD wrote:

Everyone and there mom is doing that these days, it is easy and with all things, gets even easier with practice.

It's just pointing and clicking so there isn't a whole lot of thought process involved. I don't know why anyone would pat themselves over the back after racking up kills with TV missiles.

To make things worse you can't be shot down by AA when you're in gunner mode, lawl.

le sigh
lol you cant actually be searoius

its deffinately not easy

I bet that if 99% of you guys went up against a CAL Chopper gunner you would get absolutely owned.  I bet none of you would even get a kill against a CAL chopper TEAM in a 2vs2 or 2vs10 or whatever.

thank god EA lets you solo a chopper

I mean i cant even count up how many times i get stuck with a noob gunner that points me at the grass because they think its "leet" to fly low.

http://media.putfile.com/tv-guided-missile-47

thats one of the best gunners in CAL from Team iLLicit.

Last edited by =P=Viper (2006-04-17 18:52:03)

PRiMACORD

=P=Viper wrote:

PRiMACORD wrote:

stryyker wrote:

le sigh
lol you cant actually be searoius

its deffinately not easy

I bet that if 99% of you guys went up against a CAL Chopper gunner you would get absolutely owned.  I bet none of you would even get a kill against a CAL chopper TEAM in a 2vs2 or 2vs10 or whatever.

thank god EA lets you solo a chopper

I mean i cant even count up how many times i get stuck with a noob gunner that points me at the grass because they think its "leet" to fly low.

http://media.putfile.com/tv-guided-missile-47

thats one of the best gunners in CAL from Team iLLicit.
I guess i'm the only one who thinks doing good in a chopper should be the result of being able to fly good...not switching to the gunner seat while your chopper goes ballerina making you unlockable by AA.

Oh well, at least in special forces the pilot matters most.

Oh and FYI, if you get taken down by a TV missile i wouldnt call that being owned. Being owned is getting knifed in the face or pistol whipped.

Getting owned relates to doing something that requires lots of skill. TV missiles require a little more skill then the AWP in CS...heh.

Last edited by PRiMACORD (2006-04-17 20:11:48)

Mike_J
+68|6677
i can do it in SF too!  it's just a helluva lot harder!  you have to get a bit higher and take out closer targets before your chopper falls to the ground.  i'm not saying i'm good at it in SF, but in few cases i can pull it off.
Computer_Guy
+54|6705
I fly SOLO ALL THE TIME. If i get some guy with me, he usually sucks (no offense).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard