Granpa$kunk
+3|6609|Wales UK
I have a question regarding the scores.
When I add all my scores up [commander, team, combat] the total I get is 1531 [at this time] more than the total shown as Global. Therefore if this is true I should have more points [gimme gimme gimme] )

Teamwork    11,623
Combat. .      22,138
Command. .    2,058

I tried it with my clan members scores and all of them are different by different amounts and there seems to be no correlation between the differences and their various performances. For example, my mate who has a global score about 9000 more than me has 140 short of the 'correct' total.
There appears to be no obvious reason or pattern for the amount by which the Global total is out. Unless it is something to do with forgiven team kills maybe.

It is not just on your page but also on BFHQ itself .
My player PID 62358009 so you can have a look if you like.

Oh, and one other thing, which may be a teething problem of the new Personal Stats web page....
It seems that, whereas before roadkills were shown separately but incorporated into the total vehicle kills, they are now shown seperately and ADDED to the total kills, which gives an incorrect score and k/d ratio for that vehicle.

Greetz to all for a fine job, and the DMZ crew, I enjoy playing on your server
please reply to [email protected]

Last edited by Granpa$kunk (2006-04-17 09:29:37)

Mike_J
+68|6692
Check your math when you subtract teamkills and see if the numbers come out right.  Since you brought up roadkills, can anyone explain to me how people (including myself) have roadkills with ground defense weapons?
Granpa$kunk
+3|6609|Wales UK
My teamkills/team damage/vehicle damage scores are 495/274/155
and my Suicides are 224.

So if you do the sum thus:

495 x 4 = 1980
274 x 2 =   548
155 x 1 =   155
                ____

or 495+274+155=924

maybe we need that girl from countdown

Last edited by Granpa$kunk (2006-04-17 09:29:54)

=RvE=kbgfighter
+16|6654|Oslo, NORWAY
u math gay..
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6829|Orlando, FL - Age 43

Mike_J wrote:

Since you brought up roadkills, can anyone explain to me how people (including myself) have roadkills with ground defense weapons?
If you severely damage a vehicle with the ground defense weapon and the occupants bail out only to be killed in the explosion....you get a road kill.
Granpa$kunk
+3|6609|Wales UK

=RvE=kbgfighter wrote:

u math gay..
does that mean you are a straight moron?

Last edited by Granpa$kunk (2006-04-17 09:30:10)

chrnoicle
+23|6627|Canada
Volx Is Fucking Less Wtf
Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6797|Nova Scotia, Canada

It all has something to do with the negative points you receive from teamkills, suicides and team damage.......if you searched, you would have known this...
Granpa$kunk
+3|6609|Wales UK

Prodie wrote:

It all has something to do with the negative points you receive from teamkills, suicides and team damage.......if you searched, you would have known this...
Yeah, I did search, and no, I didn't find anything, but did suggest it may be the case. If you would be good enough to supply a link in your post I will follow it to read the explanation.

edit I have done another search and found some interesting stuff. Commander artillery kills would seem to be the most likely source of the discrepency, as the kills are credited to your kill stat but not your global score. The area of team kills etc. is a bit murky as they are already subtracted from your teamwork score prior to the endgame score, but could maybe figure as they are taken away from what is already accrued, so could be held as a negative figure somewhere.

What I was hoping for, however, when I asked the question was an 'informed' answer from someone who had heard it from the horse's mouth' so to speak, that is of course the EA programmers. The question was adressed to anyone, but particularly to the designers of this site's stats page, whom I assumed may have been in contact with EA.

It would be nice however to have a commander area which had a lot more detail about ones performance in that role. After all, the lowly grunt is covered thoroughly with assault rifle and grenade launcher kills/deaths/accuracy details, so why not the commander. Poor guy doesn't even get resupply, repair or health giving points from his crate drops, and no mention of his artillery accuracy or kills or deaths.

Last edited by Granpa$kunk (2006-04-17 11:08:07)

Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6797|Nova Scotia, Canada

Granpa$kunk wrote:

edit [color=yellow]I have done another search and found some interesting stuff.
Search FTW!
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6870|San Francisco

Granpa$kunk wrote:

What I was hoping for, however, when I asked the question was an 'informed' answer from someone who had heard it from the horse's mouth' so to speak, that is of course the EA programmers. The question was adressed to anyone, but particularly to the designers of this site's stats page, whom I assumed may have been in contact with EA.
Yes, there was a VERY long topic about this quite awhile ago, which is what I assume you found in your second search. Although Chuy has some loose contact with people from EA they hardly are there to answer questions like these, honestly they rarely even reply to him when he is asking important questions about the stats feed.

If you really want to get information from 'the horses mouth' then perhaps you could write an email to EA and try to get some information from them. I would really like to know all of the determining factors of global score since we still do not know exactly why it differs from Total - TK's/Team Damage/etc.
Crazyfool_OA
+12|6785|Gloucester - UK
As far as I'm aware, global score is combat score (when not commander) + teamwork score (when not commander) + commander score. Even tho you can't get any points from kills or teamwork when playing as commander, the game still keeps track of these for awards and such, thus your teamwork and combat scores that are shown also include "points" that you aquired while playing as commander, but those points never got added to your global score. In other words, I'm willing to bet that if you kept a record of your end of round scores, then added them all up, it would be the same as your global score.

Hope that makes sense!
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6870|"Frisco"

The "magic" behind the global score is only known to the DICE programmer who made it. [insert all of voodoo's comments...]

Some other oddities include the fact that a server NEVER reports a negative score. You can have a score, in game, or -500 and when the server bundles everything up and sends it in, your global score gets reported as 0. At least, I've never seen the scores go down. Ever.
SaladForks
/ph34r
+129|6604|Eastern USA
This isnt as much as a math thing, but maybe a glitch (?)

I was browsing some players stats with high plane scores and came across the well known |ccc||PlaneWhore*

http://www.bf2s.com/player/48131109/

His plane kills are more than his total kills. I've also checked some 20+ other accounts and they had the glitch, but I cant seem to find them again. Any ideas?

*No, not calling him a hacker. Just a damn good plane pilot.
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6750|Germany

Mike<Eagle23>  wrote:

Global score = Combat score + Team score + Commander score - Combat score as commander (nobody knows how many points) - Team score as commander
(e.g. you are commander while using the support class and give ammo to someone else. You'll get a point for resupplies, but this score does not count as global score...)
Thats what I would say. I think someone who has never been commander will have no difference between his global score and the sum of his team and combat score.

Last edited by Mike<Eagle23> (2006-04-21 12:29:39)

Firestarter
+12|6636
I'm still wondering why my score went down to 35k from 40k....
maef
+67|6706|Tulln, Austria

Firestarter wrote:

I'm still wondering why my score went down to 35k from 40k....
Looking at your "global score" graph, I don't see your score ever going down. Or am I getting something wrong here?

About substracting the Teamkills:
I think teamkills that come from Arty are also counted as teamkills in the stats. They don't give you minus points tho. That's another factor that makes the calculation more difficult, as you don't know how many of your TKs come from Arty.
But I also think that teamkills are already taken into account as they are automatically subtracted from your teamwork score, so maybe the Arty-TKs don't actually matter at all.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6811|Singapore

chuyskywalker wrote:

The "magic" behind the global score is only known to the DICE programmer who made it. [insert all of voodoo's comments...]

Some other oddities include the fact that a server NEVER reports a negative score. You can have a score, in game, or -500 and when the server bundles everything up and sends it in, your global score gets reported as 0. At least, I've never seen the scores go down. Ever.
So if demotions are technically impossible why do we have the demotion.wav?
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6782|San Antonio, Texas

polarbearz wrote:

chuyskywalker wrote:

So if demotions are technically impossible why do we have the demotion.wav?
If you look at any code/files for any game you will see left-overs of ideas that were coded but then commented out. I guess DICE thought that we were all good soldiers that whould never need a demotion...
GetOutOfMyTankNoob
+3|6598
ur global score is all ur final round scores added up.
ur combat is all ur kills.
ur team is all ur teamscore from a finished round added up.
if u finish in teh hole, you dont get any tw or global score, but i get kills. ur global score on stats pages is NOT combat + tw + commander.

I have it written down somewhere better if u care.

btw u can only get demoted if the server and ea server are in sync (ie you cant be demoted ever cuz theyre not).
u cant lose global score once its in the ea db, but u can be demoted i believe if u were just promoted, then you tk some people to lose points.

say ur global score is 4990 when u join a server.
go kill 6 ppl and u r at 12. ur global score is temp at 5002. u tk someone, and ur round score is at 8 and ur temp global is at 4998, or not enuff for staff sgt. u should prolly be demoted. ill try it next time i get promoted.

Last edited by GetOutOfMyTankNoob (2006-04-27 14:13:34)

tierlac
+0|6595
I have over a 15,000 point difference

Team 20,307
Combat 51,888
Commander 22,979
=95174-
Global 79,756
15418 difference... now from tk's td and vd
Team: Kills, Damage, & Vehicle Damage  761 / 294 / 277
3044 points for tk's, 588 for TD, 554 for VD=4186
so that still leaves a 10,000 point difference.... odd eh

Last edited by tierlac (2006-04-29 13:41:03)

KStryker
+1|6729|New York
just like chuy said only the lame dice progammer knows da equation for this
jax
+12|6790
i think another factor is that if you were playing when BF2 came out then you used to get points for arty kills and lose points for team kills with the arty so some team kills from arty will add take away points and some will add on. also some kills with your arty will have given you points and in the later patches they wont have

oh yea and arent your comander points counted as combat so your combat = comander points plus kills when not comander. at least i think that what happens

Last edited by jax (2006-04-29 20:58:29)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard