Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy
+76|5270|Baile Atha Cliath, Éire
I don't think a similar thread has every been made on BF2s. I would hope it proves successful and others learn from it. If you have no interest in working out and general physical activity please refrain yourself from posting meaningless spam in this thread. I would hope this thread would help others and perhaps even motivate another.

Use the thread to answer and follow the below questions/statements.

What workout is best for your goal?
Share tips, advice & general information!
Post questions about specific exercises!
Post your workout journals online so others can see what you are doing and follow your progress!
If you have used ANY supplements in your life, please post your experience with them here!
Learn how to prevent an injury, or deal with one you already have!

I'll start:
For those of you that don't know, Pectus Carinatum or 'Pigeon Chest' is a bone deformity of the sternum whereas the sternum sticks out. It's mainly caused by growth spurts during puberty. Surgery is available and is a relatively easy and an inexpensive procedure, however my case is mild comparing to the images provided by Google. I'd rather stay away from surgery as the small amount of work I've done in the gym over the past year has almost completely overshadowed it. I can still see it, and so can my mates, but it's not as obvious as it once was. My girlfriend hasn't noticed it yet, and I've been with her for over 6 months, maybe she's just being polite

I suppose a short profile of me would help:
I'm a 18 year old IT student living in Dublin, Ireland. I'm physically active and I participate in team-sports and individual sports daily. I developed this condition when I was 16 and I've been going to the gym since I was 17. I eat relatively good food and drink quiet a lot of water (2+ liters daily). Although most people would say my chest is no big deal, I find it embarrassing when I'm on the beach or with my girlfriend. Which is why I've come here! I want you guys to help me with a (realistic) diet/workout program that will provide maximum results! I'm already one of the strongest out of all my mates who go to the gym regularly, and who are quick enough to whip off their tops around the girls Although I'm physically stronger than them I'm not nearly as confident as they are, mainly due to my chest.

Since I've started University I don't have the money to pay for gym membership so I'm using my own equipment in my home. It's decent enough stuff but it does restrict a lot of exercises. I use a decent Pro-Power bench and a 60KG set of York free-weights (along with a few extra 20KG I purchased separately). I've got a 60KG punchbag with mits and an exercise ball and mat too. So I'm fairly sorted and I've got a decent enough setup here at home! I've been using this equipment for 90 minute sessions over the last 2 months 4 days/week.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Workout #1 (Monday & Friday) - Chest & abs, 100 minutes

Warmup - 30M
Stretch - 5M
Medium/High intensity jog - 10M
Punchbag - 4 X 2M high intensity rounds, 15M

Workout - 60M
Press-ups - 2 X 30, 5M
Crunches - 10 ab exercises, 10 reps/exercise, 5M
Press-ups - 2 X 20, 5M
The Plank - 2M
Dumbbell bench-press - 4 sets of 10 reps @ 24KG, 5M
Dumbbell flyes - 2 sets of 15 reps @ 16KG, 5M
Declined dumbbell bench-press - 2 sets of 10 reps @ 20KG, 5M
Declined dumbbell flyes - 2 sets of 10 reps @ 14KG, 5M
Declined Press-ups - 2 X 20, 5M

Warmdown - 10M
Stretch - 5M
Low intensity jog - 5M
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Workout #2 (Wednesday & Sunday) - Arms, shoulders & abs, 100 minutes

Warmup - 30M
Stretch - 5M
Medium/High intensity jog - 10M
Punchbag - 4 X 2M high intensity rounds, 15M

Workout - 60M - 50M
Dumbbell curls - 2 sets of 20reps @ 15KG, 5M
The Plank - 2M
Standing shoulder presses - 4 sets of 10 reps @ 15KG, 5M
Frontal/lateral raises - 4 sets of 10 reps @ 8KG, 5M
Hammer-Curls - 2 sets of 20 reps @ 14KG, 5M
Tricep-dips - 2 sets of 25 reps, 5M
Overhead triceps extensions - 2 sets of 15 reps @ 20KG, 5M
Hammer-curls - 2 sets of 20 reps @ 14KG, 5M

Warmdown - 10M
Stretch - 5M
Low intensity jog - 5M

Midweek Exercises (Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday) - Cardio & light intensity short workouts, 60 minutes

Workout - 60M
Medium/High intensity jog - 40M

Push-ups - 2 X 30, 5M
Videos that have helped me out:

Websites that have helped me out:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/
http://www.menshealth.com/
www.intense-workout.com/

Last edited by Irishpride<3 (2009-11-23 03:44:05)

SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6629|The darkside of Denver
good idea irish.  Ill post mine later.... if oyu want i can post progress pictures too.. ive come along way and am completely jacked now!
Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy

SonderKommando wrote:

good idea irish.  Ill post mine later.... if oyu want i can post progress pictures too.. ive come along way and am completely jacked now!
Yeah progress pictures would be awesome. I'll try and get a few up too.
Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy

jord wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=116539

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=109394

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=108970

3 of like 15.
Yeah, well... It's an updated thread -.0
BRiiNDED
+137|6094
The most sensible thread you've made.

I'll post mine at some point.
Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy
Just did my full Monday/Friday workout. I couldn't complete the 2nd set of the abs exercise but everything else I did perfect

I feel alot better now going out

Night night xxx
mr.hrundi
Wurstwassereis
+68|6407|Germany
http://www.liamrosen.com/fitness.html

This is the bible of /fit/. In terms of general fitness and healty lifestyle it covers probably every aspect.

I don't have a planned workout routine, but do something almost every day. It begins with going to uni by bike every day which is about 20 kilometers. Then I go running about 2 or 3 times a week (40 - 60 minutes). Once a week I go climbing, but I hope to do that more often in the future. This winter I'll be snowboarding probably every second weekend. For muscle training I've got all I need at home.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5370

Irishpride<3 wrote:

I don't think a similar thread has every been made on BF2s.

jord wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=116539

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=109394

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=108970

3 of like 15.
agree.

close and use the new awesome updated search function.

Last edited by Red Forman (2009-11-13 13:03:16)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623

mr.hrundi wrote:

http://www.liamrosen.com/fitness.html

This is the bible of /fit/. In terms of general fitness and healty lifestyle it covers probably every aspect.
Take a look 7chan's /fit/ too
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy
Those of you that consider themselves fit attempt all 24 ab exercises (the video featured).

10 reps/exercise

~240 reps

It's fucking tough, I've yet to finish all 24.
DankmanHightimes
+24|6470|atlanta GA
I'm in my second week of the P90X program.. Very intense workouts.. Has a meal plan that goes with it but i dont follow it.

~watch my daily carb intake..no carbs after 2pm(or try)
~workout every morning about 6am after workout i drink a recovery drink from GNC called wheybolic extreme 60
~no sodas     lots of water /vitamin water / juices
~no junk food     lots of fruit
~large veggies with meals     smaller cuts of meat/chicken/ect.

started at 190, cut out soda and junk food, light workouts and within a few months i droped to 165. after two weeks on P90X ive gained 5lbs and can already see more muscle definition. The recovery drink also helps with sthrength and stamina.

will updated in a few weeks..
irish i have sternum excavatum  ^5  we should start a club.

workout 20 on eliptical on weekdays, if not that then do stairs(15 min), hike or fast walk for over 30min ~
eat non fast food food hah not all the time, life is about the small things.. like that juicy burger

fruits/veggies, yogurt, fibers like wheat toast, lots of water
Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy

DankmanHightimes wrote:

I'm in my second week of the P90X program.. Very intense workouts.. Has a meal plan that goes with it but i dont follow it.

~watch my daily carb intake..no carbs after 2pm(or try)
~workout every morning about 6am after workout i drink a recovery drink from GNC called wheybolic extreme 60
~no sodas     lots of water /vitamin water / juices
~no junk food     lots of fruit
~large veggies with meals     smaller cuts of meat/chicken/ect.

started at 190, cut out soda and junk food, light workouts and within a few months i droped to 165. after two weeks on P90X ive gained 5lbs and can already see more muscle definition. The recovery drink also helps with sthrength and stamina.

will updated in a few weeks..
Thats pretty good progress dude. Its good that you're not only losing weight but your gaining muslce, that way you wont look fail when you achieve the mass your looking for. I find I don't progress if if I don't drink at least 2 liters of water a day and have at least 9 hours sleep, also.

I've never taken any supplements, ever... I've no real reason not too, cept for I can't afford it

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

irish i have sternum excavatum  ^5  we should start a club.

workout 20 on eliptical on weekdays, if not that then do stairs(15 min), hike or fast walk for over 30min ~
eat non fast food food hah not all the time, life is about the small things.. like that juicy burger

fruits/veggies, yogurt, fibers like wheat toast, lots of water
Haha the 'fucked up chest club' I didn't know such deformity's were common in women.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5734|Belgium
I used to do sports (handball) 3-4 times a week, 2hour practice each time, excluding power training. I quit a few months ago. To keep in shape I hit the gym once a week (not enough, but meh..). I haven't bothered freeweighting yet, but instead I do most of the muscle isolator deviced(I just made this name up.. no idea how they're called) that for example only train Biceps, Triceps, Chest etc at the time. I do a routine of 4*8 at my max/80% max on these devices. I have no idea if this really is a good routine..
Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy

Jebus wrote:

I used to do sports (handball) 3-4 times a week, 2hour practice each time, excluding power training. I quit a few months ago. To keep in shape I hit the gym once a week (not enough, but meh..). I haven't bothered freeweighting yet, but instead I do most of the muscle isolator deviced(I just made this name up.. no idea how they're called) that for example only train Biceps, Triceps, Chest etc at the time. I do a routine of 4*8 at my max/80% max on these devices. I have no idea if this really is a good routine..
You should ask your gym faggets to do a proper routine/program for you. I don't like those big stupid machines that claim they do X, Y & Z. Simplicity has always been the way forward for me (Push-ups, pull-ups, crunches, basic dumbbell exercises ect...)
baggs
+732|6174
I loved playing handball, i miss it actually.

I go to the gym, all free weights, i also do wide arm chin ups to chest and to back. If i'm on a chin up day i'll start with that, it fucks me a up a bit but it's good, decline chest, flat chest and maybe incline chest. After that i'm ready to collapse usually but i go for chest fly then. I do some isolated bicep curls but my grip is failing a bit by then especially if it's been a chin up day.

I'm going to start adding 5kgs on a belt when i do my chin ups soon, looking forward to that. I also add 5kgs when i do tricep dips, they are far too easy without.

Some days i finsh up throwing a medicine ball around with Antonia, she does that for strength training as she plays netball. I might even go for a swim after my workout tho i'm pretty fatigued by then and i like nothing more than using the steam room at the end of a workout.

I love the gym, good thread Irish, maybe we can be friends, after all.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5734|Belgium

Irishpride<3 wrote:

Jebus wrote:

You should ask your gym faggets to do a proper routine/program for you. I don't like those big stupid machines that claim they do X, Y & Z. Simplicity has always been the way forward for me (Push-ups, pull-ups, crunches, basic dumbbell exercises ect...)
I really should work out more at home. Like you said, push- & pull-ups are good enough for getting muscle. I'm not a 'real' member of the gym, I've got a special school pass that allows me to go to any gym for €50 a year.
Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy

baggs wrote:

I loved playing handball, i miss it actually.

I go to the gym, all free weights, i also do wide arm chin ups to chest and to back. If i'm on a chin up day i'll start with that, it fucks me a up a bit but it's good, decline chest, flat chest and maybe incline chest. After that i'm ready to collapse usually but i go for chest fly then. I do some isolated bicep curls but my grip is failing a bit by then especially if it's been a chin up day.

I'm going to start adding 5kgs on a belt when i do my chin ups soon, looking forward to that. I also add 5kgs when i do tricep dips, they are far too easy without.

Some days i finsh up throwing a medicine ball around with Antonia, she does that for strength training as she plays netball. I might even go for a swim after my workout tho i'm pretty fatigued by then and i like nothing more than using the steam room at the end of a workout.

I love the gym, good thread Irish, maybe we can be friends, after all.
I'm terribad at both chin-ups and pull ups.

I've yet to complete a set of 15 (complete full extensions)...

Is there some kind of trick to it? I can curl 16KG fine, and I don't weight that much (80KG) so I really should be able to do more. I normally give it a go toward the end of the workout when I'm really tired, which probably doesn't help

You know you've had a good workout when you're in the shower afterwards and you go to put the shampoo in your hair and you need to swing your arms for momentum to get it to your head, haha

Anybody listen to any kind of particuler music when working out?

I like this kinda shiz:

BRiiNDED
+137|6094

Just started listening to it while while doing cardio and resistance workouts.
Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy

BRiiNDED wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avUTaohfc3U
Yeah I listen to Skillet too. Post your workout dood!
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5672|College Park, MD
Right now I've been on the bike going pretty intensely (for me) for 30-40 minutes. I'll probably put it up to 40-50 minutes next week.

I'm gonna start the hundred pushups, two hundred situps and two hundred squats programs as well. Maybe start lifting some weights.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6615

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Right now I've been on the bike going pretty intensely (for me) for 30-40 minutes. I'll probably put it up to 40-50 minutes next week.

I'm gonna start the hundred pushups, two hundred situps and two hundred squats programs as well. Maybe start lifting some weights.
hmmm? when do u get time to study? ahh its only ur first year in college bleh
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5672|College Park, MD

blademaster wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

hmmm? when do u get time to study? ahh its only ur first year in college bleh
idk, I don't have so much homework that I have to spend all my time studying it. Not to mention I'm just a slacker anyway so I don't spend too much time on it to begin with
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
BRiiNDED
+137|6094

Irishpride<3 wrote:

BRiiNDED wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avUTaohfc3U
Yeah I listen to Skillet too. Post your workout dood!
I would but its in word format. It has both cardio and resistance workout, for 16 weeks to a 6 pack/athletic look, with the equipment you need to use. Everything is done at home.
Its about 20 pages long and would take forever to sort out the format into a post. I could put the word file up on some hosting site though, maybe.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard