jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
Right fuck it I'm gonna try this to see if it motivates me and others. Post your fitness level now and a goal. Then give each other advice on how to achieve said goals. They can be cardio, strength, speed, whatever.

I'm here:

Press ups in a minute : 38

Pull ups total : 8

Sit ups in a minute : 42

1.5 mile time : 10:42 Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

Goal-

Press ups : 45

10 pull ups

Sits ups : 46

1.5 mil time 9:05

My cardio sucks majorly. I try get my time down by doing 3 mile runs every now and again, I also occasionally do the MSFT or Bleep test. I get 9.7 or something on the 20m one.

Anyway, advice on cardio mainly.

Oh and if you lie you're only lying to yourself.

Last edited by jord (2008-12-13 11:38:52)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
In 2nd year I got 134 on the bleep test.

/novaluepost.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

I think I did one of these awhile back
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Simon
basically
+838|6628|UK
I'll post mine tomorrow after gym
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6126|Vancouver | Canada
I keep doing the "Add one every day to [exercise]", but then I end up forgetting about it and having to start all over again..
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas
5'11 140lb, 17y M

Current

(Push ups?) Press ups in a minute : No idea. Probably 40ish. brb

Pull ups total : 18
Full arm (both palms up): 11

Sit ups in a minute : brb

1.5 mile time : 10:00

Goal

Press ups: 60

Pull ups: 30

Sits ups: 75

1.5 mil time: care less, don't run for fun

Last edited by MadKatter (2008-12-14 12:11:17)

jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
By the way Pull ups are fully extending the arms, not half bending. I've seen the strongest people I've seen only do around 20. And they are really strong and light.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas

jord wrote:

By the way Pull ups are fully extending the arms, not half bending. I've seen the strongest people I've seen only do around 20. And they are really strong and light.
Hands gripped over or under?
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6616
ha, I can't count how many times I've set goals and then never fufilled them as far as strength and fitness conditioning is concerned.

I'm gonna guess... 15 times.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

ha, I can't count how many times I've set goals and then never fufilled them as far as strength and fitness conditioning is concerned.

Think of how sweet you'd look with bigger pecks (or smaller, depending, lulz) or bigger arms. Think of how many more chicks would like a strong guy at their side.

There's lots of motivation... you just have to find it. A girl that you like is usually sufficient.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5668

MadKatter wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Think of how sweet you'd look with bigger pecks (or smaller, depending, lulz) or bigger arms. Think of how many more chicks would like a strong guy at their side.

There's lots of motivation... you just have to find it. A girl that you like is usually sufficient.
Can't count the number of times I have seen/met 'strong' guys who are completely stupid/can't throw a punch for shit.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas

12/f/taiwan wrote:

MadKatter wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Can't count the number of times I have seen/met 'strong' guys who are completely stupid/can't throw a punch for shit.
Did you have a point or something?
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6616

MadKatter wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Yeah, I have a hard time visualizing it. The last time I was at 200 lbs was college football I was too unobservant to notice I actually looked good. Plus the workouts sucked complete ass.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5668

MadKatter wrote:

12/f/taiwan wrote:

MadKatter wrote:

Yes. Figure it out and you get karma young one.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6735|Cambridge (UK)
I'm here:
various dumb-bell-based exercise: as many as I can manage when I can be arsed to do some.

My goal:
to be arsed more often.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2008-12-13 16:25:23)

Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas

12/f/taiwan wrote:

MadKatter wrote:

12/f/taiwan wrote:

Enlighten me, I don't need e-points. None of the "points" I've considered make sense.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5668

MadKatter wrote:

12/f/taiwan wrote:

MadKatter wrote:

Enlighten me, I don't need e-points. None of the "points" I've considered make sense.
E-points get you girls more then pecs fyi.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas

12/f/taiwan wrote:

MadKatter wrote:

12/f/taiwan wrote:

Untrue.

Call it shallow, I call it human nature. It's human nature to be attracted to someone who can protect you. It's not a conscious decision.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

Check out my workout tips (in my sig) if you guys want.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6507|Long Island, New York
I'm starting some PT and gradually working my way up in order to get ready for the Air Force.

Anyone (whether ex-/current-military or not) got any tips for a gradual schedule?
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5671|College Park, MD

MadKatter wrote:

12/f/taiwan wrote:

MadKatter wrote:

Untrue.

Call it shallow, I call it human nature. It's human nature to be attracted to someone who can protect you. It's not a conscious decision.
sad but true

i say sad because i probably couldn't protect anyone unless i was wearing body armor and had a minigun
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5903|United States
my workout 2x , sometimes 3x a week
incline press 3x8
barbell row 3x8
chinups 2x failure
pushups 2xfailure
lat dumbbell raises 2x 8
bicep curl 2X7

any suggestions welcome
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5671|College Park, MD

argo4 wrote:

incline press 3x8
barbell row 3x8
chinups 2x failure
pushups 2xfailure
lat dumbbell raises 2x 8
bicep curl 2X7

any suggestions welcome
where are the squats?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Brasso
+1,549|6600

Fall 06 mile time - 6:05
Spring 06 mile time - 6:04
fall 07 mile time - unknown
spring 06 mile time - unknown
fall 08 mile time - unknown
spring 08 mile time - maybe i'll try for 6?  i might get around to it.  i havent done jack shit for the past year or so, so i'll need a miracle to beat that
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5903|United States

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

argo4 wrote:

incline press 3x8
barbell row 3x8
chinups 2x failure
pushups 2xfailure
lat dumbbell raises 2x 8
bicep curl 2X7

any suggestions welcome
where are the squats?
who needs lower body strength lol

but srsly,, i do this at home and so it's kind of a stopgap workout. hopefully i'll go to the school gym in january, where they can show me how to squat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard