Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6681|Canberra, AUS
You don't have to camp to get killstreaks. You just have to be very aware of your surroundings.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5794|Catherine Black

Miggle wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

Miggle, we get it...you don't like it...go back to CoD2 or something

In my experience, 20-28 is the ideal number of players and certainly not a grenade clusterfuck, although that depends on the people you play with and not the game itself. Hell, DF:BHD used to run 50 player servers, which was awesome (although the maps were infinite and not walled in like CoD has always been)
I honestly have found that I prefer playing with under 6 players. Once the game gets much bigger it stops being fun. Delta Force is a completely different game, I've enjoyed 64 players in several games, but CoD4 wasn't good with more than 6.

Sorry my opinions aren't good enough for you fox.
I personally feel the game is .. alright at 6, but can be a bit lonely. I much prefer a fast paced frantic match, with lots of targets. 10 players in S&D is perfect, imo. I just played a vanilla game with 28 players on Crossfire. Lots of grenade spam, but if you know where they're going it's easy to avoid. Then you just work on crushing the retarded pub-whores, I got quite a few choppers, which doesn't happen often on S&D.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6673

It's about team work and winning the match.  One guy camps to get the kill streaks and back up the guys ahead, while another protects the camper.  Others keep forward and stay in the mix.  While camping, I enable team kill streak abilities like counter-UAV.  It helps the team.

Same with the riot shield.  I use the riot shield to advance and distract the enemy, while my team mate stays just behind me to supply the firepower.
Spark
+874|6681|Canberra, AUS

Finray wrote:

Miggle wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

Miggle, we get it...you don't like it...go back to CoD2 or something

In my experience, 20-28 is the ideal number of players and certainly not a grenade clusterfuck, although that depends on the people you play with and not the game itself. Hell, DF:BHD used to run 50 player servers, which was awesome (although the maps were infinite and not walled in like CoD has always been)
I honestly have found that I prefer playing with under 6 players. Once the game gets much bigger it stops being fun. Delta Force is a completely different game, I've enjoyed 64 players in several games, but CoD4 wasn't good with more than 6.

Sorry my opinions aren't good enough for you fox.
I personally feel the game is .. alright at 6, but can be a bit lonely. I much prefer a fast paced frantic match, with lots of targets. 10 players in S&D is perfect, imo. I just played a vanilla game with 28 players on Crossfire. Lots of grenade spam, but if you know where they're going it's easy to avoid. Then you just work on crushing the retarded pub-whores, I got quite a few choppers, which doesn't happen often on S&D.
The game is plenty fast paced at 18 players.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6748|FUCK UBISOFT

Ilocano wrote:

It's about team work and winning the match.  One guy camps to get the kill streaks and back up the guys ahead, while another protects the camper.  Others keep forward and stay in the mix.  While camping, I enable team kill streak abilities like counter-UAV.  It helps the team.

Same with the riot shield.  I use the riot shield to advance and distract the enemy, while my team mate stays just behind me to supply the firepower.
I don't know if you understand how bad that sounds.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6673

Miggle wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

???
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6751|The Island of Carls Jr.
...So is TDm only 6v6?
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6748|FUCK UBISOFT

Ilocano wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

???
killstreaks legitimize camping. As with CoD4, the new features promote bad play.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6159|what

This was asked earlier in the thread, so the available game modes are:

Capture the Flag
Demolition
Domination
Free-For-All
Headquarters Pro
Sabotage
Search and Destroy
Team Deathmatch
War
3rd Person Team Deathmatch

(Hardcore) Team Deathmatch
(Hardcore) Search and Destroy
(Hardcore) 3rd Person Team Deathmatch
(Hardcore) 3rd Person Cagematch
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6453|Chicago, IL
Why would they add 3rd person?  If i wanted to play gears of war, I'd play gears of war
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Is the minimum still 9v9 or are there lower player caps?
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6748|FUCK UBISOFT

{TL}SHARPSHOOTER wrote:

Is the minimum still 9v9 or are there lower player caps?
there's lower caps.

S.Lythberg wrote:

Why would they add 3rd person?  If i wanted to play gears of war, I'd play gears of war
nobody's forcing you to play third person...

Last edited by Miggle (2009-11-12 17:25:32)

Spark
+874|6681|Canberra, AUS

S.Lythberg wrote:

don't know - don't really care either as I'll never play it
~ Richard Feynman
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
So is TDM only 6v6?
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6748|FUCK UBISOFT

{TL}SHARPSHOOTER wrote:

So is TDM only 6v6?
afaik, but I can't verify that.
Spark
+874|6681|Canberra, AUS

{TL}SHARPSHOOTER wrote:

So is TDM only 6v6?
6v6 max yes. 3v3 min. unless you play ground war which pushes it up to 9v9 tdm.

Last edited by Spark (2009-11-12 18:06:53)

~ Richard Feynman
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6748|FUCK UBISOFT

Spark wrote:

{TL}SHARPSHOOTER wrote:

So is TDM only 6v6?
is there any way to make sure your game is 3v3?
Spark
+874|6681|Canberra, AUS

Miggle wrote:

Spark wrote:

{TL}SHARPSHOOTER wrote:

So is TDM only 6v6?
no, cos you can't kick
~ Richard Feynman
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6748|FUCK UBISOFT

Spark wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Spark wrote:

no, cos you can't kick
so it's really easy to get into a good game, if your idea of good is the same as the devs, otherwise go fuck yourself.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6359|Troy, New York
You can do 9v9 TDM with ground war.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6159|what

6v6 must be epic
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6469|cuntshitlake

6v6 was pretty much the optimal number of players for Cod4. Dunno about the MW2 map sizes though.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Spark
+874|6681|Canberra, AUS

DeathUnlimited wrote:

6v6 was pretty much the optimal number of players for Cod4. Dunno about the MW2 map sizes though.
They are generally bigger to cope with the different playstyle. Like, the most cramped TDM map I can  think of (Karachi)  is waaay bigger than a map like Crash, say.
~ Richard Feynman
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6155|'straya
I like the size/ player limits (although the same could be achieved by just selecting decent servers if there was dedicated). Less spammy than cod4... more open. It's very easy, but mainly because its harder for some randy with 3 frags and a P90 to kill you.
Spark
+874|6681|Canberra, AUS

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

I like the size/ player limits (although the same could be achieved by just selecting decent servers if there was dedicated). Less spammy than cod4... more open. It's very easy, but mainly because its harder for some randy with 3 frags and a P90 to kill you.
And that's exactly why I like this over Cod4... when it doesn't lag.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard