Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Spidery_Yoda
Member
+399|5231
# Fixed a crash related to a Crash Course achievement
# Fixed an issue were bots and computer controlled special infected were being reported via "View Game Info"
# Added Team Versus 4 on 4 competitive matchmaking
So yeah. They finally added an option that will hopefully make Versus mode, and hence L4D playable. It's a shame it took them so long that by now the game is in it's dying stage and few people will care. About 8-10 months ago this update would have been wonderful.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|5424|cuntshitlake

I raged when I saw the news.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Brasso
member
+1,549|5591

where*
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+761|5646|United States of America
You were born in the wrong country to play it from. Sorry for the inconvenience. I know this was a big issue for people like you, but still don't rightly understand what the big deal was without it, though.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|5424|cuntshitlake

DesertFox- wrote:

but still don't rightly understand what the big deal was without it, though.
Enemy team was constantly horrible and thus they ragequit after getting pounded in the first round. This would have prevented it as well as made playing actually challenging. I do not remember playing a whole campaign against the same 4 people ever.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+761|5646|United States of America
That happened to me quite a lot as well, but I can't imagine that happening EVERY time. How would matchmaking redress that issue, either?
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|5424|cuntshitlake

It did happen every time because I always played with friends and the opposing team could never cope with us. 4v4 matchmaking would have thrown a similar group of 4 friends against us and thus evened out the teams and thus no one would have ragequit. Too bad I can't be arsed to play much anymore.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Brasso
member
+1,549|5591

DeathUnlimited wrote:

It did happen every time because I always played with friends and the opposing team could never cope with us. 4v4 matchmaking would have thrown a similar group of 4 friends against us and thus evened out the teams and thus no one would have ragequit. Too bad I can't be arsed to play much anymore.
haffey + finland + mutant = raep?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|5305

DeathUnlimited wrote:

It did happen every time because I always played with friends and the opposing team could never cope with us. 4v4 matchmaking would have thrown a similar group of 4 friends against us and thus evened out the teams and thus no one would have ragequit. Too bad I can't be arsed to play much anymore.
Its hard to even get a full lobby, when you start it with friends and all take the same team. Especially when you chose the infected first. Most people leave the lobby right away.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Spidery_Yoda
Member
+399|5231

DesertFox- wrote:

That happened to me quite a lot as well, but I can't imagine that happening EVERY time. How would matchmaking redress that issue, either?
EVERY. TIME. You have no idea how annoying it was to wait 5-10 minutes to get a full lobby, get to the safe room with little opposition, and find ourselves back in the lobby again.

One round and we're back in the lobby, or waiting for 3 more people to join the other team. It wasn't fun. And that is exactly what the vast majority of our L4D playtime was like. All because Valve refused to release a 4v4 option (which was requested in the first week or so after release).

It was either that or play against each other (not fun at all), or constantly give the other team 'a chance' (not fun at all). Even if the other team didn't all ragequit instantly we'd end up playing as nothing but survivors every round because we'd get instant incaps on them when it was our turn as infected (no fun at all).

Sisco10 wrote:

Its hard to even get a full lobby, when you start it with friends and all take the same team. Especially when you chose the infected first. Most people leave the lobby right away.
We always chose survivors first because of that. It made people more inclined to stay. It also meant we rarely got to play infected .

I agree with DU, I just couldn't be bothered anymore. It's too little, way too late.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-11-10 03:38:14)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+761|5646|United States of America
It sounds like you and your buddies were the only people playing the game in your country then. My condolences.

I do, however, disagree with your claim that playing against each other is not fun at all. I know there are some clans who do that bullshit and teamstack whenever possible so as to never play each other for no real reason. I rarely played the game with my Steam friends and pretty much always pot-lucked, which made it a lot more fun to see how each player could do and talking to the other people who had mics. In your case though, it sounds like your country is full of bastards who won't sit still to have a game with you.
Spidery_Yoda
Member
+399|5231
I'm in the UK and get put in games with anyone in Europe. I always played with DU, NooBest and Lucien, all from other parts of europe, and the problem isn't localised to a single country.

If you ever play with 3 friends against 4 randoms (which, up until now was the ONLY option) you'll soon see what i'm talking about.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|5285|Graz, Austria
I think the main problem here is that you have a campaign to play as the survivors. The infected are only available in Versus mode.
IMO, most people will be clueless when stripped off their weapons and given the ability to puke or an extra long tongue.

If there was a campaign to play as the infected against AI humans (army, police, etc.), people would have learned how to play and versus mode would be easier for them.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|5424|cuntshitlake

The 4v4 seemed to work fairly well but it really should merge the two teams into one lobby after the match is completed so you can choose to do another campaign against the same people. At least it was fun since it actually was 4v4 almost the whole campaign and the enemy team was more challenging than an average random team.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|5429

DeathUnlimited wrote:

The 4v4 seemed to work fairly well but it really should merge the two teams into one lobby after the match is completed so you can choose to do another campaign against the same people. At least it was fun since it actually was 4v4 almost the whole campaign and the enemy team was more challenging than an average random team.
Except my internet died at the end

Sorry guys.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|5424|cuntshitlake

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

The 4v4 seemed to work fairly well but it really should merge the two teams into one lobby after the match is completed so you can choose to do another campaign against the same people. At least it was fun since it actually was 4v4 almost the whole campaign and the enemy team was more challenging than an average random team.
Except my internet died at the end

Sorry guys.
Heh, we won 3000 something to 2000 anyways
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|5429

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

The 4v4 seemed to work fairly well but it really should merge the two teams into one lobby after the match is completed so you can choose to do another campaign against the same people. At least it was fun since it actually was 4v4 almost the whole campaign and the enemy team was more challenging than an average random team.
Except my internet died at the end

Sorry guys.
Heh, we won 3000 something to 2000 anyways
Yeah I figured, we were 2,1000 to 1,000 when I left.
Spidery_Yoda
Member
+399|5231
Gimme a shout next time you guys wanna play, i'd like to see what a relatively balanced Versus game is like. There is actual opposition you say?

I mean i've heard of them but i'd kinda like to see one with my own eyes
Brasso
member
+1,549|5591

DSL sucks

i'll sub in
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|5429

haffeysucks wrote:

DSL sucks

i'll sub in
vittu

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard