mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6717|Sydney, Australia
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6716|Ireland | Monaghan

baggs wrote:

Nic wrote:

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

Personal experience, the other grip you get is nicer on your hand.
he speaks the truth... My last mouse before this one was a mx1000, so getting used to how low profile this one is compaired to that took some time.
Yeah absolutely, i wondered if i'd made the wrong decision once i got it out of the box too, it was just mahusive! I switched out the grips and it just felt right, i had an MX1000 before also

What kind of settings do people use for their G9? My mates played BF2 on mine at the weekend and they said it was near impossible for them to play on my settings.
I haven't really done anything to the settings, apart from change the LED. I do have my DPI upped a fair bit, just the way I like it!
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6843|"Frisco"

chuyskywalker wrote:

http://www.michaelaulia.com/blogs/steelseries-ikari-laser-mouse-review.html
^^ Super happy with this one.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6751|Scotland

Would you recommend it then Chuy? Any problems/cons with it?

My G7 is starting to piss me off as it constantly just dies because the battery isn't the same as it was before. Added to the fact that there's a chip on the first button that really annoys my index finger.

I just don't know what mouse to get.
baggs
+732|6200

Zimmer wrote:

My G7 is starting to piss me off as it constantly just dies because the battery isn't the same as it was before. Added to the fact that there's a chip on the first button that really annoys my index finger.

Starting to sound like i'm spamming, but, G9
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6751|Scotland

baggs wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Reasons. Now. I'll consider all the options.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6734|Toronto | Canada

I still really like my G5

Fits the hand well, adjustable weight, looks pretty, smooth on desk or mousepad, has 2 sidebuttons on new version... and no rollerball
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6410|Finland

Winston_Churchill wrote:

I still really like my G5

Fits the hand well, adjustable weight, looks pretty, smooth on desk or mousepad, has 2 sidebuttons on new version... and no rollerball
Yeah I love my G5 rev.2. Perfect fit for my big hand.

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2009-11-04 10:00:56)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6843|"Frisco"

Zimmer wrote:

None. I suggest you got to a store with a display and get your hands on some. A mouse is one of the two primary inputs for your machine -- don't e-shop for them.

I think, for my needs, the Ikari stacks up quite well. The only thing it's not got that the G9 had was ... well, the weight system. It has the onboard memory, profiles, etc. Oh, I guess the DPI doesn't go to 5 brazillion like the G9 does, but I don't seem to use it very high anyway (I lost my twitch ability a long time ago) so that's not a big deal for me.

However, the middle click and general fit of the Ikari is far, far more compatible with me. I would recommend it -- if it fits for you.
-MetaL*
Sup guies
+157|5629|Southern California
I just bought one of these for $110.

https://djskyko.com/Picts/Using%20in%20Site/Gear/EA-1.jpg

And might be getting this for $20.

https://www.sweetwater.com/images/items/Oxygen8v2-large.jpg
Microwave
_
+515|6650|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
^^^^^^ nice nice nice!

What kind of music do you do?

I got an Alesis drum machine last week but no one seemed interested sadface
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6751|Scotland

chuyskywalker wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

None. I suggest you got to a store with a display and get your hands on some. A mouse is one of the two primary inputs for your machine -- don't e-shop for them.

I think, for my needs, the Ikari stacks up quite well. The only thing it's not got that the G9 had was ... well, the weight system. It has the onboard memory, profiles, etc. Oh, I guess the DPI doesn't go to 5 brazillion like the G9 does, but I don't seem to use it very high anyway (I lost my twitch ability a long time ago) so that's not a big deal for me.

However, the middle click and general fit of the Ikari is far, far more compatible with me. I would recommend it -- if it fits for you.
There's just one itsy bitsy problem with that. I live in Scotland. We don't have decent PC shops here. I am quite positive there is no shop that will have the G9, Ikari, Deathadder etc... So e-shopping is the only way to go.
baggs
+732|6200

Zimmer wrote:

baggs wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Reasons. Now. I'll consider all the options.
Some reasons:

Build quality; it just reeks of stability and high end material use.

Weight adjustment; it comes with a stack of weights to fine tune.

Grip adjustment; two grips supplied with the mouse tho the larger 'stock' grip makes the mouse feel like a brick.

High Dpi; massive Dpi scale, easily tuneable and easy to set up profiles.

Adjustable roller button; you can switch this between the standard 'click click click' roller or a no resistance roller via the switch located on the bottom on the mouse.

It glides; i use an eXact mat by Razer and it's like playing a game on air when you use the speed side.

My previous mice consisted of two MX1000 and a Razer/MS Habu. G9 has destroyed them all.

I'm not saying its the pinnacle of mouse technology but it's certainley well priced and well geared for the money. My mate has the Sidewinder mouse and in comparison it's just not as good. Two other mate's use Roccat's and they have reported poor build quality and very much enjoyed using my G9 at the weekend.

Edit: But what Chuy said is probably best, if you can get hands on, mouse comfort probably outweighs any features a mouse can boast. The G9 does have a very unorthodox shape and when i unpacked it i actually said 'what the fuck is that' and already regretted my purchase (well swap out). The MX1000 and Habu being very ergonmically designed led me to believe i would hate the G9, this is not the case. I wubz it.

Last edited by baggs (2009-11-05 02:54:39)

[CSE]Anubis
+24|5988

Zimmer wrote:

chuyskywalker wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

There's just one itsy bitsy problem with that. I live in Scotland. We don't have decent PC shops here. I am quite positive there is no shop that will have the G9, Ikari, Deathadder etc... So e-shopping is the only way to go.
PC Gamer just off Dumbarton Road is quite big, never been in it so don't know what the selection is like.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6645

james@alienware wrote:

Blackberry 8520 Curve

http://blog.phoneslimited.co.uk/files/2 … n-hand.jpg

Was going to get one on contract but it worked out way cheaper buying the phone separate.
Going to be my next phone I think. Why did you go for that over the 8900 out of interest?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6493

well, i didn't buy it. traded a camera for a monitor, doubled my screen real estate. does that count?
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6654|BC, Canada
https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/twigmar/Supreme-LT-Plexi-Nickel_01.jpg
-MetaL*
Sup guies
+157|5629|Southern California

james@alienware wrote:

^^^^^^ nice nice nice!

I have a Korg ER-1 and EA-1 (the one pictured) and some distortion pedals I hook them to, a Roland MC-505 and a TR-606.
Is your Alesis an SR series?

I plan on doing Electronic/Hardcore punk music, kind of a like a mix of Minor Threat, The Prodigy, Atari Teenage Riot, and The Clash haha.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5760|Belgium
Bought a new GPU today, as my old one gave up on me. The salesman was being a dick about the return policy so I didn't want to run the risk of having bought a card that doesn't fit in.. So I settled with less

A MSI R4650-MD1G( 1GB ddr2, 600mhz clock / 1 ghz) I hope this baby will run BF2 fine
https://img188.imageshack.us/img188/1246/63790750.jpg

and some extra ram Kingson 2x1GB, PC 5300 DDR2
I really hope these will fit in.. they look so short (in height)?? Does anyone know

https://img14.imageshack.us/img14/8642/hpim2534e.jpg

Last edited by Jebus (2009-11-06 05:24:04)

Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6193|Winland

Jebus wrote:

Bought a new GPU today, as my old one gave up on me. The salesman was being a dick about the return policy so I didn't want to run the risk of having bought a card that doesn't fit in.. So I settled with less

A MSI R4650-MD1G
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/1246/63790750.jpg

I really hope these will fit in.. they look so short (in height)?? Does anyone know

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/8642/hpim2534e.jpg
You bought an MSI thing? Enjoy your six-month graphics card.

And yes, the RAM will fit. Kingston are just saving PCB.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5760|Belgium

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Jebus wrote:

A MSI R4650-MD1G

Oh well, it has a 2 year warranty I believe, should be fine I'll be buying a new PC by that time anyway.
Thanks for the heads-up on the ram
Microwave
_
+515|6650|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK

ghettoperson wrote:

james@alienware wrote:

Blackberry 8520 Curve

http://blog.phoneslimited.co.uk/files/2 … n-hand.jpg

Was going to get one on contract but it worked out way cheaper buying the phone separate.
Going to be my next phone I think. Why did you go for that over the 8900 out of interest?
Mainly the trackpad, I really don't like the ball on the other blackberrys, the trackpad also works a lot better and is more reliable. The 8520 is also very slightly smaller. And everrrrrrrrryone has the 8900 these days so it's nice to be a bit different. I think it looks sleeker too.

-MetaL* wrote:

james@alienware wrote:

^^^^^^ nice nice nice!

I have a Korg ER-1 and EA-1 (the one pictured) and some distortion pedals I hook them to, a Roland MC-505 and a TR-606.
Is your Alesis an SR series?

I plan on doing Electronic/Hardcore punk music, kind of a like a mix of Minor Threat, The Prodigy, Atari Teenage Riot, and The Clash haha.
Yeah, an SR-16, and I've got a Korg R3.

Sounds like you've got a really good setup, a 606 too!
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5784|Catherine Black

Jebus wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Jebus wrote:

A MSI R4650-MD1G

Oh well, it has a 2 year warranty I believe, should be fine I'll be buying a new PC by that time anyway.
Thanks for the heads-up on the ram
That's an alright GPU for a casual gamer. It'll run BF2 high no problem. But in future steer clear of anything with MSI on it. They don't have the best reputation.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5760|Belgium
Yeah, this is the first time I've ran BF2 on high now lol, looks so great Only tried 1024*768 @ 2AA right now. I'm a bit scared of high resolutions lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard