Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6648|Brisbane, Australia

look, snipers can be effective, you have to have the right circumstances.

There was a good guide on here about the teamwork sniper, that is, stick with a squad but hang back so the enemies see your friends first then you can pick them off before they engage your squadies, plus when you have a team sniper with you they can spot enemy armor or squads before they hit the flag that your team is defending/capping, that is if you are capping/defending/attacking flags, if your not, what are you doing! seeing as thats the main objective in battlefield, to gain more flags than the enemy and to reduce thier tickets to 0

Another good point was not to crane, or go for hights above two stories because they are easy kills for other snipers.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6689|Germany
Hmm,I don't think the sniper kit is useless.

A few days ago my score on Mashtuur was 21/0,before that  I had a nice round on Kubra Dam which ended for me having 18/0 kills.

Every class has its pros and cons.
Thanks to FF off for mines the sniper class has become the perfect flag defender,my flag defend points have skyrocketed since 1.2.
But it's not a class for running and gunning,no CQC.
Most of all you need patience,sometimes nobody comes along,some other time you can't decide which one to shoot first.And it's of course a question of preference,some people just don't like this "waiting and waiting just to miss your one chance to get a kill",others just love and always use the idea/principle of "one shot,one kill".
irok100
+114|6642
Well.. i wouldn'tcall the sniper kit useless... at first yes... sniper sucked, an i wasn't great at it... but igot my avg. round score on wake up to about 50 points sniping.... Key to sniping in that level is long range... i make sure to take out supports from 150 + meters
Trooper_Collider
+25|6736

IronFerret wrote:

... your pretty much fuck up if an armor spots you...
Well, ANY infantry soldier is pretty much f*cked up when spotted by an armor, even a Spec Ops player or an AT. I have Veteran Armor Badge (that means more than 100 h using armor) and the number of Spec Ops and AT troops I've killed while in a Tank or APC is up to a couple of thousands, maybe more. Actually, the number of Snipers I've killed with a tank in comparison is quite low, probably not even a hundred.

Semper Fi!
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6680|UK
I got gold medal on Mashtuur with 24 kills with the L96, some rifle, I got loads of PKM users too
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6641|South Korea.

Knochenmann_AUT wrote:

There are no weaks classes. There are only waek players.
Well said, I love being a sniper. I dont suck.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6744|Toronto, ON
The sniper kit isn't useless... It's just that everyone else other than me makes it useless.
Alpha as fuck.
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6665|A sunburnt country

Nyte wrote:

The sniper kit isn't useless... It's just that everyone else other than me makes it useless.
LOL...............you only have 5500 kills with a sniper rifle, plus 1000 claymore kills, equals 6500 out of 14000 as a sniper!!

Looks like someone likes to dress up as a sniper whilst playing Commander.............maybe ?

I am envious of your accuracy with a rifle though.........hope you got it there honestly.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

sniper is useless, thats why i have gottin 2,000 sniper kills since 1.2 came out
NukeDK
+1|6822|Denmark

Silverwolf3032 wrote:

Seriously, shut the hell up and go play assult class.
My sniper skills aren't that good, but that's cuz I love Spec-Ops. I'm going for my expert sniper badge so I've been playing a lot of sniper lately and I have to say, the kit is kick ass. I've racked up a lot of kills with only a few deaths. you have to know how to play the kit, don't rush at a flag with your assult and anti-tank friends, stay back, head-shot a few enemies and let your grunts cap the flag.
That is so true, i have never playde the sniper that much but now that i have to get my expert sniper, all that i can say is DAMN this kit is so nice 20 kills an 2-3 deads but sometimes more but that arty deads.....

I think that the sniper kit rocks, i just loves head shoots

See you on the battlefield
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6750|06-01
am playing the support and sniper kits more than any other kit nowadays (mainly cos i want to get them to 100hrs) and i have rediscovered my love for  the pkm and mg36 and claymores!
gotta love those claymores!
<b|k> lukie
+7|6714|Germany
My tips: Stay above (i.e. roofs), dont walk on flat ground. Use back ways any time. Stay with the action, change position, when spotted. Use your m8 as distraction.

There are maps which are perfekt for snipers like Sharqi, because of its many dark, hidden spots and much prey. There are maps, wich suck for snipers.

Sniper rocks! Today i had 45 kills 22 deaths 113 points and gold on sharqi. Just avoid tank whores. The accuracy of M24 and LS96A is what i expect from a sniper rifle.
IronFerret
+48|6649|Mexico City.
Well i think i have to eat my own words: sniper kit isnt useless.. i follow some of the advices you give me.. and play it more often, its a real fun kit and it can handle pretty well in some maps... also claymore rocks!!

pd. about the arrogant tard asking me to have english clases i would like to know how many lenguajes you talk... i dont even think you have a major.. so stick to the topic or dont post.
Sickness
+0|6616|Killingly, CT
I think the real fault here is how you're basing the kit's purpose and/or effeciency in other grey areas. Honestly, my time as a Sniper has been limited - infact I only got my Vet. Sniper badge the other day, but due to playing the class at its strengths and within its overall realm, I had a blast. Defending flags from afar, spotting EVERYTHING that you can close in with the reticle, and sneaking from position to position really bring in the heights of the class for myself. Having the Razorback mouse with on the fly sensitivity is huge - I can go from medium-high for running around, pistoling if I have to to semi-low for smooth, fluid tracking shots. The kit/class is very effecient in its own right. To put it in perspective as I see it, a excellent/effective Sniper isn't necessarily the one at the top of the score chart at the end of every round.

Also, to go out on a limb here.. I'd have to say to learn long range tracking shots is one of the nastiest learning curves in the game. Anyone can lay down some pwnage with the various kits within the CQC limits. I've played the majority of the kits to a respectable degree and been successful in every one (save the Anti-tank kit as far as a combat score goes.. man.. that's hard work) as far as team points and combat point/decent KD ratios go. To practice the patience, the skill to hit a moving target (sprinting? zomgz) that's dolphin diving and making a strafing directional change every 2 seconds is really what defines the good, the decent, and the "wtf holy shit?!". I've only been getting consistent at hitting moving let alone sprinting targets at the extreme draw distances, but someone that can do that on a shot-per-shot basis brings the class to a new level (especially for flag D).

I respect Snipers - especially the devoted ones who think of teamplay in a different way rather than racking up skulls on the scoreboard.
vassili_zaitsev
+1|6619

Sickness wrote:

I think the real fault here is how you're basing the kit's purpose and/or effeciency in other grey areas. Honestly, my time as a Sniper has been limited - infact I only got my Vet. Sniper badge the other day, but due to playing the class at its strengths and within its overall realm, I had a blast. Defending flags from afar, spotting EVERYTHING that you can close in with the reticle, and sneaking from position to position really bring in the heights of the class for myself. Having the Razorback mouse with on the fly sensitivity is huge - I can go from medium-high for running around, pistoling if I have to to semi-low for smooth, fluid tracking shots. The kit/class is very effecient in its own right. To put it in perspective as I see it, a excellent/effective Sniper isn't necessarily the one at the top of the score chart at the end of every round.

Also, to go out on a limb here.. I'd have to say to learn long range tracking shots is one of the nastiest learning curves in the game. Anyone can lay down some pwnage with the various kits within the CQC limits. I've played the majority of the kits to a respectable degree and been successful in every one (save the Anti-tank kit as far as a combat score goes.. man.. that's hard work) as far as team points and combat point/decent KD ratios go. To practice the patience, the skill to hit a moving target (sprinting? zomgz) that's dolphin diving and making a strafing directional change every 2 seconds is really what defines the good, the decent, and the "wtf holy shit?!". I've only been getting consistent at hitting moving let alone sprinting targets at the extreme draw distances, but someone that can do that on a shot-per-shot basis brings the class to a new level (especially for flag D).

I respect Snipers - especially the devoted ones who think of teamplay in a different way rather than racking up skulls on the scoreboard.
I've tried long and hard to hit distant moving targets and I'm only successful 25% of the time, I 'lead' my target by a fair bit but often latency problems make my shot go slightly behind the target. I think the latency of the enemy might be a factor as well, as I kept nailing this guy last night at long range, about 2/3 shots landed on him even when he was SPRINTING, while I kept missing other easier targets. Odd.
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6643|The Netherlands

IronFerret wrote:

I dont want to ofense nobody.. but what do you think of that? i grab this video from another topic:

http://media.putfile.com/Rooftop-Camping-PKM-Style

there it goes with the pkm you have ARMOR+UNLIMITED AMMO
with the medic kit you got HEAL YOURSELF+G36
with spec ops you have C4+G36

But the sniper kit you have to be looking to the glass.. hiting moving targets its dificult.. you dont have any armor.. with the new patch you have just 2 claymores.. your pretty much fuck up if an armor spots you.. and i have never take a flag with an sniper kit.. or saw someon doing it with out suport of other kits.. its assault hability its reduce to its tinny pistol...

And about that "camo" common.. its useless. in my opinion only make you a shining target..  "look there it goes a sniper kill him!! (you look like an ewok or something).. Also you might say that sniper its made to be sneaky.. but what the hell you can be sneaky even in the enginer kit.. whats that diferences "your camo" dont think so.

dont take my wrong i think snipers are cool but in this game its pretty much useless.
maybe u should pick the sniper kit more. the pistols realy pwn. really sniper pwns. you could kill al people in the distance shooting on you with one click. and if someone comes to close run away drop a claymore behind you grap your pistol and lay behind the clay. really works.
l41e
+677|6640

Nyte wrote:

Real informative post, eh...?

(and no the sniper kit isn't useless)
dont_be_ss
+312|6586|selby, n. yorkshire, UK
why is nyte such a big head? how is the sniper kit useless? are u using it from 10m away, lol :@)
IronFerret
+48|6649|Mexico City.
i did said allready isnt usless it can be efective and fun.

nevertheless i think teams full of snipers wannabe almost always lose. and i can say cos i admin a great wall server and the sniper kit always loose.

Last edited by IronFerret (2006-04-13 16:31:22)

elite3444
The other kid
+24|6629|USA
fuck u thats my best kit and i love using it some guy didnt see me hiding in grass (camo works if u find the right spot) and shot this guy looking right at me
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6726|cairns australia
its just how you use it.
https://x402.putfile.com/4/10401382763-thumb.jpg
https://x402.putfile.com/4/10401400063-thumb.png
sheggalism
+16|6734|France
nice ! and with the SVD ! (I love playing Mass Destruction as a Sniper too)
And about that "camo" common.. its useless. in my opinion only make you a shining target..  "look there it goes a sniper kill him!! (you look like an ewok or something)..
LOL wicket with a freaking M95 ! try to imagine what it could look like !
Sniper's jobs : killing AT guys focused on tank hunting, mounted MG and TOW users, counter-sniping, distract and annoy enemies, and especially defend flags !
masterderman
TaNk WhOrE
+1|6628|Charlotte N.C.

Knochenmann_AUT wrote:

There are no weaks classes. There are only waek players.
i agree 100% but i will take it further, there are players who just don't have the patience to play the sniper kit. not that i am saying that i am the greatest sniper, but i can get alot of kills in a game with the kit, and i really didn't start playing the kit till after 1.2 for some reason, but as to snipers don't do any damage?!?! what the hell are you thinking? they can cap flags, kill people as the lift off in jets and helos, i mean come on, just b/c you can't play the kit doesn't mean it is worthless
ShellShock.PwN
+31|6779|Barrie Ontario
I just started using the sniper more often cause i always found myself shooting people from far away with assault rifles cause thats just how i play. I want to get that new sniper rifle cause its amazing.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6757|Toronto Canada
sniping owns. IT OWNS!!!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard