Poll

Which one do you prefer, regular BF2 or BF2 SF???

'vanilla' BF250%50% - 81
BF2 Special forces49%49% - 79
Total: 160
ZimiZuhu
+11|6661
Which one do you prefer and why?
ZimiZuhu
+11|6661
I like more SF 'cause it has ghost town, mi-35 HIND, crapple hook and zip line.

Last edited by ZimiZuhu (2006-07-30 11:20:21)

Kontrolfreq
+50|6606|Cambridge UK
They are both fun, but i'm still learning the SF maps, plus there a sod all servers running it!
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.

ZimiZuhu wrote:

I like more SF 'cause it have ghost town and mi-35 HIND
You have got to mean the Apache!I hate that flying bus hind!

Anyway i voted for Sf becuase of the tear gas,ziplines and Grappling hooks.i think it adds more strategy to the game.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6625|EU

I prefer vanila because on SF it often writes me that I have modified content and bla bla bla...I just can not join some maps or servers. For example, I havent played yet Leviathan and Devils perch, it pisses me off! And servers arent so much to make a choice:( but I like very much Ghost town. If it would be possible, maybe I would play SF more then normal BF2.

Excuse me for grammar...
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6754
"vanilla". Because of my PC
Masta_Daco
+39|6738|Amsterdam,The Netherlands
i like vanilla more cuz the maps on SF are not really that good excpet for warlord and 1 other but thats all the nice maps.
K1OVERDOSE
+2|6655
My Machine runs BF2 like a freaking dream.  Some reason, even with a ping of 30 the LAG on BFSF is groosum.  Even when I'm away from the action as a sniper, a choper could fly right over me and as he passes I notice the CH-CH-CHOPPPNESSSS of LAG. That Bits!!!  So, my Vote, BF2.....
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645
i thought it was hokey pokey

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-04-13 14:43:33)

imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6771|Human Meat Shield

K1OVERDOSE wrote:

My Machine runs BF2 like a freaking dream.  Some reason, even with a ping of 30 the LAG on BFSF is groosum.  Even when I'm away from the action as a sniper, a choper could fly right over me and as he passes I notice the CH-CH-CHOPPPNESSSS of LAG. That Bits!!!  So, my Vote, BF2.....
The reason why it's choppy is other's pings or some servers have 64 players in a 64 map all bunched up in one area! Thats why alot of SF servers are toning it down a bit so the servers wont overload on a pixel fightfest! I've see the same thing in EURO; some servers toned down a bit especially the Great Wall because of lag. I guess you can't fit that many pixels in one place without jaggedness, I don't know...
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6742|England
I tend to play vanilla more often but I do like SF, just not all the time. Its good when you fancy a change (and balls to the other rip-offs)
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6667|NT, like Mick Dundee

wooly-back-jack wrote:

I tend to play vanilla more often but I do like SF, just not all the time. Its good when you fancy a change (and balls to the other rip-offs)
What he said. I play SF when I feel like a change... For some reason I like the Spetznaz (or however you spell it) maps the most... Devil's Perch is good too... Ghost Town is the best of the SF maps though.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
dankassasin42o
+68|6681|Reefersyde, CA
SF, AH64 Apache
imdead
Death StatPadder
Got the Mass Destruction one running now; but I don't see alot of Rebel Maps, why is that? I bet it would be VERY difficult to get the 4500 hrs as a freakin' Rebel. Is Mass and Surge the only ones that host that army?
IronFerret
+48|6659|Mexico City.
i used to like it mor vanilla.. but now i know i was wrong.

BF:SF all the way.
imdead
Death StatPadder
Yeah, Same here! Warlord has now topped my most played list! People are missing out. The problem is that servers are stuffing 64 players into a friggin' palace and expect no lag! That's impossible, you have to play ?Warlord with around 40 players to run sufficient.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6674|Colorado
There was another post like this, at the time I still liked vanilla better, now that I've been in vanilla so much I needed new maps.

Warlord, ghost town, surge have been my staples, very good maps, the rest though are questionable.

I suppose after I play sf as much as I played vanilla{plus get those elusive 50hour side ribbons} then I'll move to EF maps, course great wall & smoke screen are the only ones to play, the quarry is a plane whores dream everyone elses nightmare.
imdead
Death StatPadder
Surge you have to take a friggin' taxi just to get anywhere! Don't like that on at all, but it is fun to crawl up in that vent to the top and suprise the commander at his homebase.   Mass Destruction is pretty cool on the first flag and in the chemical warehouse.  Warlord and GHost still seem to be the fav, dammit.
CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6591|California U.S.A
Bf2 "vanilla" been playing this almost all the time now...

the China maps are bitchin'!

Fushe Pass is my fave dont get to play alot on rotation and actually i almost always go sniping on that and end up on the losing side more often than the win, but damn thats a fun map to crawl in the weeds in....

Got the SF pretty soon after in came out played a little on it then unistalled it for a while, now its re-installed again

Now that i think about it I should hop back on the short transport and go try a few SF maps!

its been a few months come to think of it?

Oh wait i remember now i got pissed at the freakin' flashbangs before they reduced the radius on that last patch nothing like seeing white as your trying to use the "force" to gun down your assailant with a couple of big ass marshmellows jammed in your ocular cavities.. thats why i quit for a while on the SF... 

Last edited by Seal 3 (2006-04-14 00:13:14)

imdead
Death StatPadder
Hehe, trust me, they use flashbangs more on Vanilla than they do in SF.. It's a newbies new toy on Vanilla, the regulars on SF rarely use it, I see it a couple times in the Palace, but going around corners you kinda expect that.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6762
Try using the search feature. The last poll, Bf2 won about 80 votes to 50.
ZimiZuhu
+11|6661

jord wrote:

ZimiZuhu wrote:

I like more SF 'cause it have ghost town and mi-35 HIND
You have got to mean the Apache!I hate that flying bus hind!

Anyway i voted for Sf becuase of the tear gas,ziplines and Grappling hooks.i think it adds more strategy to the game.
no I mean HIND. i love it
imdead
Death StatPadder

Talon wrote:

Try using the search feature. The last poll, Bf2 won about 80 votes to 50.
Yeah I have a floating one on here about a poll on which SF maps people like best and it seems to not get around until the second time........
chrnoicle
+23|6607|Canada
I recently found a new love for special forces ITS SOOOO FUN. I didnt like it at first because i thought i didnt get enough points and such but then i said fuck it and now my score is going up and up so i love it now
PRiMACORD
+190|6627|Home of the Escalade Herds
Choppers in SF > Choppers in vanilla

Since i mostly fly choppers...SF it is. I still play vanilla quite a bit tho for the maps + AH-1Z fun.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard