^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6812|Long Beach, CA
Globefish had the system that I think would workout best for this game.
Ptfo
thepilot91
+64|6249|Ă…land!

RoaringJet[FIN] wrote:

Good suggestion but shouldnt apply on snipers and supports, for obvious reasons.
support is obvious yes but why shouldnt snipers?! i mean the most exposed ones if the meet up with basically anything (vechli/infantryclass) all the sudden in cqc ...
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6336|Graz, Austria

Lucien wrote:

wow globefish that's a very good post
Thanks.

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

Also, it would be nice if such first-aid kits were mounted in obvious locations in the main base of each team, for example on the heli pad trailers, on the airfield hangars or on those small buildings/tents near the vehicle areas.
This would allow wounded soldiers to retreat for healing in most cases if they have no medic around, while still being a longer more tedious way, balancing the quicker respawn.
I agree with this, though for obvious reasons it should not work for the enemy team, even if it's a cappable back base.
Yeah, probably not.
To keep a consistent experience, stationary health packs could even spawn at their respective locations, depending which team has capped the flag.
Then you could even create asymmetrical situations by adding more or less health packs, depending on the game type (assault or head-on) and who's the defender or attacker.
Also, a gradient with more stationary health packs the further back you go to your main base.

But anyway, I doubt we will ever see the addition of health packs anyway, so the only feasible and logical health regeneration could be done in vehicles.
BF2 doesn't have any other mountable/walkable assets. (The tents in some main bases as field hospital, anyone?)
It just wouldn't make any sense if you'd get health regenerated from a TOW missile or AA site.

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

I dunno if regenerating health is a good idea, especially if it's added into the game at this stage. It's one of the things that makes firefights so worrying - if you do get hit you won't be able to get health back unless theres a medic around which, unless it's an infantry-centric map like kark, there most likely won't be.
Even if it is slow - one bar every 10 seconds - it would only be 3 minutes until they're back to full health. Not in the same league as the 5 seconds in COD/Halo, but still not that long in terms of gametime.
True.
Instant health refill and instant resupply for that matter are the worst aspects in BF2.

We have time consuming weapon reloading in guns and vehicles, repairing vehicles and resupplying from crates.
Yet, the health packs and resupply bags seem to be magical and can do the job instantly, as if we were back in 1993 in Doom.

I think instant health recharge should be ditched:
Medic class heals friendlies very fast.
Medic class heals themselves medium fast.
Other classes heal themselves slowly (with the speed of the commander crates).
Static medpacks heal the slowest.

Same for resupply, where it's medium fast for everyone (grabbing ammo should be faster than patching wounds).

Problems solved.

Last edited by globefish23 (2009-10-15 15:05:31)

I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6145|Scotland!
4 nades with slow heal = broken infantry game
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6666
4 nades no ff indestructible claymores and inaccurate weapons = broken infantry game
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6680

I'm Jamesey wrote:

4 nades with slow heal = broken medic squad game
fixed
HSG
+23|6487|British Columbia, Canada
I hate regenerating health.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6283

I'm Jamesey wrote:

4 nades = broken infantry game
Fixed even more.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6365|Troy, New York
I miss the health cabinets from 1942. Maybe some more of those scattered around?
Otherwise something like a fast recharge after you are out of combat for an extended period of time.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6466|The Twilight Zone

h4hagen wrote:

I miss the health cabinets from 1942. Maybe some more of those scattered around?
Otherwise something like a fast recharge after you are out of combat for an extended period of time.
BF42 is a different kinda a game, all maps are very open, you can't stay on one place too long, on ammo/health crates for example and camp the shit out of passing infantry, you have to move while in BF2 you could lie on the crates and camp in inf mode.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
RoaringJet[FIN]
+16|5468

.Sup wrote:

h4hagen wrote:

BF42 is a different kinda a game, all maps are very open, you can't stay on one place too long, on ammo/health crates for example and camp the shit out of passing infantry, you have to move while in BF2 you could lie on the crates and camp in inf mode.
Thats exactly what i did in bf1942
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6145|Scotland!

Lucien wrote:

4 nades no ff indestructible claymores and inaccurate weapons = broken infantry game
told the producer the same thing before the patch and he was having none of it.
edlT
2+2=Vagina
+46|5411|USA

I'm Jamesey wrote:

game that was made for vehicles = broken infantry game
fixed.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6466|The Twilight Zone

RoaringJet[FIN] wrote:

.Sup wrote:

h4hagen wrote:

You lay on a crate and waited till someone passed so you can shot him in the back? Wow your life must be boring.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6285

I'm Jamesey wrote:

4 nades with slow heal = broken infantry game
This. Everyone would hang out in cover waiting for their health to regenerate. It would bog down IO gameplay. However, I like globefishes idea. In vehicle maps, where the pace is much slower than IO, health regen in vehicles would only improve the game. +1 to both.
RoaringJet[FIN]
+16|5468

.Sup wrote:

RoaringJet[FIN] wrote:

.Sup wrote:

You lay on a crate and waited till someone passed so you can shot him in the back? Wow your life must be boring.
Nah I camped on the mountain next to the axis base in el alamein with a sniper.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard