El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5732|Gulf Coast

The Mist -- 5/10 Boring and kind of cheesey, not cool cheesey like a B rated Sci-fi,  just trying to be serious but not cheesey.

Disturbia -- 3/10 It's based on an old Hitchcock flick so it's unoriginal. I was bored and thought it had shitty acting. The suspense parts were ruined by the movies predictability.
JessyCar
FKNAWSM
+30|5371|England
fast and furious 4
8/10 prettyy good
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6657
Towelhead -- it was on last night on HBO was interesting to say the least kind of messed up 2 ah yea rating hmm 7/10
Surrogates-- 5/10 not soo good kind of lame good thing they killed all those phonie robots

Last edited by blademaster (2009-10-05 16:26:48)

justice
OctoPoster
+978|6753|OctoLand
State of Play

Good story and well acted

8/10
I know fucking karate
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6706|San Francisco
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.  Strong 8.5/10.   Absolutely hilarious movie that far exceeded my expectations.  Pretty much second place to Pixar's storytelling and animation ability, stuffed with frantic action for the kids and amazingly witty writing for the adults.  Well done Sony Imageworks!
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6697|United States of America
The Prestige 8/10. Quite good, very entertaining, but not exceptional.
baggs
+732|6216
Watchmen - 10/10. Almost no difference between the cinema experience and sitting at home watching on my old Panasonic, great films like this aren't dependent on the circumstances of viewing.

(edited for grammatical errors)

Last edited by baggs (2009-10-07 01:32:22)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6509

baggs wrote:

Watchmen - 10/10. Almost no difference between the cinema experience and sitting at home watching on my old Panasonic, great films like this aren't depenedant on the circumstances of viewing.
Captain, just now around to seein The Watchmen?

i just watched Animal House. Archival, tbh.
baggs
+732|6216

burnzz wrote:

Captain, just now around to seein The Watchmen?
I saw it upon first release in the UK, i think we went on opening night, i'm sure i've previously rated it in this thread. Had the DVD copy for a little while but only just got round to viewing it once again, last time i felt so satisfied watching a film was when Fight Club first came out.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6705
Rounders

B+/A-

The film really captures the world of the degenerate gambler like no other.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6235|Escea

Kung Fu Panda. Have rated it before, but still give it a 8/10. One of the funniest recent animated movies.
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5436|Athens, GA

Superior Mind wrote:

Rounders

B+/A-

The film really captures the world of the degenerate gambler like no other.
cant wait for the new one. its supposedly in production
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6282
Zombieland.

It was pretty fun I guess.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6590|Columbus, OH
Underworld: Rise of the Lycans
A solid B
or
8 out of 10

Nothing special about the movie just if you are a fan of Underworld, you will probably enjoy this prequel. If you are not fan, then it is the same crap but labeled differently. Same crap as vampires vs werevolves, humans caught in the middle (raw deal), wolves maul vampires, one soft sex scene per movie, daddy-vampire is a dick. Overall, I liked it; the movie was not boring to watch.

Last edited by loubot (2009-10-08 13:50:15)

cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6485|Kakanien
a clockwork orange

9/10
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6486|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Shoot 'em up

9/10

I now want to suck Monicas titties. Badly.

Oh, and My family on TV is
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6486|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Nikita

8/10

Luc Besson knows how to make entertainment.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6753|OctoLand
Pineapple express 7/10

Funny shit
I know fucking karate
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6587|London
Harry Potter and the half blood prince- 8/10

Monsters vs aliens 7/10
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6721|Charlie One Alpha

baggs wrote:

Watchmen - 10/10. Almost no difference between the cinema experience and sitting at home watching on my old Panasonic, great films like this aren't dependent on the circumstances of viewing.

(edited for grammatical errors)
WFT. I first saw Watchmen on a small and old tv set, and I loved it. I now have the blu-ray version, and only now do I realize how beautiful some of that film looks.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5521|America
Zombieland was stupid funny. 7.5/10
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6693|Disaster Free Zone

Aries_37 wrote:

Harry Potter and the half blood prince- 8/10

Monsters vs aliens 7/10
Are you 6?

loubot wrote:

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans
A solid B
or
8 out of 10

Nothing special about the movie just if you are a fan of Underworld, you will probably enjoy this prequel. If you are not fan, then it is the same crap but labeled differently. Same crap as vampires vs werevolves, humans caught in the middle (raw deal), wolves maul vampires, one soft sex scene per movie, daddy-vampire is a dick. Overall, I liked it; the movie was not boring to watch.
I can't remember the specifics but after watching that I came out of the theatre going, wtf half that movie completely contradicts the previous twos' 'flash backs' and story.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6550|Long Island, New York
Crank 2 - 2/10

I somewhat enjoyed the first one, but this one was just awful.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6509

Animal House - 8/10
a classic
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5762|شمال
State of Play    8/10
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic

Board footer