Poll

Svd?

Yes84%84% - 62
No15%15% - 11
Total: 73
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6269
I voted yes. Just aim a little to the side and a little up and you're all set for some great kill streaks.
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5866|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I voted yes. Just aim a little to the side and a little up and you're all set for some great kill streaks.
Depends what resolution you play at, I used to play 1280x1024 and you aim a bit to the right of the point I play at 1440x900 now and it's pretty much dead on the tip
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5683|SQUID
It is the best gun in the game if you can use it well.

Last edited by The A W S M F O X (2009-09-27 23:15:38)

Fateless
+36|6241|Jennifer Connellys Pants
Best rifle for karkand....ever.
Oisín<3
>rush.Irishpride
+139|5425|Dublin, Ireland
Best sniper rifle in the game.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6462|cuntshitlake

Oisín<3 wrote:

Best sniper rifle in the game.
Type88 is.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
1con
---
+6|6224|beach, USA
84% yes, yet no one uses it.  Ironic, isn't it?
H3RB4L ABU53

1con wrote:

84% yes, yet no one uses it.  Ironic, isn't it?
Well it is a vote for "good gun" don't forget most people use other kits
1con
---
+6|6224|beach, USA
I dunno, that high of an approval rating and you would think nearly every sniper would use it every chance they got.  I can not recall *ever* switching kits and thinking 'WOOT! SVD!'.  Its more like 'Damn, let me switch back to my 96 and find a support guy...'

I guess I am in the 16% thats left over.
H3RB4L ABU53
I sometimes have days when I really want to use the SVD, I like the M24 more though, but that's why I like Karkand- I like both guns so it doesn't bother me what team I'm on, suppose the MEC has more choice as you can either have SVD for lots of close-mid range kill streaks, L96A1 for all range accuracy and M95 for pure damage.
Some of my best rounds on Karkand are with the SVD but I just find the bolt actions more satisfying to use because they're more precise and do more damage, and you don't seem to run out of ammo nowhere near as fast- whenever I use the SVD I always tell myself to use it slowly, but even though I always aim for the head I seem to waste a lot of ammo by taking any shot that I think will hit nomatter where the enemy are- it's hard to resist as you have 10 bullets
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6129|Carnoustie MASSIF

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Depends what resolution you play at, I used to play 1280x1024 and you aim a bit to the right of the point I play at 1440x900 now and it's pretty much dead on the tip
FULL STOPS PLEASE! JESUS
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6452|The Twilight Zone

globefish23 wrote:

killer21 wrote:

Seems like the SVD is good for maps that are open but not too open.  Maps like Karkand, Great Wall, or Sharqi.
I'm really wondering how you would smuggle the SVD into Great Wall...
He's just giving examples on what maps the SVD would come useful
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Rock Lobstah
+3|5484

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

https://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/kyleomalley/SVD.png

SVD is great for urban maps and/or if you're the 'assault-sniper' kind of sniper. Its recoil can take a little getting used to, but it's actually surprisingly accurate even at longish ranges. It's capable of popping multiple melons on Jalalabad with shots that would be considered long for that map. Although bullet drop is rarely a factor, the SVD/T88's bullet drop is a complete mystery to me, so it's kind of weak on the larger and more expansive maps.

Not gonna dog the bolt actions though. A sniper player who is very accurate and has a quick pistol draw can be quite menacing, as well. All they need is one rifle shot and a lightning fast pistol spam in your direction.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6680|Disaster Free Zone
Its bullet drop is the same as every other gun in the game.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6462|cuntshitlake

the semis are too inaccurate at distances that require adjusting for bullet drop anyways.

DrunkFace wrote:

Its bullet drop is the same as every other gun in the game.
The LMG's have double the bullet drop others have. Not like it would matter.

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2009-09-28 21:45:22)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6680|Disaster Free Zone
Well technically the velocity is half, which makes bullet drop quadruple.
H3RB4L ABU53

Rock Lobstah wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/ … ey/SVD.png

SVD is great for urban maps and/or if you're the 'assault-sniper' kind of sniper. Its recoil can take a little getting used to, but it's actually surprisingly accurate even at longish ranges. It's capable of popping multiple melons on Jalalabad with shots that would be considered long for that map. Although bullet drop is rarely a factor, the SVD/T88's bullet drop is a complete mystery to me, so it's kind of weak on the larger and more expansive maps.

Not gonna dog the bolt actions though. A sniper player who is very accurate and has a quick pistol draw can be quite menacing, as well. All they need is one rifle shot and a lightning fast pistol spam in your direction.
Yea it can be good long(ish) range I remember ages ago on Jalalabad I was shooting snipers heads hiding in the huts in US uncaps from far away consistently, it does help a lot when you know where to aim, but don't forget that pic is only for 1 resolution- 1280x1024, it changes when you use different resolutions.
I think the recoil is easy to control, the only time you really need to fire fast is if you're really close (almost bumping into them) and don't have time to aim for the head, other than that I'd say it's better to shoot once every half a second or second to reset recoil and get more consistent headshots, obviously you can drag the crosshair down after you fire to reset recoil too- which helps a lot, I know you're supposed to do that anyway, but I tested it with 3200dpi on my mouse (fastest one) and dragged the crosshair down while firing as fast as I could with SVD and all 10 bullets were right next to each other
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5683|SQUID
3 shots per second is the max before rounds start to succumb to wild deviation.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard