13rin
+977|6497

AussieReaper wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

When you can maintain our economy and our quality of life that doesn't involve giving 50%+ of their hard earned paycheck to people in government who are going to squander it, then we'll talk.
I laughed out loud!
So yer tax rate is?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6170|what

JohnG@lt wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

When you can maintain our economy and our quality of life that doesn't involve giving 50%+ of their hard earned paycheck to people in government who are going to squander it, then we'll talk.
I laughed out loud!
Cool. What percentage of your economy is based on shepherding? That's lucrative. Your biggest export is a beer you don't even drink. Cool.
Very lucrative. Care to guess as to how Australia fared during the GFC? lol

As for the quality of life being oh so great, I'm still laughing at that one!
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5376|London, England

AussieReaper wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

I laughed out loud!
Cool. What percentage of your economy is based on shepherding? That's lucrative. Your biggest export is a beer you don't even drink. Cool.
Very lucrative. Care to guess as to how Australia fared during the GFC? lol

As for the quality of life being oh so great, I'm still laughing at that one!
I'm quite happy with my life. Thanks for asking. I guess the fact that I don't live on unemployment and surf every day somehow limits my happiness? Aussies live in squalor. We don't.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6170|what

JohnG@lt wrote:

I'm quite happy with my life. Thanks for asking. I guess the fact that I don't live on unemployment and surf every day somehow limits my happiness? Aussies live in squalor. We don't.
If you say so, champ.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6123|eXtreme to the maX
Of course, goverments ALWAYS squander money
And you do know its the Chinese who are maintaining your economy? It sure ain't the Republicans, or the American 'worker'.
Your biggest export is a beer you don't even drink. Cool.
Wrong, its not our biggest export, its not even really an export since its largely brewed abroad.
Still, at least we do export a few things.
There are far too many sniveling liberals on this board who lament on a daily basis that the US isn't exactly like their own country, like we're missing out.
Its your problem, not ours. If you're happy being owned by the Chinese and Saudis and learning Spanish its OK with us.
Just stay within your borders, stop provoking the muslims and we won't gripe too much.
Your cars suck too BTW.
Still doesn't have any impact on your life.
Duhbya has had a major effect on the world, although you may not have noticed.
Obama is picking up the wreckage, which will have an effect too.
There's more to it but you fail to grasp how stupid and meaningless labels are in American politics.
Funny, coming from the guy who lives in a two-party country owned by corporations and thinks its a democracy
But you're right, both sides are owned, and not by the people, so labels ARE meaningless, unless the label says 'Owned by Exxon'.
You don't know dick about American politics so stop posting like you do. I've gotten sick of reading posts by Europeans and Aussies talking shit on a daily basis about the country I live in.
Any country which can elect Reagan twice Clinton twice and Duhbya twice deserves a good bashing TBH.

Edit: Rearranged smileys

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-09-15 06:39:06)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Ei Em
+7|5507

JohnG@lt wrote:

You don't know dick about American politics so stop posting like you do. I've gotten sick of reading posts by Europeans and Aussies talking shit on a daily basis about the country I live in.
Those are his opinions.
Opinions.

JohnG@lt wrote:

Until then, enjoy being jealous bitches that sit back and talk shit, because that's all you CAN do.
I think it's not jealousy.

JohnG@lt wrote:

I'm fairly sure it does.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Of course, goverments ALWAYS squander money
So handing them a higher percentage of your paycheck is a good thing?

Dilbert_X wrote:

And you do know its the Chinese who are maintaining your economy? It sure ain't the Republicans.
Sure, they're our biggest lender but we shouldn't be borrowing in the first place. They need to either raise taxes or cut out programs that are draining our economy. I vote the latter.

Dilbert_X wrote:

Your biggest export is a beer you don't even drink. Cool.
Wrong, its not our biggest export, its not even really an export since its largely brewed abroad.
Still, at least we do export a few things.
I had some good licorice made in Australia the other day. Kudos.

Dilbert_X wrote:

There are far too many sniveling liberals on this board who lament on a daily basis that the US isn't exactly like their own country, like we're missing out.
Its your problem, not ours. Just stay within your borders, stop provoking the muslims and we won't gripe too much.
I couldn't agree with you more. I want the US military shrunk down to the minimum personally. It would make it more difficult for our politicians to 'project power'.

Dilbert_X wrote:

Duhbya has had a major effect on the world, although you may not have noticed.
Obama is picking up the wreckage, which will have an effect too.
So? He wasn't liked. Who cares? Does it matter what the people on the streets of Europe think about the man? No. Does it matter that our 'enemies' knew that he would respond with force if provoked? Yes. I didn't like the man and I didn't believe in the Iraq war that I fought in but I respect his foreign policy otherwise.

Dilbert_X wrote:

There's more to it but you fail to grasp how stupid and meaningless labels are in American politics.
Funny, coming from the guy who lives in a two-party country owned by corporations and thinks its a democracy
But you're right, both sides are owned, and not by the people, so labels ARE meaningless.
No, it's not a Democracy, it's a Republic. The only people that call it a Democracy are idiot media types. I believe there shouldn't be a party system at all and that each candidate should stand on his own merits when he runs for office. As far as corporations owning our government... You think yours is any different? The people with money run things in any form of government be it representative or authoritarian. It doesn't change.

Dilbert_X wrote:

Any country which can elect Reagan twice Clinton twice and Duhbya twice deserves a good bashing TBH.
I can't even name one of your prime ministers so they must not have had much global impact.

Dilbert_X wrote:

Edit: Rearranged smileys
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6689|UK
The fact you're you can't name one prime minster is a good thing.  History tend to emphaise and retain the fuck up rather than the accomplishment.

Plus might be worthwhile knowing who leads who outside your own borders.  Loads more out there.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

m3thod wrote:

The fact you're you can't name one prime minster is a good thing.  History tend to emphaise and retain the fuck up rather than the accomplishment.

Plus might be worthwhile knowing who leads who outside your own borders.  Loads more out there.
I can name the PM of GB, the Presidents of France and Russia and the Chancellor of Germany. Australia, while it may be the center of your universe, is not a major player on the world stage. Sorry.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
So handing them a higher percentage of your paycheck is a good thing?
It'll come back one way or another.
I vote the latter.
You voted Obama, good for you.
So? He wasn't liked. Who cares?
He majorly fucked up the whole world. We care. Up to the Iraq invasion we cared about 9/11 too.
I had some good licorice made in Australia the other day.
Thats great, I didn't know we made that. Are you sure it was liquorice? The abos sell some funny stuff.
I respect his foreign policy otherwise
Err what foreign policy was that? Herd AQ into Pakistan and hope for the best?
No, it's not a Democracy, it's a Republic.
France is a Republic, suggest you don't pursue that too much further.
I can't even name one of your prime ministers so they must not have had much global impact.
Well the last one did support your war of terror, and sent troops.
Most of us can't name him either, don't worry about it.

We're not that different really.
If you could just learn to laugh at yourself now and then and not worry when we poke fun at your puppet leaders and ridiculous system of govt maybe you'd have a better day.
m3thod
+2,197|6689|UK

JohnG@lt wrote:

m3thod wrote:

I can name the PM of GB, the Presidents of France and Russia and the Chancellor of Germany. Australia, while it may be the center of your universe, is not a major player on the world stage. Sorry.
Wanna bet?  Only 2 counties out east are fully developed first world nations, Japan and Aus.  Austrailia has a very important place in global politics.

He's called Kevin Rudd, speaks fluent mandarin and has a rep for being a bit of a commie.  Now you know 4 leaders.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

We're not that different really.
If you could just learn to laugh at yourself now and then and not worry when we poke fun at your puppet leaders and ridiculous system of govt maybe you'd have a better day.
I happen to think our system of government, as it was intended, is the finest in the world. Separation of powers, separation of church and state, rights of man set forth in the bill of rights and constitution. It wasn't set up as a two party oligarchy, it's just what it evolved into. I am neither a Republican nor a Democrat, I am a Libertarian (and no, as much as he may say it, Glenn Beck is no Libertarian).

My problem is that there are a whole bunch of high school and college aged American kids that run around on the internet and being exposed to the hatred for America that seems to be prominent in the rest of the world. Then I have to deal with these stupid kids that know nothing of the world except that we should try to be more like Europe. F that. I want diversity in the world when it comes to governments so people have a choice what form they want to live under. If they want to live in Communism they should move to Cuba etc. I want the same thing here in the States with competition between the states so I'm not stuck living under a government I don't agree with. Hell, I'm moving out of New York State as soon as I finish up school because I sure as hell don't want to pay the highest taxes in the country just to support some welfare mom with seven kids.

Competition tends to limit the corruption in any given system. Taking power from the States in this country and handing it over to the Federal government limits competition and you end up with what you see here now: an oligarchy run by the Republicrats. This is why so many of us 'conservatives' believe in small government. Sure, many of them are very confused in their views, such as the ones that believe that you can have small government with a big military or that infringing on peoples rights by restoring prayer in school is ok but they just happen to be part of the 'melting pot' of the conservative side of the ball. I happen to be very classically liberal in many of my views but I will always be called a conservative in this country. I'm ok with that. I just don't like being lumped into a group by people who don't know what they are talking about.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

m3thod wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Wanna bet?  Only 2 counties out east are fully developed first world nations, Japan and Aus.  Austrailia has a very important place in global politics.

He's called Kevin Rudd, speaks fluent mandarin and has a rep for being a bit of a commie.  Now you know 4 leaders.
Cool, now I can go down to your country, have legs spread for my American accent, and then discuss politics with the locals. Neat.
-Frederick Bastiat
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6699|Disaster Free Zone

JohnG@lt wrote:

Australia, is not a major player on the world stage. Sorry.
lol.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
On topic:
It is funny seeing toothless hillbillies waving poorly spelt placards and yelling about things they don't understand.
TBH Based on tv we assume all Americans are either slack-jawed yokels or gun-toting NRA nutballs. Oh and Mormons.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

On topic:
It is funny seeing toothless hillbillies waving poorly spelt placards and yelling about things they don't understand.
TBH Based on tv we assume all Americans are either slack-jawed yokels or gun-toting NRA nutballs. Oh and Mormons.
And all of the above make up maybe 2-3% of the population. The NRA does some good work tbh. Charlton Heston > Michael Moore

As I said earlier in this thread, the media will always pick out the stupids in any crowd and make them the story over rational minded people. Rational people are 'boring'. If you really want to see the future of America, watch Idiocracy. Mike Judge hit the nail on the head with that one.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I happen to think our system of government, as it was intended, is the finest in the world.
Its a reasonable system, but not the best.
It has enough flaws.
- Inevitably leads to a two party state, due to the voting system.
- A President with a friendly congress has unlimited power, with an unfriendly congress no power - nothing in between.
Either way democracy doesn't get a look in.
My problem is that there are a whole bunch of high school and college aged American kids that run around on the internet and being exposed to the hatred for America that seems to be prominent in the rest of the world.
We don't hate America, just what it does.
If they want to live in Communism they should move to Cuba etc.
Maybe the Republicans should move to Somalia? You know, free market, no taxes (or services), awesome gun laws and all that.
Australia, is not a major player on the world stage. Sorry.
There's a stage? Goddamit.
If you really want to see the future of America, watch Idiocracy. Mike Judge hit the nail on the head with that one.
Agree with you there, that was an inspired idea, although not the greatest film. It does represent the future of humanity.
Could defo go for a Starbucks about now.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-09-15 07:21:37)

m3thod
+2,197|6689|UK

JohnG@lt wrote:

m3thod wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Cool, now I can go down to your country, have legs spread for my American accent, and then discuss politics with the locals. Neat.
Unable to challenge my response given your highly evident lack of knowledge of the world outside the USA has been proved.  I specifically engaged with you given a typical wah wah liburls, stop taking about the US post a page back or so.   

FYI Brits don't tend to go for americans (for whatever reason) our slutbags go mental for the Aus, prob something about the accents.  But you wouldn't know about that either.

Last edited by m3thod (2009-09-15 07:27:10)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

m3thod wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Unable to challenge my response given your highly evident lack of knowledge of the world outside the USA has been proved.  I specifically engaged with you given a typical wah wah liburls, stop taking about the US post a page back or so.   

FYI Brits don't tend to go for americans (for whatever reason) our slutbags go mental for the Aus, prob something about the accents.  But you would know about that either.
So I assume you've been to America and spent enough time here for your vitriol to fit? I have left my borders, thank you. I've been to Canada, Mexico, The Netherlands, Germany, Qatar, Kuwait and Iraq. Do I wish to see more of the world? You bet. Will I ever lament the fact that we no longer have an umbilical cord attached to GB? No. I've met the products of your public schools and they... leave much to be desired. Same can be said for most of the people who graduate from public schools in this country.

You, who wear the Soviet flag as your avatar, a nation that killed millions of it's own people because they were 'undesirable', are a joke. You need to pick new heroes instead of flying the flag of Lenin and Stalin. Or better yet, read the works of your own esteemed author, George Orwell.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Canada - Doesn't count
Mexico - Thats in America
The Netherlands - Very funny - They don't exist.
Germany - Its the same as America only even gayer
Qatar, Kuwait, Iraq - Meh

Public schools certainly suck.
a nation that killed millions of it's own people because they were 'undesirable'
Red Indians anyone?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

a nation that killed millions of it's own people because they were 'undesirable'
Red Indians anyone?
Can't argue with that except none of my family was in this country when it happened. All of my grandparents were immigrants from Germany, Sweden or Poland.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Pretty sure M3thod and his family weren't in Russia at the time either.
Your argument fails.

With your fantastic system of Republicanism you guys carried out a virtual genocide.
Even the British never tried anything like that.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-09-15 07:41:08)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Pretty sure M3thod and his family weren't in Russia at the time either.
Your argument fails.

With your fantastic system of Republicanism you guys carried out a virtual genocide.
No? The genocide of which you speak began under British rule.
-Frederick Bastiat
13rin
+977|6497

Dilbert_X wrote:

What the heck are you on about?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The genocide of which you speak began under British rule.
Not as a govt policy.
During the American Revolution, the newly proclaimed United States competed with the British for the allegiance of Native American nations east of the Mississippi River. Most Native Americans who joined the struggle sided with the British, hoping to use the American Revolutionary War to halt further colonial expansion onto Native American land.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_Ame … ted_States
Somehow doubt they would side with the British if they were being wiped out by them.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard