(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6799|Grapevine, TX
Did you think Obama’s healthcare speech was going to be the big story of the day? You won’t after watching these hidden-camera videos catching ACORN advising an undercover aspiring congressman and prostitute on how to do all sorts of illegal behavior, including tax evasion, running a brothel, sex trafficking of underage girls, and laundering money. As a bonus they learn some valuable lessons about hiding out from competing pimps.

Who ever said community organizing wasn’t worth the billions we spend on it?
source

This actually disgusts me, as an American.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6730|San Antonio, Texas
Not surprising...

I wonder if they will get a RICO case rolling.
13rin
+977|6449

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Not surprising...

Didn't these morons get billions of stimulus money?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
They got a slice of $4.19 billion, exact numbers are not known though.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6706|Salt Lake City

DBBrinson1 wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Not surprising...

No.  That was pure FUD from John Boehner.

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/02/the-st … and-acorn/
13rin
+977|6449

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Not surprising...

No.  That was pure FUD from John Boehner.

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/02/the-st … and-acorn/
GOOD.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

Hardly surprises me it was in Baltimore.
13rin
+977|6449

ghettoperson wrote:

Hardly surprises me it was in Baltimore.
Hell, in FL they just arrested a group of them for voter fraud.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

Who? Baltimorites? Or ACORNians?
13rin
+977|6449

ghettoperson wrote:

Eleven Acornians.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breakin … 24631.html
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6706|Salt Lake City

DBBrinson1 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Eleven Acornians.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breakin … 24631.html
That were reported to authorities by ACORN.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6799|Grapevine, TX
They were fired today, no surprise.

Its just a shame, that this "Community Organization" has been shown to be so incompetently directed and affecting local & federal government. The need a big Ban hammer.
=JoD=Corithus
+30|6528
Hmm, all these recent tales of human corruption and just plain hardcore fail make me nostalgic for Babylonian justice....would be interesting if those principles were instituted today.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
Think it is an isolated incident? Here's a Washington D.C. ACORN office:

There's just more evidence that this organization needs to be investigated.
13rin
+977|6449

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Think it is an isolated incident? Here's a Washington D.C. ACORN office:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWRTYD26Kxc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9MCk6GvQO4

There's just more evidence that this organization needs to be investigated.
I just heard about this.  I tip my hat to this man and woman.  They are fine Americans.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Fucking crickets from the media...
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina

FEOS wrote:

Fucking crickets from the media...
Actually, CNN did a front page story on this.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/09/10/ … newssearch

I am interested in knowing what O'Keefe's ideas on how to deal with things like abortion and teen pregnancy are though, since he not only put together this "sting" on ACORN, but he also claims to have found racism in Planned Parenthood.

James O'Keefe is a conservative activist, and here's some more info on him.

http://biggovernment.com/author/jokeefe/
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
CNN headline: ACORN workers caught on tape allegedly advising on prostitution.

Really? Allegedly? I believe the proof is there not to be considered alleged corruption. I like how the CNN reporter stressed that O'Keefe was a conservative activist, like it mattered.

And Turquoise, why would it matter about the filmer's beliefs? I think that's just deflecting the subject to something that is irrelevant.
Turquoise
O Canada

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Really? Allegedly? I believe the proof is there not to be considered alleged corruption. I like how the CNN reporter stressed that O'Keefe was a conservative activist, like it mattered.

And Turquoise, why would it matter about the filmer's beliefs? I think that's just deflecting the subject to something that is irrelevant.
So, when you watch a Michael Moore movie, you don't consider his inherent beliefs?
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
Point taken.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6350|MN

Turquoise wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

So, when you watch a Michael Moore movie, you don't consider his inherent beliefs?
I take into account that these were conservatives trying to find something against ACORN.  Guess what, ACORN handed it to them on a silver platter.  If there was some sort of slanting done on how they go about business that would be one thing.  They didn't, they just posted the ENTIRE video.  Watch it, then tell me to worry about the intentions of the filmmaker instead of the intentions of ACORN.

EDIT:  Good news, the census bureau has severed ties with ACORN, they will not be assisting in the census.

Last edited by LividBovine (2009-09-11 17:59:49)

"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Turquoise wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Michael Moore is a filmmaker. Not a journalist.

ACORN trying to justify and legitimize prostitution and trafficking in underage girls had nothing to do with the journalist's beliefs. It had everything to do with ACORN.

Last edited by FEOS (2009-09-11 18:09:13)

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Turquoise
O Canada

FEOS wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Michael Moore is a filmmaker. Not a journalist.

ACORN trying to justify and legitimize prostitution and trafficking in underage girls had nothing to do with the journalist's beliefs. It had everything to do with ACORN.
O'Keefe is an activist, not a journalist.  Journalists at least attempt to be objective.

The footage shown was edited.  If it was unedited, it would be journalism, because it would show the full context of the conversation.  O'Keefe clearly had an agenda just like Moore does.

Now, I'm not suggesting that the unedited footage would be any less incriminating, but it would certainly be more credible as a news source.
Turquoise
O Canada

LividBovine wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

I take into account that these were conservatives trying to find something against ACORN.  Guess what, ACORN handed it to them on a silver platter.  If there was some sort of slanting done on how they go about business that would be one thing.  They didn't, they just posted the ENTIRE video.  Watch it, then tell me to worry about the intentions of the filmmaker instead of the intentions of ACORN.

EDIT:  Good news, the census bureau has severed ties with ACORN, they will not be assisting in the census.
Where is the entire video?
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6350|MN

Turquoise wrote:

http://biggovernment.com
Transcript is there as well.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard