chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

While containing both Survival maps and a Co-operative Campaign, the primary goal of "Crash" is to deliver a complete Versus mode experience in just 30 minutes, resulting in a streamlined version of the game's existing Versus campaigns. A recharge timer for infected teammates has also been added, and item spawn behavior has changed for more balanced gameplay.
http://store.steampowered.com/news/2708/

Looks like they are trying to ease all those whineing "Waaah, L4D2" folks ;D
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas
Left 4 Dead: Crash Course is targeted for release in September and will be available free of charge on the PC
Mhmmmm. Honestly I wasn't that pleased with L4D, I don't really see all the replayability. Will deffo give this a go, though.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6590|Mhz

Bevo wrote:

Left 4 Dead: Crash Course is targeted for release in September and will be available free of charge on the PC
Mhmmmm. Honestly I wasn't that pleased with L4D, I don't really see all the replayability. Will deffo give this a go, though.
L4D is good fun with mates, with random people it's probably one of the worst games ever made lol, glad it's getting some content, still a long way short of what was expected though.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas
That is one of the issues, seems all the steam players around here are UK and Aus -_-
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438

Bevo wrote:

That is one of the issues, seems all the steam players around here are UK and Aus -_-
Myself, Miggle, Haffey and MutantBear used to rock L4D all the time. Then MB and Haffey got into WoW.

They are missed.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Bevo wrote:

Myself, Miggle, Haffey and MutantBear used to rock L4D all the time. Then MB and Haffey got into WoW.

They are missed.
I play it every once in a while too, but it doesn't keep my interest enough.  It just seems like mindless repetition, like most zombie games.  However, new free content is always good.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Hopefully the 4v4 matchmaking will be out by then meaning that Survival will be playable .

This is excellent news and I can't wait.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Good news. Just read about this in on a Finnish gaming magazine site. I still play this game quite a lot. A buddy just got it a couple weeks ago so we have good frustrating rounds with survival. This one map, factory or sumtin, I went apeshit because the time stopped at 09:59:45

Yesterday I got the runway to gold. Found out a nice little way to that too.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6489|Adelaide, South Australia

Versus is where the fun's at - glad to see that they're actually doing something.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Btw I keep reading that this campaign is only 2 chapters instead of 5 .

I hope they put all the lessons learned in L4D1 (ie the changes in map design that they're using in L4D2) to good use in this new mini campaign.

Edit: http://www.destructoid.com/exclusive-pr … 2570.phtml

There's a written preview of the stuff. Sounds pretty cool. Also. Why has Source Engine Games section been so dead lately .

I stopped reading the preview at this part:

The second chapter, by far, is one of the most awesome yet seen in Left 4 Dead. There are a number of surprises in store, so be warned that from here on in, I'm giving out spoilers. If you want to be spooked by this game's grand finale, stop reading. The rest of you, carry on ...

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-08-06 10:44:42)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

It's meant to bridge the gap between No Mercy and Death Toll so I was expecting a short campaign. Two chapters doesn't surprise me even if it is a little dissapointing.
I don't play this one too much any more. Was dissapointed with the amount of "continuing Valve support" that never came through in a way that could be called satisfactory, especially when considering what could be done with L4D. That's the very reason for L4D2 though isn't it; they realised that they could do so much with L4D that they came to the conclusion that they should probably just make a completely new game.

Left 4 Dead, although fun and although still getting tricklings of support from Valve, is still a bit of a black mark on Valve's otherwise admirable record.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
You're not the only one. With the standard Valve have set themselves the past few years, L4D support can only be described as 'abysmal' in comparison.

It's a huge shame.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6438

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

You're not the only one. With the standard Valve have set themselves the past few years, L4D support can only be described as 'abysmal' in comparison.

It's a huge shame.
Not really. TeamFortress 2 was above and beyond any previous standards of any developer, not only that but TF2 has it's own dedicated team that is working under the command of Robin Walker, and apart from the rest of Valve. After the Crash pack, L4D will have received roughly the same amount of additional content as Counter-Strike or Day of Defeat, people just like to bash L4D's support because of how great TF2's was, that they forget that even by Valve's standard TF2's support was much higher than one would think it should be.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

Good point, but it must be remembered how much Valve promised. They were even promising "Meet the Survivors" videos. I believe I read one interview where it was stated that they hope to be bringing out new campaigns in the first few moths after release, (which I might add was part of their defence for "only having four campaigns" in the initial product.)

Also L4D does have a dedicated team - Valve South. Of course this team is currently working on L4D2 so therein lies the differece.

As I understand it Valve simply promised more than they could deliver. I mean that's fine, there's nothing worse than me bitching and moaning abouit how I'm not going to get "my" free stuff that I deserve well... just 'cause. However Valve made promises and those promises meant that people were more inclined to buy the game. Not me, I was going to buy it anyway but others who maybe thought, "this looks okay but only four campaigns? Only five main weapons?" and were made to think, "oh but Valve said they'd be adding more content almost immediately so I'll buy this," it amounts to a certain degree of false advertising.

Valve may or may not continue adding more to L4D, they said they would but updates have been fairly few and far between for a game that was "almost immediately" going to start getting some serious add-ons. I think adding a new simplistic game mode, (survival,) and a mini-campaign, (Crash,) is a start, hardly what was promised but whatever. Adding Death Toll and Dead Air to Versus doesn't count as an add-on as they should have been Versus mode campaigns at the very beginning.

I still think Valve screwed up. They promised too much and I don't see them delivering anything comparable to what they said they would do either now or after L4D2 is released. It's forgivable but I can understand why people are a tad miffed.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6313
too little too late. And the matchmaking from hell is still from hell. That´s what made me quit.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

It's a huge shame.
Not really. TeamFortress 2 was above and beyond any previous standards of any developer, not only that but TF2 has it's own dedicated team that is working under the command of Robin Walker, and apart from the rest of Valve. After the Crash pack, L4D will have received roughly the same amount of additional content as Counter-Strike or Day of Defeat, people just like to bash L4D's support because of how great TF2's was, that they forget that even by Valve's standard TF2's support was much higher than one would think it should be.
But that's the problem, they promised TF2 levels of support! Every time future content was mentioned they compared it to TF2 support. Not only that but Doug said in an interview that content would be out 'much more quickly' than TF2's was.

So yes. Abysmal.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
So uh. It's coming out on thursday by the way.

Should be good .

However if my internet doesn't improve soon I won't be playing it because I won't be able to download it.

https://twitter.com/ValveNews

(and yes I know, wtf kind of source is that. It's all there is though so shaddup)

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-09-06 04:35:14)

Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6438
Yay!
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
i hope the matchmaking actually works for me so i can at least try it
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

Uzique wrote:

i hope the matchmaking actually works for me so i can at least try it
Indeed. We pretty much had to buy a server to be able to enjoy, or even play this game earlier.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
And even then, because we were always against 4 randoms each game lasted roughly 5-10 minutes before we were back in the lobby due to everyone leaving.

The last we heard about the 4v4, it was going to be 'soon' after the Crash Course update. Just like it was going to be 'soon' after the Survival Pack -.-

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-09-06 11:10:08)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Hey so the Xbox 360 version had a title update today.

That might mean that Crash Course will follow shortly. Not that I can download it at the moment but you know
Brasso
+1,549|6600

Bevo wrote:

They are missed.
MB has always played wow

L4D started to bore me.  i still play TF2 a lot though.  i'll play L4D again, promise
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6375|NSW, Australia

whens this shit out?
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
http://kotaku.com/5365583/left-4-deads- … -next-week

Tuesday the 29th

Valve really know how to stretch a 'September' release date as far as possible. Although as with all L4D content, the fault was more likely with Microsoft.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard