usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6769

Someone please explain to me this obsession with other peoples medals, ranks, and stats.  I just don't get why some many people give a crap what other people do.  Does it affect you in any way?  Not really.  So they have more imaginary medals and ribbons, big deal.  They are not stealing any money away from you, so why care so much?
strangelove
HOBO SPIRIT
+77|6628|the side hatch
same reason people care about sports or tv shows or books or video games

it's fun because it's interesting
enkur
+0|6620|Austin, TX
I only posted for the fact that getting the General rank has such a ridiculous requirements that no sane people can get them and that this guy is the closest.
Making the time requirements on the badges/medals is just plain stupid... they should have kill requirements like 10000 kills in armor, 10000 kills for each kit or so some crazy number like that. If you only have time requirements then a lot of people will just idle in the vehicles or as kits. The kill requirements actually makes them do some work.
enkur
+0|6620|Austin, TX
I dont think he meant it in a negative of why people care.... he meant the reason people admire sports, tv or other figures
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6769

enkur wrote:

I dont think he meant it in a negative of why people care.... he meant the reason people admire sports, tv or other figures
I guess what I mean is, worry about your own stuff.  I see people in Moongamers server damn near trying to cyber with Firestorm.  It's really pathetic.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6653

duc1mus wrote:

Looked at his stat on bf2tracker.com and the guy played 437.27 hours in the last 31 days... often plays 20+ hours a day. I don't really think he does anything for living. Played 2500 hours and only have 191 000 points, looks like a noob to me. A noob with a lot of time thought.
the guy played 437.27 hours in the last 31 days
that’s equivalent to
playing bf2 18 straight days 24 hours a day...  that’s assuming if he played 24 hours a day which he did not but that’s how much it would equal to...
mjw
The All Rounder
+22|6766|Rotherham, England
damn this guy is only 20 hours in plane away, whether people think he is sad or whatever this guy is definetely hardcore and very dedicated.
another thing is, that he will go past brig general straight away and go straight to major general as he all gold badges. When he gets 6000 more points which shouldn't take him long he will have 3 star general so, this guy will have highest rank in bf2.
Shame is he wont be seen on any leaderboard becuase his global score isn't high enough.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6730|Eastern PA
I bet they made the requirements for the flag ranks the same as for 1st Sgt and Sgt Maj. ie. if you haven't earned the badges before reaching 180k points you'll just stay at Col.
ApolloOperator
+0|6607|California :D

Masques wrote:

I bet they made the requirements for the flag ranks the same as for 1st Sgt and Sgt Maj. ie. if you haven't earned the badges before reaching 180k points you'll just stay at Col.
I must 100% disagree with you. The requirements for 1st Sergeant and Sgt. Major are A LOT easier to get than the General ranks.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6730|Eastern PA

ApolloOperator wrote:

Masques wrote:

I must 100% disagree with you. The requirements for 1st Sergeant and Sgt. Major are A LOT easier to get than the General ranks.
I'm not talking about ease of getting the badges, but rather the general system of "you won't get x rank if you don't have y badge, you'll just be promoted to a different lateral rank". Catch my drift?

I'm saying that I think the expert vehicle badges have to be achieved before reaching 180k points otherwise you'll stay a Col., not that getting to Sgt. Maj. is harder, but that this would be like getting a lateral promotion to 1st Sgt from MSgt. if you got the pistol badge after reaching 20k points.  If I'm wrong or have missed something posted relating to this, feel free to enlighten me.
ApolloOperator
+0|6607|California :D

Masques wrote:

I'm saying that I think the expert vehicle badges have to be achieved before reaching 180k points otherwise you'll stay a Col.,
I totally understand your point, but if you look at the expert vehicle req, a lot of people will stay at Colonel.
mimah
Critically Wounded
+6|6709|A van down by the river!

MB.nZ wrote:

moose_rider wrote:

He idles...
do u guys have to bitch about everythin?
I agree everytime there is a post showing the stats of a "seasoned" player most of the comments are negative. Yes he plays quite a bit but I see it as his game, he payed for it, he can do what the hell he wants

I give him props for being so close he will be there by sat night

I salute him
aslpride
+6|6670

ApolloOperator wrote:

Masques wrote:

I'm saying that I think the expert vehicle badges have to be achieved before reaching 180k points otherwise you'll stay a Col.,
I totally understand your point, but if you look at the expert vehicle req, a lot of people will stay at Colonel.
I just hope, big hope the EA "Powerhouse in BF2" will start thinking of reality and allow to adjust on hours usage on vehicles especially on Airplane, Helio, and Tank. Then it will be more competition between players than sitting our butt out and collecting the hours. I mean it is ridiculous to have 400 hours on tank with only 12 kills. That is not a challenge. 12 kills, eh? I can cough up 25 to 35 kills per round. Suppose they change the expert requirement to 100 hours with IAR of 40 kills. That is reasonable challenge.

Since people did complain about dolphin diving and EA "Powerhouse in BF2" did adjust our quick jump from laying on ground to prevent dolphin diving. Why not we start complain on ridiculous hours on vehicles and have them reduce the hours and increase IAR kills.
||3RB||earljohnson
Got Milk?
+0|6686
hes got 9 more hours to go in a airplane, so tomorrow/today we will have a general
Mr.Pieeater
+116|6632|Cherry Pie
Is it worse that he has no life, or that you guys are complaining he has no life on a BF2 forum?  I think its cool that he is actually almost there, but we all know that rank is not about skill.  Maybe a few of the awards, but when it comes down to it anyone is able to earn the awards after a certain amount of time.
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6703|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia
he admins his own server and just idles in it, anyone who kills him gets banned, that's why his spm is shit
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6682|Canberra, AUS

polarbearz wrote:

You one unsearched post away from being assraped by me.
uhhh... how?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Mr.Pieeater
+116|6632|Cherry Pie

.ACB|_Cutthroat1 wrote:

he admins his own server and just idles in it, anyone who kills him gets banned, that's why his spm is shit
First of all, I went in the server and he wasn't idling at all.  So thats a lie AND I killed him with a claymore planted in his airplane hangar and didn't get banned.  So how about you shut the hell up.  I told him good luck with his General promotion and he was a cool dude about it.  Surprisingly he wasn't even flying planes for most of the time I was with in there.  I would be flying that plane like there was no tomorrow if I was him.  I think its cool that someone is actually close to being a general and if EA doesn't let him rank up after earning all of those medals I will be pissed for him!
[DEI]Bart
fire at will!!!
+76|6720|Leiden, Holland for the n00bs

Mr.Pieeater wrote:

.ACB|_Cutthroat1 wrote:

First of all, I went in the server and he wasn't idling at all.  So thats a lie AND I killed him with a claymore planted in his airplane hangar and didn't get banned.  So how about you shut the hell up.  I told him good luck with his General promotion and he was a cool dude about it.  Surprisingly he wasn't even flying planes for most of the time I was with in there.  I would be flying that plane like there was no tomorrow if I was him.  I think its cool that someone is actually close to being a general and if EA doesn't let him rank up after earning all of those medals I will be pissed for him!
well said, lett EA be nice and dont restat anyone who are blamed beacause they have a higher rank and more badges than they have, they are just jealous.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6727|California

its like hes a god to you or something. all it means is, no social ties, no school/job/family
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6724
YAY!!! does any1 know his e-mail? if they do e-mail him that he has no life he clearly doesnt have one...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6817|Nårvei

Well, he`s only 3 hours playingtime away from all of us finding out if General ranks can get earned with or without the badges being taken after the pointrequirements are done.
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Speelbal
+146|6760|Netherlands
off-topic

xaven wrote:

having expert repair is always suspicious...
Why? Several ways to get it, it just depends on your team. A good way is to use the APC on a Karkand 64 player map. You need a buddy who is engineer too. Both of you get repair points. I managed to get about 15 repair points in 1 round this way, and I wasn't trying to get it that way.

I got it on Dalian Plant 64 player. A guy in the Jet was constantly destroying the arty assets on that little island. I went over there to repair. Just like Scorpion65. Getting expert repair is easier than you think.

Ontopic

That guy seems to idle a lot of times, but is that illegal then? I'm trying to get all the expert kits too, but can't idle. Sadly enough. I will be kicked. I just think that this dude is sorta idling. Being admin, watching his server and playing a bit along the way.
I dont care if he gets the next rank, i'm kinda curious how it looks like in bf2Hq.
Silver18
+10|6633
Ok, so he idles, so what?
You cannot expect someone to play -adds up- 2700+ hours activley, just to get badges.
hes got 3 more hours to go, good on him for having the patience I say. Don't worry what he does with his life, you don't know him, probably never will...so who cares what he does with his time? It doesn't worry you.
And like someone else said...people are interested in bf2 stats just like others are interested in who kicked the most goals for essendon last friday etc.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard