Jean_Peste_tu?
Yes I Do
+44|6620|Auteuil, Laval
Preferable to escape with gaming than with drugs.

I lol'ed at my co-worker last week.  He's an addicted gamer, a pure one some would say. 
He told that when he had to go to the hospital because his appendix busted, the doctors noticed signs of severage. (that's french, means when you're addicted to much on something your body reacts when your being in a missing state of a given drug.  Could only find in english on Google about pay stuff.)  He's a brilliant guy though but nerdy for 2 and so much slim that he as to pass twice in front of the sun to make some shadow.

I must confess I'm one of them too, and one that makes the age higher.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

There must be a lot of 70 year old, 500lbs gamers out there to fuck with the averages.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6175|Sydney | ♥

Video games might be regarded as an obsession for youngsters but in fact the average player is aged 35

looked at the behavior of 552 adults aged between 19 to 90
Idiots.

Last edited by tazz. (2009-08-23 18:40:44)

everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
digital self medication. hot!!
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6000|Vortex Ring State
Title should be "Average Seattle Gamer is...."

All the gamers in the armed forces surely are fairly fit and satisfied (and maybe even older!).

(and I'm sure there are plentyof gamers in the military, I once met a Damage Controlman in the navy who had served at least 30 years, and still played CoD4 on his Xbox. PM me for a gamertag)
Defiance
+438|6671

fermatx wrote:

All the gamers in the armed forces surely are fairly fit and satisfied (and maybe even older!).

(and I'm sure there are plentyof gamers in the military, I once met a Damage Controlman in the navy who had served at least 30 years, and still played CoD4 on his Xbox. PM me for a gamertag)
No, fermatx, Seattle has nothing to do with it. Your fit military gaming friends are probably fit because of the miltary, not games. It figures they would play games though, I have a handful of friends that enjoyed shooting shit in a video game so much, they enlisted.

Macho bravado bullshit imo, but hey, you may have a different opinion.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5400
I am phat
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK
totally worthless study. 900 people... have to be over 19?! Also what do they define as a gamer? Someone that has played games at some point? Someone that does play games regularly? How many hours?

you can pretty much guarantee this study is wrong.

Last edited by Vilham (2009-08-23 20:42:35)

GR34
+215|6545|ALBERTA> CANADA

jsnipy wrote:

Kptk92 wrote:

I'm neither of them!
me 2
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5509|America
LOL nice. None of those apply to me or any of the gamers I know. Silly surveys games are kids.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6464|cuntshitlake

Noobpatty wrote:

Aged between 19-90?
...they started at the age 19. Fail. The average gamer is therefore, definitely not 35.
They had a 90 year old?
Yeap that's where they failed. There's probably more 10-18 year-old gamers than those over 19
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6474|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Hmm. One of these again huh? I just figured out a study in 5 seconds that the average taxi driver over here is 19-60 years old and is overweight/obese and extremely sad of his life. And he drives a Volvo.
TuataraDude
+115|6523|Aotearoa
It would appear that if this survey is accurate, I would be off to the edge of the bell curve. I however refuse to say which end
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6000|Vortex Ring State

Defiance wrote:

fermatx wrote:

No, fermatx, Seattle has nothing to do with it. Your fit military gaming friends are probably fit because of the miltary, not games. It figures they would play games though, I have a handful of friends that enjoyed shooting shit in a video game so much, they enlisted.

Macho bravado bullshit imo, but hey, you may have a different opinion.
I'm saying that the survey is about the "average gamer" IN SEATTLE, NOT the "average gamer", so the title should be "average Seattle gamer is"...

If the survey was about the "average gamer" it would be skewed by the military gamers (which make up a significant portion of the gamer population), so that overweight would not apply.

I never said playing games made you fit and satisfied.

And yes, they are fit cause of the military.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England
The article does a good job in trying to make it seem like it's the video games that causes all of that. Rather it's just something that people who are usually already overweight, depressed and introverted that get into video games. It's the effect not the cause.

It's like saying the same about how a nightclub is the reason people are extroverts and things like that. No that sounds dumb right, these people are already like that. They go to the nightclubs more than others.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard